Kidney failure in my mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All

Sonata is home and happy to be here. I am giving her the most that I can, but I fear that her time with us is short - her attitude is good and she is bright, but I can tell that she is beginning to go off again - her appetite is diminished. We shall see what the weekend brings - my heart is breaking, but at least I know that she is pain free and that she is surrounded by her friends, her baby and those of us who love her.

Thank you again for all your prayers - keep them comming - miracles DO happen.

Stacy

Sending Light, Stac........Lots of Healing "stuff".......

Stacy,

You and Sonata are constantly in my heart and mind, and I so hope she proves all the vets wrong and pulls through. She is a lucky girl to have had the wonderful fortune to have such a loving human mom.

Take care,

susanne

Hugs and prayers for you and Sonata. So glad she is home where she belongs.

Barbie

Have been thinking of you and Sonata, glad to see an update and know she is home with you. Sending continued hopes and prayers....

Jan

Stacy, Im sorry to read what poor little Sonata has been going through. Its so heartbreaking when our kids arent well. I know you are doing all thats possible for her and Im glad she is now home with her buddies. I hope she is doing better this weekend and you both will be in my prayers

heidi

Hi All

Sonata seems content - she grazes outside and seems active & bright - interacting with her filly who is being weaned, so there is a lot of calling back & forth. We take it one day at a time & pray for the best. I do not believe she is in any sort of pain - darn those "numbers" - I sure hope she is able to fight this!

Thanks for all your support - keep those prayers coming and maybe, just maybe we will beat this thing!

Stacy

Stacy,

I am so happy to hear she is still doing well!!
default_smile.png

She is still in my prayers!

Susan O.

Stacy-

Hoping Sonata is still comfortable and is going to defy the odds. I sure hope she kicks this - miracles do happen sometimes. Prayers coming your way.

Barbie

Hi Barbie & All

Sonata is still with us - she seems happiest outside where she can mosey around and eat grass, so we give her as much time out as possible. In her stall she will "kind of" eat her grain and she picks at her hay, so that isn't too good. She still seems bright & interested and is vocal and active - not as "full on" as I would like, but then she has been (and may still be) very, very sick, so I am not terribly surprised that her energy and endurance aren't at their peak. I just don't really know if she will turn around and head down the path of being "well", or if she will tip the scales with toxins building up. Tomorrow the vet is due out so I will have her pull blood to check her "numbers" and see where we are compared to when I took her home last week -- think positive thoughts!

Stacy

Postive thoughts and prayers for Sonata. Hoping for a good update after the vet is there.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back