Kidney failure in my mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SENDING TWO HUMAN PRAYERS AND EIGHT HORSEY PRAYERS FROM LAZY K RANCH!

MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR GIVING YOU SO MUCH CARE INTO HIS LITTLE ONE, FOR WE ARE THE ONES WHO ARE TO TEND TO HIS ANIMALS. 

Positive thoughts here too! *fingers crossed*

I'm checking on her too. Oh, please let her be ok?
default_please.gif

Thanks everyone - it is driving my nuts to not have the test results yet, but all the vets are "in a meeting" today, so I probably won't hear anything until much later or maybe even tomorrow. Until then, we will keep doing what we are doing and cross our fingers for a good outcome - I guess the good news is that she is still with us, and doesn't seem any worse than she was when I brought her home - again "the numbers" will be the key.

I will let you all know what I find out, as soon as I hear back. I really, reallly, realllllly appreciate all of your support.

Stacy

Saying a prayer for good numbers. Am so glad to hear that she is acting ok - that's a good thing.

Barbie

Hi Folks

Well "the numbers" are back and while not dramatically better, they are at least not any worse - which means that she is holding her own. Her creatinine is still at 3.6 and should be under 2 - that is a concern. Her B.U.N. was at 92 when she left the clinic last Friday and it is now 85 - should be under 30 - so heading in the right directly albeit slowwwwlllllly. The key is to keep her eating & drinking & hope that her kidneys can keep up. Of course, we will keep on doing what we are doing and having little talks with her every night about hanging in there -

Thanks a bunch everyone,

Stacy

Well that is FABULOUS news!!! Sonata, you go girl!!! :D :D

Stacy~My thoughts and prayers are with you. Sonata obviously has the heart from her momma!! That mare has sooo much heart it is unreal. I know what they both mean to you. Lots of hugs to you and Sonata!!

Good news Stacy!!! I too say Sonata - you go girl!!!!!

Keep us posted - hoping for continued good updates.

Barbie

Popped in to check on you and Sonata, Stac.

Wish she could whiz along a bit faster but slow is good, too.

Keeping you in my thoughts. N

Last edited by a moderator:
She's a strong girl and she's trying! Give her a hug for me!

Back