lady

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry Jenny! Prayers for you and your baby!

hi,,well lady is good she,s eating her breky.and has a very oily bum..but cant see much poo around just oil.

she isn't out of the woods until she starts pooping so as Diane said just keep a close eye on her

Oh Jenny I am so sorry your gorgeous girl is sick!!

Finn had the oily bum first and then the poops started and then he had more oily bum as it finished coming through, he did heaps of little farts before the poops started... I'm hoping she has started pooping for you! there is nothing worse then your little baby being sick! I really hope she gets over this for you! try and get some carafate from you vet... it won't hurt her to have it, I gave to Finn morning and night for a month after and he has never looked back :D if I see him looking a little colicy I just start giving it to him again and it helps sort him out :D

I mix it with the red cordial and he takes it really well. if they ask who suggested carafate say a friend who is a vet nurse
default_smile.png
(they don't need to know that I am a small animal vet nurse hee hee )

please keep us updated!

Hope Lady is better! And of course we would love a picture or two
default_yes.gif

Thanks renee, yes and is a really good for keeping things moving through, we give it to the dogs at the vets all the time, and my vet recommended it for Finn. I have some in our house all the time now! it clears him up really good after a few days!!

glad to hear she is doing so much better!

Hi, i need some prays lady has really bad colic,,,vet said she has a 50/50 chance of surviving

she not awell little girl,,,,

Oh Jenny, I'm so sorry. Will be adding her to my prayers and really hoping she recovers.

((((HUGS)))) for you too.

Oh Jenny I am so sorry. Of course I will pray for you and Lady

poor little Lady! what do they think has caused it?

praying for and your little Lady!

wow, this is her 2nd lot isn't it...
default_sad.png
is she in at the vets? on fluids? have they done ultrasounds or xrays yet??

would love some more info if you have time to let us know??

get better Lady!

thanks everyone ...ok she was drench at about 9 this morning vet was out a about 1pm as that wasthe only time she could get there walked for all the time with lady falling to the ground and having to pick her up...vet gave her electrilights and morphine and phinadine and three other injections ..she has stopped rolling but no oil has come out and shes not eating,,,i dont think shes gonna make it iam so upset.....oh when she did fall to the ground she would want to lay on her back...which i stop straight away

Last edited by a moderator:
DONT GIVE UP!!!!

I know exactly how you feel Jenny!!! but I know she will fight so hard for you!! so keep faith in her and in God!

is she on fluids? have they worked out what it is?

I would ask if she can be put into the vets overnight if she isn't already! I know its expensive but well worth it!!

my little Finn wouldn't have made it otherwise!

thinking of you all!

xo

the fact that she has stopped rolling is good... how long since she got the oil? Finn took about 2 hours with his second lot. the first lot they didn't drench him.

might send you a text.

If she wants to lay on her back it could be ulcers, try mentioning it to you vet. Come on Lady
default_pray.gif

When Shimmer had a gas colic she would lie down and roll onto her back and rest that way I think they get some sort of relief from it. She had stopped all the excessive rolling as she had been oiled and pain meds but she was still really uncomfortable so she would have fits of lying down on her back with her four legs just resting back on her and she seemed quiet comfy. She looked just like when you see a dog sleeping on their back.

Hope your filly is doing ok.

Latest posts

Back