LeapFish.com

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTailsMinis

Reaction score
Hi - - just curious - I got a phone call last week on my cell - which means they were on my website apparently. Do you know anything about LeapFish.com?

They referenced some pretty big name farms as their clients. I didn't give my undivided attention as I was at work but gather they "sell search words". He quoted prices from $120 to 20,000 dollars per keyword ........ like someone would pay 20K for a keyword????

I never commit to anything over the phone without doing my research first - but since he actually "named names" of people and farms - figured I'd throw it out here and see if you have any knowledge or in fact use these people?

While LeapFish.com may be legit - - how does one verify that the person claiming to represent them is in fact them? There are so many scams out there these days.

Thanks much - interested to see the feedback

Funny you should ask.

A friend of mine got pulled into that one. First she said yes, then after 5 hours she changed her mind and called and told them no. They threatened her with a lawsuite if she backed out. Never sent her what they said they were going to do, lied to her the whole time.

She finally contacted her charge card and protested the bill as well as sent a letter to the Attorney General.

Think about it. Have you ever heard of Leapfish? What are the top search engines? Yahoo, Google and MSN. The figures that Leapfish are giving you are with Google not them. That is because they bring up Google searches on their pages when one searches on Leapfish, but if one searches Google, one does not get Leapfish.

In order for your ad to be seen, one would have to get on leapfish to search. Have you ever seen Leapfish advertised? Do you know anyone who searches on Leapfish? Have you ever heard of Dogpile search engine? Used to be fairly well known several years ago, but not now.

I told my friend not to waste her money, and I will tell you the same thing.

My bet is that this company used to be another company that sold ads on the right side of the Google Search. (sounds so much like them) They catch you with a ,"It is only $70 per month for as many hits as you can get", you will be number one on the search". Then when they have you, the next month they charge you twice that because the hits where double what they expected. Then you see that the hits that month were very low, but they now have twice your money for that month., and try to continue to charge you the higher rate. CROOKS!!!!!!!

If you look on line for information about them, there are some negative responses.

Sometimes all it takes is a bit of common sence. If you have never heard of them as a search engine. It is a good bet that no one else has either. So then, who is getting on their search engine to search for Miniature Horses and find your ad?

Last edited by a moderator:
They have been contacting me as well, I asked some questions the first time around, but is really sounded fishy to me, so I passed. They've called me a few times since then, different people and I finally told them to take me off the calling list. I do think it's a compliment that I have a good website though, haha!
default_wink.png

We got a sales call from them a few weeks ago! Since I'd never heard of them, I gave them a quick decline. Glad I did! They only called the one time, as far as I know.

They called us too a few weeks ago

I just told them we had no $ in our budget for advertising

maybe in a few years

Sounded Fishy

By the way they are using larger farms name dropping

they are considering signing up with them

Loess Hills was one they told me.

And they told me a 1 x charge

but to me again who are they

you can apply to the big search engines for free

no strings attached

They called me too. After about half hour I finally hung up. They had me going all over the web. Shows that Martha Hickman, ERL, "owns" the first rights to "Miniature horses". That's all well and good if you are searching on Leapfish.

My deal is that I could buy the first word and then they would give me one!! W hoo Hoo - only about $2,000. Plus $150 a year.

I passed also.

I passed also and ended up hanging up on them. I DO NOT like to be solicited on the phone anyway AND I have MAJOR trust issues so.......................no way, no how. Never heard of Leapfish before that day anyway. They threw out Little America to me.

Yes, they have called me too and mentioned other farms, big names and so forth. My question to her was how could we all be NUMBER 1 listed?

She had an answer for it but it referred to a sublisting is what is sounded like, not THE placing she indicated when she first starting talking abou it. I declined as well. They were persistant though as were disconnected the first time she called. They have "unknown" as listed for a phone number, that in itself is suspicious.

B

You can buy your own "keywords" on google. Its called adwords. Depending on what you bid for the top words it can be very expsensive. I was doing a website for a deer farm and he bought some and I have to say it is very effective for getting hits to your site but it cost him on average about 200.00 per month for about 10 keywords. For example if you put "miniature horses" into google search and look on the right hand side you will see an ad for a miniature horse farm. That is because they had the top bid on the keyword "miniature horse"

But I have always said the cheapest most effective thing to do is be sure you use keywords all through out your website
default_smile.png

Kay

Thanks everyone - sounds like they are going down the list and contacting everyone. Funny they mentioned specifically "miniature horses and breeders" and yes, they did rattle off some big name farms.

I had a voicemail on my phone yesterday from the same man (I had already told him no) - pitching a 10 min sale to my voicemail. LOL Funny thing is he repeated that it's a one time charge and no monthly fees - - doesn't even sound right does it? LOL

Thanks for all the personal stories and advice - I'm definitely passing on this one!

I've heard from them twice now, most recently a week or so ago. I listened to the entire spiel the first time and declined, just that little inner voice saying not a good idea (and the $$$). The woman who called recently argued with me - that's a no no as far as I'm concerned. If I've said no, give it up lol.

Jan

I had to laugh as I read this thread.
default_laugh.png

You lucky people!

Our farm is so small, so unrecognized, so unimportant that we didn't even get a call. BooHoo.
default_biggrin.png

Even if this is some sort of scam, at least you were recognized!!!!!
default_wink.png

My friend (JMS Miniatures) was called today too. They kept her on the phone for over and hour on what from my end sounded like an interview. They also mentioned ERL and that they paid $20,000 for "Miniature Horse's" After she told them call me back later so I can think about it, they argued with her saying "whats to think about, its a heck of a deal, and one time only, and so affordable and you will get tons of hits, blah blah blah" I am still waiting on mine so I can argue lol.

I told her I had seen it on here and most thought it was a scam. It sounded too wierd to be true, as I told her, how can we all be #1 on the list?

default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

I've heard from them twice now, most recently a week or so ago. I listened to the entire spiel the first time and declined, just that little inner voice saying not a good idea (and the $$$). The woman who called recently argued with me - that's a no no as far as I'm concerned. If I've said no, give it up lol. Jan
Exactly the same thing here, Jan. I listened to the whole thing the first time (about 30 minutes!),
default_new_shocked.gif
and when he started talking price, he lost my attention real fast.
default_rolleyes.gif
A woman called again a week or two ago and I told her no as well.

Back