Magic Marker Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow busy season line up should be some colorful foals

so sorry about your lost mares how heart breaking

We are sandy here too and give sand clear once a month for a week in the winter when the grass is sparse

I hope your filly is back to herself soon

Gidget(sick filly) is eating, drinking, and her poop is normal. She still has stomach cramps. She will stretch out and occasionally roll. Lays down a lot. I put her buddy, Tiger, in with her. Just a waiting game, not much more I can do.

Top it off, one of our stallions was acting colicy this morning. Got him to eat some soaked alfalfa pellets with psyllium. Continued to want to lay down and roll. Walked him most of the morning. He pooped 5x, normal(not loose and not hard). He still kept laying down and rolling. We had given the filly naproxin on Monday and it helped her pain. Gave some to Hawk(stallion) and a couple hours later he was up, looking for food. Also syringed a lot of oil in him.

It's not worth calling a vet because they are worthless in Tucson. Even if it's an emergency, it takes them hours to arrive. We lost a filly because it took the fourth vet we had called two hours to show up. Had they gotten their within the hour that we had called, she could have been saved.

All they do is give the horse oil and pain meds. I can do the same thing.

On other notes, still no baby goats. Her bag is huge and I can't feel her ligaments. She's got to pop soon or I'm performing a c-section.LOL I have four more goats behind her.

I'll get pictures tomorrow of Design(300 days), Shadow(281), and Miss T(271) tomorrow(if nothing else happens). Design and Shadow have a little more bag, otherwise look the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope they all stay well for you
default_smile.png

Both Gidget and Hawk are doing better today. Laying down sleeping a lot, but it's getting warm here.(so they are enjoying the sun)

Camera's battery died, while taking pictures of broodmares. Got Design(301 days) and Shadow(282 days). Will get Miss T(372 days), Lace(260 days), and Freckles(253 days) tomorrow.

SANY0266.JPG

SANY0267.JPG

SANY0268.JPG

SANY0270.JPG

SANY0271.JPG

SANY0272.JPG

SANY0273.JPG

SANY0275.JPG

So glad that Gidget and Hawk are feeling better - they do love to worry us at times dont they! Your girls are looking good - cant wait for the rest of the pictures.

Let Heidi(Alpine goat) out this morning at 7 am. Here's a picture of her bag. I didn't think it could get any bigger, BOY was I wrong.

SANY0276.JPG

SANY0277.JPG

Kept an eye on her and this is what I got by noon. Two blue eyed bucklings.

On a miniature horse note, both Hawk and Gidget where out running around with their buddies. Hawk with two coming 2 yr olds and Gidget with Tiger and friends.

One goat down and four more this month. I am also helping a friend out and taking her 9 Lamanchas next month. I'll be kidding them out and milking them. Her daughter(own goats) is still up in Washington. They are all due in March.

SANY0278.JPG

SANY0279.JPG

Oh congratulations - they are so very cute! Well done to Heidi.
default_yes.gif

Top it off, she never layed down to deliver them. She kept walking around. I had to catch them, so they didn't have a hard landing. We where hoping for at least one girl. She had two girls last year, so couldn't be lucky and have girl's again.

My buck is batting 100% on blue eyes. A blue-eyed Nigerian had two in Nov., a amber-eyed Nigerian had two in Nov., and Heidi(brown-eyed) has two. Hope all the other kids born this year have blue eyes.

Adorable kids! We almost had a goat to kid out this year, but it didn't work out so now we have a mini to foal out instead
default_laugh.png

AW they are soooo cute. I was going to make my hubby sell his goats so I've got more room for the girls but kidding time is so lovely I think I'll just have to keep scooping poop lol.

Well, we got a suprise this morning. Wendy, my Nigerian, was due at the end of this month. Walked to the backyard to check on all the does. Was concerned about the other Alpine(acting werid). Wendy had two tiny doelings at her side. The black and white one is blue-eyed(NOT LEAVING THIS FARM) and the brown-eyed one is brown and black. She is acting like she still has one more. Will update you later, if she does have another.

I'll get you updated pictures of the mares next week, unless I have a suprise. My roommate/business partner has been sick, so she has been home. The computer is her's, so I don't have much access to it. She starts her new job Monday, working for the sheriff's department.

SANY0283.JPG

SANY0284.JPG

SANY0285.JPG

Oh Wow, cuteness overload, I am in love
default_wub.png
I am so glad Hawk and Gidget are feeling better, well done for getting them over it.

Awww... such cuties! My nigerian dwarf doe Ali is due with her first in june.....cant wait!

Aww
default_wub.png
I especially liked the pic with the cat, I didn't realize how tiny they are until I saw the cat for scale!

Latest posts

Back