Its almost that time again

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple Hollow Farm

Reaction score
Just wondering when we will start seeing lots of foal posts
default_rolleyes.gif
I cant wait for foaling season and need a foal fix to help me last. Our first mares are due for their 335 days on April 4th but the one mare has been known to go 30 days early and the other is a maiden so could end up with a foal in March. We will have mares foaling through June. When are all of yours due?

Our mares and their 335 due dates:

LBFs Gorgeous--April 4--Has gone up to 30 days early before

Maple Hollows Phlash Of Fireworks--April 4--Maiden

Cherokee Rose Miss Never Miss--April 9

Blue Diamond Dream Catcher JS--April 11

BPF The Divine Major Brewers Miss Em--April 14

Raygold Ramakers Sabrinia--April 18

Kaycee Freckles Playgirl--April 18

Kaycee Babs--April 18

Timberviews Buttons and Bows--April 20

Hobbit Hills Shes All That--April 21

Mars Rosebud--April 23

Ramakers Hallies Angel--April 26

Maple Hollows Bodacious Babe--April 26

Lakeviews Diamond Gal--May 3

Maple Hollows Midnite Surprise--May 3

Lucky Four Blue Chip Electra--May 8

Fallen Ash Scouts Blackeyed Susan--May 10

Rojan Farms Sweet Supreme Spring--May 11

Kaycee Strawberry Wine--May 15

Lakeview Farms Chloe--May 29

Dusty Lane Commanders Red Bird--June 3

Knutson Apaches Preshush Belle--June 8

Jandts Pom Pom Chickadee--June 8

Maple Hollows Blue Lite Special--June 9--maiden

Magic Mans Lollipop--June 9

Naomi of KHA--June 11--if she is in foal, hasnt been checked and dont have her home yet
default_biggrin.png
--maiden

Little Kings Frosty Fawn was pasture bred and due anywhere from March through September.

Baybe - pasture bred - with stallion May til late summer - 2011 foal born May 25 - so I would guess no earlier than April for 2012 (unless she goes early.

Showy - late May

Honey - pasture bred - July til late fall - so June til Sept due date

Misty, Bonny and Tana - early July

[i don't feel like looking up more specific dates.]

Odette is due May 25

Britt is due June 23

I am getting excited already cos I can feel the foals moving
aktion033.gif
these last few months go so slowly
no.gif

Well....

made in america is due late feb,she is already bagging

Chessie is due march-april

Everyone else was pasture bred..soooo??? Sept...oct

Of course everyone needs pictures of these new lil ones when they arrive!

My Mare Jet is due any day to....

Lotsafuns Truly Flamboyant ... cant wait..
yes.gif

And i have 2 maybe 3 mares due to my lovely boy Midas about May/ June, so some really nice foals. Good luck everybody..

My first mare due is an outside mare-her 330 day due date is April 1st, but she is an older mare and is so big and miserable already, I am expecting a March foal. She has produced 3 really loud leopards by appaloosa stallions previously, and is in foal to my bay near leopard, so I am hoping for a lot of color.

Then I have these mares all due in April:

Mars Vonnie x Star Struck Phantom, for a repeat of the stunning bay pinto filly, Pippa, in my avatar.

O Henrys Shasta Daisy x WC Im 2 Cool 2 Dance, for a repeat of their medicine hat filly, War Bonnet

O Henrys Victorias Secret x Toyland Penny Cloud, for a repeat if their black leopard colt, Fanta

O Henrys High V x O Henrys Viking, maiden mare-one of my most anticipated foals. Going to have a gorgeous head

O Henrys Vanity Fair x O Henrys Viking, a repeated cross that produced a beautiful filly I had planned to keep but lost last year.

Mars Chiantis Lady x Preacher, crossing my fingers for a tiny few spot!

O Henrys Top Secret x Phantom, maiden daughter of 2 Cool. This one is going to have a neck a mile long

And that should be it-might be missing one or two. A few more than I had really wanted, but all should be really excellent and show quality. If they're all fillies, I will gladly keep them all
default_smile.png

Can't wait for the foaling to begin!

It's hard to believe foaling season is almost here. Our first mare is due March 8th, Westwind Gold N Toy Echo Melody, our heavily Buckeroo/GMB bred, maiden mare. She is in foal to Blue Stars Hotrod Harley. I am hoping the filly fairy will remember her way back here this year
default_laugh.png

Wishing everyone a safe and successful foaling season!

Last edited by a moderator:
So exciting. I won Crystal N Velvet at the D'Armond auction. She is due in June. My very first foal and I'm so excited and reading everything I can get my hands on. The foal will become part of the family and stay on our farm. Can't wait!!!!
laugh.gif

Next week? Daniela is bagging right along and if she follows the usual pattern we should have a lovely little Star Skipper baby very soon. Of course, being an under 28" maiden we will have to see if she does this her own way.
default_smile.png

This foal will be another of those 'show stopper' cross of Skipper on Cowboy daughters.

You guys are making me so jealous! The economy is so bad here I didn't breed for any foals this year or had any last year. I'm so looking forward to cheering you all on though, and can't wait for my foal fixes by staring at your pictures, and hearing of all your experiences.
default_saludando.gif
default_aktion033.gif

We are only expecting 1 foal this year. We didn't have any last year

RF Bars Warrior Princess X Triple K Boogies Bow Tie

Same combination that gave us our Perlino mare Spice in 08'

getting so anxious she is due end April- Beginning of May

Excitement of foaling season is started wishing everyone a happy and healthy foaling season

I hope this doesn't jinx us...

We have 3 mares bred for 2012, which could be our last season, depending on how it goes.

The dates are based on 330 days gestation but I just read a wonderful piece on foaling on Stars website that suggests using 320 days instead.

http://www.starsminiatures.com/foalarticle.html

All are bred to SRF Buckshot: you can see everyone on our website or on the "Pintos!" thread on the photo/video forum.

Toffee due April 2

Mira due April 22

Sox due May 2

They will be on Mare Stare if they cooperate and don't make us move the camera around too much!

I have two that may be pregnant both were pastured with my AMHR 32.50" bay tobiano stallion.....

"Missy" is our 2005 palomino tobiano and splash one blue eyed mare this cross will repeat a 2010 sorrel tobiano/splash blue eyed filly and 2011 sorrel tobiano colt hoping for another blue eyed filly as we lost the other to a red bag...

"Allula" is our 2008 black tobiano and splash blue eyed mare this is her second foal, first was lost to unexpected delivery as a maiden with no bagging and foaling symptoms. I am still 50/50 on this girl as she doesn't look pregnant but then again she didn't last year.

Hopefully if they are pregnant we will have safe deliveries and healthy foals. If they foal, fillies will be kept and colts sold like this year as we had two nice colts. We won't be breeding until 2013 or 2014 once our new stallion is breeding ready, and these 2012 foals will be the last from our current stallion who will become our show gelding.

Good luck everyone!

My first foal of 2012 was born on January 5th and I'm in PA. The mare is 8 years old and this was her first. I tried getting her bred for 4 years but it just never happened. Last winter I thought I would just leave her in with the stallion for company. What I got was a half faced medicine hat filly!
default_aktion033.gif
One side of her face is dark and on the other side she looks like a medicine hat with black eye liner. Two crystal blue eyes!!! I will post a pic if I can figure out how. Her sire is a black/white splash pinto FWF Little Wardance grandson. 016.JPG

Gracie and I hope to have better luck this year with mini foals. We are expecting 6. With three mares at 340 days April 25th, 26th and 28th. Then we have two more due in May and one last one due June 1st. The foals are by our stallion. He is a 30.5" homozygous bay tobiano and has two blue eyes. This will be his actual first foal crop since we lost the two we were expecting last year by him.

My first foal of 2012 was born on January 5th and I'm in PA. The mare is 8 years old and this was her first. I tried getting her bred for 4 years but it just never happened. Last winter I thought I would just leave her in with the stallion for company. What I got was a half faced medicine hat filly!
default_aktion033.gif
One side of her face is dark and on the other side she looks like a medicine hat with black eye liner. Two crystal blue eyes!!! I will post a pic if I can figure out how. Her sire is a black/white splash pinto FWF Little Wardance grandson. View attachment 5880
She is ADORABLE and looks to be quite prepared for winter
biggrin.gif

"Seq" was bred 2 cycles, so could be due NOW or late February...I'm thinking late February, since she isn't ready yet. She is a bay bred to a bay pinto.

"Wild" was pasture bred and looks to be due late March...and looks it! She is a bay bred to a minimal palomino pinto.

"Kiss" was pasture bred from June thru August and I have not had her tested and right now does not look preggers to me. She is a sorrel bred to a minimal palomino pinto (different stallion than above).

Melinda, did I count right? 27 foals???
default_new_shocked.gif
My God, woman, you are going to be freakin' exhausted!!
default_laugh.png
I don't know how you do it. I had 8 one year and it about killed me!
default_biggrin.png

I'm praying I only have one coming, but I'm starting to fear I may have two.
default_no.gif
The planned one is Raven x Little Kings Black Velvet. She'll be at 310 days on 3/15. Being a maiden we don't know when she'll really foal so we'll rely on bag development, other signs and the wonders of MareStare!

The unplanned one may be Butter x Who's Your Daddy! God, I hope not. I had the vet do a blood test in late November and it said negative, but I swear she looks it and acts it. If she is, it's going to be a nightmare as she's the one that had the horrible dystocia last year and I have NO FREAKIN' idea who the sire is. It had to have happened either a) through the fence or b) one time when they did get out and I gave every single mare Lutalyse and it musn't have worked on her. Please pray that she's not pregnant.
default_no.gif
We're redoing the blood test in two weeks.

My first mare due is at 271 days today, so not too much longer. Around 5 more coming after that. Really looking forward to this years foals. Colorful ones by Redrock Magic Maker and the first ones for Lucky Four Santa Fe So Impressive. Can't wait for them to get here!

My first is due April 20th (330 days) followed by two mares due May 6th and May 7th (330 days).. I have a fourth mare that was bred but I do not think she's in foal, but she would be due May 20th.

Wow looks like there are going to be some exciting foal announcements this spring!!!!

default_aktion033.gif
One side of her face is dark and on the other side she looks like a medicine hat with black eye liner. Two crystal blue eyes!!! I will post a pic if I can figure out how. Her sire is a black/white splash pinto FWF Little Wardance grandson. View attachment 5880
Congrats, she is absolutely gorgeous!

Melinda, did I count right? 27 foals???
default_new_shocked.gif
My God, woman, you are going to be freakin' exhausted!!
default_laugh.png
I don't know how you do it. I had 8 one year and it about killed me!
default_biggrin.png
LOL Um actually we have 28 due but that is between both halves of our farm, I forgot Arions Maple Hollows Destiny due 4/26, shows that I shouldnt try and do things quickly LOL. I will only have 15 here and the other 13 will be at my parents. We at least have cameras now, used to just have to stay up and in the barn practically all night!

I had to count twice to be sure I was counting correctly!! 27 foals!! WOW -- that's quite a handful to get on the ground, socialize and "break" ! Hope you have a box of toothpicks to prop your eyes open!!!

Will they be on MareStare? I hope so, and I hope you'll add them to our MareStare chat forum!! WOW! That will keep us all up -- but very happy!

Best of luck foaling to everyone!
I am hoping to be able to put my mares on marestare again and I think mom is too. I got hit by a tornado last july after all the mares were already bred of course and it took out all of my barns so have been rushing to get barns back up and will have to make do with temporary stalls for foaling!
default_new_shocked.gif
I am nervous but hope that with marestare and everything that it will be ok! As for socializing, I am a stay at home horse mommy so I spend almost every day out with my babies in the pasture and generally by weaning time they will follow me around and let me place their legs with no halter and everything
default_wub.png
. I even had one colt last year that would curl up and take a nap in my lap
default_rolleyes.gif
. My camera feed is on the tv in our bedroom so makes watching much easier and more comfy even though my hubby complains at first until he gets used to the light
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back