Jerald easy entry cart ???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace67

Reaction score
Does anyone own a Jerald easy entry cart and if so how do you like it? Can I get flatless tires for it easily? Any other pros/cons with it? Any input appreciated, thanks!

I've had mine for 10 years. I have the original wheels, but my sister got solid wheels for hers. You need an adaptor for the solid wheels but that is not a problem.

I did get one of the floor boards broken, but Jerald sent me a new one and it matched perfectly.

I've used it for shows several times, and many parades.

I like it because I can take another adult, or two children with me on drives. I've used it with 28 3/4" up to 36" horse.

I do not know any cons against it; I've been happy with it.

I have a Jerald Easy Entry cart. It came with my little horse who is 10 years old. I'm guessing that the cart is definitely 6 or more years old. It works great. I may have to have the vinyl on the back redone since there is a tear in it but I just drive around my neighborhood so I haven't bee bothered. Maybe I'll just make a fitted cloth with velcro cover and use it that way.

You are supposed to be able to buy no flats for this cart at Northern Tool, I think. I'll have to see if I can find that link. My horse is 31 1/2 inches tall and he pull it just fine.

You'd have to check on the size, but we bought the NoMorFlats inner tubes at WalMart (as much as I hate to admit it...).

You'd have to check on the size, but we bought the NoMorFlats inner tubes at WalMart (as much as I hate to admit it...).
We buy the heavy duty inner tubes for my carts at Walmart also; they are made by Slime and are the best bicycle tubes you can buy. This is according to my mountain bike son. The only way to make a tire flat-proof is to buy solid wheels, or some of the bicycle products that harden in the tube.

My sister got the solid wheels. The ride is a little harsher and the going is harder in soft surface, but otherwise she loves them. Her horse is 32" but manages the extra weight fine as he is a stallion. It is simple to put them on her Jerald; the metal ez carts are more complicated. She is a widow, and likes not having to worry about getting a flat. My husband luckily takes care of my tires; if I were alone I'd seriously consider the solid wheels.

The reason she got the solid wheels is, a big horse had a bucking fit where she boards. I was standing 5 feet away when he came down with all his enraged might on her innocent cart standing by her barn. The wheels collapsed like balloons, but the cart itself was unharmed!

You can get solid tire inserts from Fairview Country Sales in Millersburg, OH. 16: or 20" list fro 17.00 and 24" of 26" list for 22.50. These are inserts they sell with their carts. Prices are from a 2011 catalog, so current prices may be different, but call them and ask. No website, but they do have a phone, 330-359-1501.

Thanks everyone for the responses and helpful information. I was able to order a new Jerald runabout cart today and got 10% off with the special they're running right now. Looking forward to getting my new cart in the new year and finally beginning my driving journey!

Thanks everyone for the responses and helpful information. I was able to order a new Jerald runabout cart today and got 10% off with the special they're running right now. Looking forward to getting my new cart in the new year and finally beginning my driving journey!
Congratulations! Keep us informed, please!

Back