Learning to drive

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New mini

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and this is my first post. Now that i am getting older I have drcided to take driving lessons. I have found a fram by me that has Morgans and a Wels Cob. I would assume that learning to drive these horses would be the same as driving a Mini. I can not find a farm near me that has Mini driving that I am comfortable with. I live in NE Ohio. Also does anyone know of a Mini Farm in my area that would sell a well broke driving Mini. I am not ready to purchase yet just trying to get ideas and see what is around me. I could not find these either I have been reading this forum and learning a lot. Finally got to see the pictures of the new foal and I am in love.

Check on the LB Main page, they have lists of breeders from around the country and you will likely find one near you. Also the Classified section on this site will be of great help to you. Happy driving!

Welcome to the forum!!! I downsized to minis myself after having "big" horses since 1960, and just love driving! I do lots of other things with them too, if you want to check out our website. I took driving lessons from Morgan horse trainers so your neighbors might be able to help you. The size of the horse has less to do with picking a trainer than matching your goals and general training styles. I suggested in another thread to check out the American Driving Society for local driving clubs to see if someone can help. In our area, most of the new club members own minis. As I say on our website (see general info), it is very easy to fall in love with the first mini you see, so it is best to get a good idea of what you want before you get too far in your shopping.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I have checked out the local club and that is where I learned of the one person a half hour away from me that teaches driving. I have also checked out some of the lead listings on this site and most are over 2 hours from me. When I get ready to buy I will not mind driving that far but to go just to look it is a long way especially when you really do not know the farm and what they are really offering. Guess I will just have to do a lot of emailing and telephone work.

Thanks for the help so far.

Hi, I also live in NE ohio but on the west side of Cleveland. We are having an open mini show this Sunday in Wellington Ohio.

It will be a good option for you to meet people...from serious AMHR exhibitors to backyard and 4-H youth. The Fairgrounds are on Rt 18 just west of Rt 58. We will have a couple of driving classes to watch.

I have friend in Kentucky that has well broke minis for sale that I could put you in touch with.

Feel free to contact me privately [email protected]

Latest posts

Back