Is Robin pregnant?? *better bag photo #21*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I finally got a better look at Robin's "bag" today. I picked up her back leg and took a picture...She looks a little bagged up but not a whole lot. I don't know...if she is preggo, she has a little while to go...

February2011772.jpg

Oh, and BTW, I know her bag is kinda crusty (well, I do NOW at least, lol). I will be working with touching her so that I can clean them up, lol
default_biggrin.png

Grrr...stupid wind
default_wacko.png

Well, I had to go get hay today, so I stopped by my vet's office to chat. Apparently, the wind it supposed to continue. She said that she will be doing some equine dentistry on Friday and she will call me when she gets done with that. If the winds are okay, she will just stop by here on her way home that afternoon.

She said that she is going to try a rectal ultrasound since she hasn't had good luck with the external.

Here is hoping that the wind is better on Friday!!

Grrr...stupid wind
default_wacko.png

Well, I had to go get hay today, so I stopped by my vet's office to chat. Apparently, the wind it supposed to continue. She said that she will be doing some equine dentistry on Friday and she will call me when she gets done with that. If the winds are okay, she will just stop by here on her way home that afternoon.

She said that she is going to try a rectal ultrasound since she hasn't had good luck with the external.

Here is hoping that the wind is better on Friday!!
This may be a stupid question, but why does the wind affect the vet from coming? Haven't you been waiting awhile on the vet to come out?

I also read that you didn't have a way to separate them. We found the electrical ribbon TAPE stuff last year and it was awesome. You could divide your pasture you have now into two halves. Its relatively easy to put up and quite portable - you can move it all about so once he's gelded you can just take it down and save it for use elsewhere. We throw it up all over the place for different situations - it's the best thing we found!

That is, if she's not already pregnant. It's quite possible if they were housed together all last year. I agree with the other posters, if she isn't already - she will be soon and you may not be there to catch it.

Sorry to say, she does not look like she has any kind of bag.
Oh, I know it isn't much...like I said, if she is pregnant, she has a ways to go. I was just posting a pic, since I managed to get one.

This may be a stupid question, but why does the wind affect the vet from coming? Haven't you been waiting awhile on the vet to come out?

I also read that you didn't have a way to separate them. We found the electrical ribbon TAPE stuff last year and it was awesome. You could divide your pasture you have now into two halves. Its relatively easy to put up and quite portable - you can move it all about so once he's gelded you can just take it down and save it for use elsewhere. We throw it up all over the place for different situations - it's the best thing we found!

That is, if she's not already pregnant. It's quite possible if they were housed together all last year. I agree with the other posters, if she isn't already - she will be soon and you may not be there to catch it.
When I say wind, I am talking 20-30mph continuous wind with gusts up higher than that...and it is usually pretty chilly when the wind kicks up that high. I only called her less than a week ago. We weren't really in a huge hurry, so she wanted to wait till it wasn't so bad outside.

As far as separating, I am working on that, but they really don't like to be apart at this point. I can put one in my backyard until Batman is gelded, but I need to fix it up to where they can't get out.

I would be working on that now, but I am sick. My 5 year old has been running a fever for the past 2 days and this morning I started feeling pretty yucky. I cannot even remember the last time I ran a fever, but I had one this afternoon. That is what I get for ignoring my funky feeling and going out to get pictures of the little guys in their new halters...won't be doing that again.

Anyway, as soon as I start feeling better, I will be fixing up the backyard so that I can separate them until batman is gelded.

If she ends up pregnant, I am fine with that. I am prepared for all that comes with it and I would be keeping any possible foal if it should happen. That being said, Batman will still be gelded ASAP...I can promise you that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry you are feeling rough. Have you tried holding you hand just in front of her teats when she is drinking or eating? It works every time. If there is a bun in the oven it will sooner or later move. It took me a week of trying with 1 mare and the other I felt the foal the first time.

GOOD LUCK

Sorry you are feeling rough. Have you tried holding you hand just in front of her teats when she is drinking or eating? It works every time. If there is a bun in the oven it will sooner or later move. It took me a week of trying with 1 mare and the other I felt the foal the first time.

GOOD LUCK
I have tried, but she normally doesn't stand still for that, lol. She isn't crazy about my hand being down there. The only other thing I thought of with that, is how soon can you feel the baby moving? If she isn't due till fall or something like that, would I still be able to feel the foal??

REO is pregnant??? I had no idea she and Karrel were even trying!
default_smile.png

you could try using weefoal. I heard it is very accurate. They have a website.. http://www.weefoal.net/. The test is only $40.

I may try that if the vet cannot tell. We shall see what the weather is doing this afternoon when she gets off. It's flipping WINDY out there right now, but maybe it will give us a break long enough to do the US this afternoon. If it is blowing from the West we can probably do it infront of the house since it works as a pretty good windblock...

Thanks for the tip!
default_smile.png

I may try that if the vet cannot tell. We shall see what the weather is doing this afternoon when she gets off. It's flipping WINDY out there right now, but maybe it will give us a break long enough to do the US this afternoon. If it is blowing from the West we can probably do it infront of the house since it works as a pretty good windblock...

Thanks for the tip!
default_smile.png
Can you take her in the garage or something?

Can you take her in the garage or something?

We don't have a garage yet
default_sad.png
We have a shed, but I don't know that there is enough room in there...there is a motorcycle and a 50cc dirtbike inside of it, lol.

Heck, if it comes down to it, I guess she could just do it in my foyer, lol.

Latest posts

Back