Looking for information

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheila

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this, and also fairly new with minis. I own a young mare (3 yrs old) and a 2 year old stallion. They lived together all the time and I have seen her in heat and saw him mount her at that time. Problem is, I have a vet who doesn't know a thing about minis and cannot check if she is pregnant! He did a blood test though, but because he does not know mini's although the test came back at 7.56 NG/ML he can only guess if she is pregnant. I know I need to find a new vet, but does anyone know how I can find more info on what the levels for a pregant mini mare should be?

Thanks, hope this isn't too confusing.

Sheila

Pemberton, NJ

First of all, make notes about the dates.

How long ago was it that she was with him?

I think if your vet needs some input, you could try contacting Joanne Ross of Scott Creek Farm. She is not a repro vet, but she works with one on her farm, and does a lot of the work on her own horses. She is very likely to know this answer. I think the numbers SHOULD be the same, though they would be different for different times of gestation if I'm not mistaken.

I think if you look on the internet you may have an idea of what the numbers should be.

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back