Living With Cancer (LONG)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I admire you - and wish you the best {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}, well wishing and prayers are all I have to give you -- may they ease your pain even just a little.

JJay

First of all dear, never say I'm sorry! (You said it at the end of rour post) You have no reason to be sorry, we're a family on here nad the Back porsh is where to come with it..we all are with you and wishing you well..stay strong and as they say, "Keep on keepin' on"

Maxine

Wow, what a bunch of insensitive nincompoops!

Perhaps you should have an educational meeting with some of your friends and/or co workers and educate them in what these medications do to a person. Both my parents battled cancer - my Dad several times with lymphoma and they were exhausted and not themselves for a while. They fought to keep going. I have had a few friends at work diagnosed over the years with various forms of it as well. It sounds like you are a fighter too.

Any way you can just send out a memo ? to your group and perhaps approach it in the way of this- you apologize for not being yourself lately, and just wanted to give them all an update- due to the tumor, the treatment you have undergone has many side effects, and list them!!! Let them know of the limitations you are under. Then let them know you are waiting to hear how new tests come out and if further treatment is needed and then thank them for their support- even if they havent given you any!!

I can almost guarantee that you may either become quite an educator to those who were not aware of things and have more questions to answer, but, it may also stop a lot of the things they are expecting of you that you cannot do right now!!! And MAYBE a couple of them might even feel guilty for being so rude and insensitive!!! Good grief!! At least they may realize what is going on and understand the situation more.

I would just use the blanket 'memo' or note to all your friends with the excuse that you did it that way to avoid having to repeat yourself to so many 'caring friends and aquaintences'!!!!

Hang in there and dont give up!! You are obviously a strong person to be even working like that through this and continuing to go on with your life as normally as you can right now!

Bless you, and you have friends here who will always listen!! Keep your chin up, but remember that some folks, no matter what you try to do, are just not going to get it!

Hey, you're ENTITLED to a "pity party" once in a while!
default_yes.gif
We all need to vent sometimes, and you sure have reason to need to vent.

My Dad has inoperable brain cancer, and the treatments have basically eradicated it. Actually shocked the doctors no end, as they were predicting he had six months or less to live, at first, and it's been years now.
default_smile.png
Don't ever give up hope, and when you feel the need to vent, we're here to listen and offer a shoulder. You'll beat this!
default_yes.gif

Back