lady

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still praying that she is getting better
default_pray.gif

She would still be asleep as she is a few hrs behind me. I asked her to msg me with any news so no news is good news I'm hoping. Jenny said last night that the vet could hear gas sounds which is good no sand as far as they could tell... Vet wanted to do surgery Jenny said no lady is still at Jennys house at the moment!

Hoping she has improved this morning for you Jenny!!!

lady is all better iam so happy...after yesterday i didnt think she would make it I even think the vet thought the same

but she very oily in the back end and she eating her breakfast so iam very relieved....ive had 6 down with colic in the last

3 wks so i dont know whats going on....thank you everyone for your prays it must of helped....and i know i can count on you lovely

ladys even if i havent been on LB in awhile ...so thank you all for careing.....

Praying for all your babies! Hope nobody else gets sick and Lady stays well!

Yay I'm so happy for you Jenny!!

That's crazy that you have had so much colic!! Could there be a virus or something have you changed their feed?? Maybe put them all on some rice bran oil? I hope you get no more issues with your kiddies!!

yep have them on some wet bran. and oil ...the only thing i can think off is i change feed shops for my chaff

will take some photos asap but ladys not looking the best at the moment but will take some photos for you all

thanks everyone..

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, can you look at the bags from the different suppliers and see if they have anything different in their chaff??

I agree with Diane, it has to be something that is causing all of them to get it!

so strange!!

would love to see piccies please of all your babies! are they getting fluffy ready for winter yet?

my kids are all fluff balls! except for Penny, Im guessing she is lol missing her very much!

hope this is the end of your colic episodes!

well i feed..... horse and weanling pellets ,carrots,weaton chaff,and some hay.

the only thing i have changed is feed shops

yeah I'm wondering if maybe the new feed shop has a different brand or supplier and the feed is slightly different?

thats the only thing I can think of that could be causing it what do you think Diane?

thanks Renee, it just seems so weird. I would be checking anything out at the moment if I were you Jenny, not meaning to be harsh, we have seen your two babies grow up we don't want anything to happen to them
default_sad.png

When Shimmer had her colic she had to go the veterinary hospital as she was just not well and as she was so small the vet really couldnt put a hand in her. So she went to the hospital where she was treated like a star.

This was the end of October and when I quizzed him about a cause he said that with the change in temps and grass at that time of yr their Colic cases go through the roof. So I know you are in your Autumn now so maybe it could also be a factor.

I would maybe start to add some pro biotic into their feed. I find it does help keep the gut flora nice and healthy. Not saying it will prevent a colic but it wont do any harm.

Glad to hear that Lady is better Jenny, but I agree with the others in that something must be causing them to colic - didn't you also have a bout of colic in your minis a while ago (end of last year or thereabouts?)

Are they getting plenty of grass or at least moist food - perhaps cut out the chaff and feed more hay if you have good quality leafy hay available, young foals often do not cope too well with chaff. I agree a pro bio wouldn't hurt and could well help, so worth a try. But perhaps you could give us the actual amounts that you are feeding each horse, particularly those that have coliced in the past, so we can make some more suggestions to help you?

And some new pics when you have time would be great!
default_yes.gif

Did you ask your vet about the carafate? I found that it has worked really well with Finn, and have some on me all the time.

would love to see some more piccies please Jenny
default_smile.png

had a really big day today got to go to work tomorow but promise will take some photo asap

Latest posts

Back