Surgery FRIDAY -- I'm All Set To Get It Done!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jill I have not read the back porch for sometime and came across your post. You will be in our prayers and thoughts and hope all goes well. Take Care Frannie

Sending warm wishes for a successful surgery and quick recovery Jill! Hang in there, and soon it will be all over!!
default_smile.png

Jill,

Sending good karma and lots of positive thoughts your way! It sounds like you have an excellent facility there with the best doctors! That has to be a relief!

Is there someone that can be contacted by phone, that could post here, in case you cant connect on your laptop to let us know how you are doing???????????

Good luck, I know you will do fine, and wishing you the BEST!!!!

Just wanted to say good luck Jill! Hope you have a very successful surgery and a really speedy recovery.

Barbie

Good luck Jill! We're all sending you good thoughts and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Liz R.

Good luck for tomorrow Jill, know that we will be thinking of you and hoping you sail through the surgery and that you have a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes

Yvonne

Jill, I haven't been on as much lately, but you have been on my mind. I will continue to keep you in my prayers for a speedy and full recovery.

HUGE HUGS,

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been on here much so am slow in posting on here!

Thinking good thoughts for you & sending good wishes for you!

Don't be planning to do too much too soon, as that could lead to disappointment. If they're removing a lobe of your lung, do expect to be very short of breath to start with. I'm not trying to be a downer, just don't want to have you be terribly disappointed at how well you don't feel to start with!! Been there, done that, though of course mine was not done the "easy" way with just a couple small incisions and a scope, mine was the full incision, spreading the ribs until they cracked (and those cracked ribs were about the worst part of the whole thing!)--so took longer to heal.

Hint--do not exhale while they are removing the chest tubes. Not all doctors warn you to inhale and hold your breath for those few seconds. (The resident that removed mine didn't, he was too busy being stuck on his own importance to think about something as mundane as the patient!
default_no.gif
The nurses didn't call him Hot Flash for nothing!! I was so glad that he wasn't my surgeon, & I didn't have to have follow up appointments with him!!) Inhaling at the wrong moment will earn you new chest tubes, and they are much less fun than the initial ones! (The resident who removed my second set did warn me, thank you very much--I'd already learned something from the first time & didn't need warning the next time!!
default_wacko.png

Anyway, all the best to you Jill, I'll be waiting to see an update from someone on here, even if you don't feel up to using your laptop for awhile.

Jill, please know your in our thoughts and prayers for an easy surgery and quick recovery!

Leya

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'll light a candle for you. ((((HUGS))))

Have a safe trip, a few days bed rest
default_wink.png
and we"ll see you back here in no time.

Thinking of you tomorrow.

Danna

Jill we are all thinking of and praying for you. This will all be overwith before you know it!!!! Try to get a good nights sleep. Your Doctors know what they are doing and you are in good hands for sure!! Enjoy your few days off from "Barn duty", because it won't be long before you are out there slaving away again!!
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Hey Jill,

I hope you know that we will be thinking of you tomorrow . You keep up the positive attitude, I know things will be just fine. If there is ANYTHING at all we can do for you or "H" , please let us know. Lots of love to you .

Linda

default_wub.png
Good Vibes-thoughts and prayers going up that way to you Jill. Sounds like you have good docs and that sure helps. Remember to follow doctor orders after even though you THINK your feeling pretty darn skippy you can sure nosedive quick...lotsa rest for a week...no cooking...no cleaning...REST and let family do for U...K?

Sending good thoughts your way Jill! I hope you're feeling well post-op and already enjoying some hospital jell-o.

Prayers and Light are with you........You are sounding positive. This is good.........Blessings.

Been thinking about you all day Jill. Its. Something after 6PM and I just had such a strong vision of you sitting up in the bed a little. I know to well what it is like coming out of anesthesia. Hoping your post op recovery went well and you are not in pain. I am sure they have some of those pain meds in that IV. Prayers that you just bounce right back in a day or so and you are feeling much better. Also sending prayers that it isn't to hard on you getting used to the changes. Your such a strong person I know you will do well.

God bless and looking forward to seeing you back on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been thinking of you today, sending my best...relax and heal now.

Jill, I feel so bad I havent been on the forum so am just now hearing of this.

I am glad they found it early and I am sending prayers for your safe , speedy recovery.

Missy

Latest posts

Back