It's over, phew!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Yesterday was the day of the colonoscopy. Monday was the prep day. Ok, so I started around 2:30 taking the pills and drinking the stuff. No food for the entire day, just liquids. So I'm drinking, and drinking and lots is going in.....nothing coming out. Dinner comes and goes. I make a stuffed pork loin for hubby (gosh but did it ever smell good). Then, about 7:30 stomach (or probably something a tad lower) starts rumbling. And I start going....and going....and going. Honestly, I felt like the energizer bunny. Sometimes I'd go, walk toward the bathroom door and have to turn back around and go again. I couldn't even make it out of the bathroom! I probably stopped going around 1:00 or 1:30 in the morning. I couldn't sleep as things were still churning. Got out of bed around 5:00 and went again. And again when I reached the hospital at 7:00 am. LOL

So the first thing they do is have you get naked and put on this paper thin gown. Room temperature must have been 60 degrees. Hubby laid my clothes over me like a blanket I was so cold.

They take me to the operating room where they stick a large square sticky thing on my back to monitor my heart. They MUST have taken that out of the freezer because that darn thing was really, really cold.

Doctor comes in to say hello and I remind him to take a real good look because I am not ever doing this again. I mean, come on.......

Finally the anesthiestist comes in and gives me the "knock me out" stuff. I remember feeling a real nice buzz and then it was done. They ripped off the heart monitor thing (along with the top layer of my skin I am sure) and sent me up to my room.

The results? I'm normal. I kept telling my husband I'm normal but he simply refused to believe that!! Of course, I got the talk about drinking more fluid and eating more fruits and veggies (like that's going to happen.....NOT).

Hubby says I'll do it again in ten years because I'll forget how yucky the prep was. I don't think so. I tend to remember stuff like this. LOL

But I did get to lay around and nap most of the day yesterday once I got home although I had a heck of a time getting warm. I laid on the sofa with about 4 blankets on me. Then I got up and made a nice dinner, which I didn't eat because my stomach was still a little iffy.

Of course, I'll never be able to drink gaterade again.

I'm glad it went well (errr...well as well as one can hope at least) for you and there are no obvious problems. Our hospital here always gives patients a nice warmed blanket to cuddle up in. They must know we all feel cold once we change from our street clothes.

Oh dear, sounds like a miserable test and they sure don't do much to make the patient comfortable!! They could have wrapped you in a warm blanket at the very minimum! This is probably why I cancelled my appointment years ago, LOL! I'm sure when I turn 50 they will force me into having it done..... Yuck!! I'm so glad that your results were normal. That's terrific news!

Matt, keep reminding me of that--mine is scheduled for Feb 18th. I have mine done every 5 years since I'm a past cancer patient and on the first exam they found 5 polyps. Not looking forward to this. Will be taking a nice book to the "THRONE ROOM" and more than likely be able to finish it before I leave. Prep work is a "PAIN IN THE BACK SIDE" (no pun intended) but the procedure is little of nothing as long as they have you under far enough.

Latest posts

Back