Let's all recognize Livestrong Day!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda_H

Reaction score
I have not been here much due to Ricks battle with cancer he is done with treatment -still has a feeding tube & can't yet eat but in 2 weeks we find out if it is gone

I wanted to raise everyone's awareness of May 17th Livestrong Day It is a day set aside to increase awareness of cancer as a national priority This was organized by the Lance Armstrong Foundation There are over 10 million cancer survivors and 1.3 million people diagnosed with cancer in the USA each year One of the ways to make everyone aware of the day and the work of the LAF is to wear yellow on May 17th I know many of us have been touched by this nasty disease and I am hoping we can all hunt up some yellow clothing to wear To find out more look up livestrong.org

I do not usually jump on a band wagon but we learned how your life can be changed in an instant with the dreaded words "you have cancer"

Also again thanks for all your help & support!

Linda, I so agree. Hearing the words "I'm 99.9% sure that it's cancer" was probably the worst day in my life. My husband's surgery and chemotherapy was a very humbling and trying experience, to say the least.

I don't know if I have anything that's yellow, but I'm definately going to be looking. I think I'm going to try to get my husband on livestrong.org to tell his story. If he don't, I probably will.

[SIZE=14pt]Linda WE will observe that day. Still praying for Rick to have a great recovery.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Back