Input asap- Necropsy report is in 12/5/11 Pg 6

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no!
default_no.gif
I am so very sorry! I BIG (((((((Cyberhug))))))) coming your way!!!

Thank you so much, everyone. My heart is broken right now. I am sure, in time, the good memories will replace the sadness.

I was hoping he could hold on til this morning, as the roads are clearing.

Saturn was one of my first minis. He has always been a protector of me and was always there to make sure I was ok. He also would protect the babies.

He was a very special horse, and I miss him greatly.

We will be doing a necropsy. I can let you all know the findings. I just don't know if it was a poisoning of some sort (blister beetle) or severe colic. Maybe I can get some answers later this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peggy, I am so sorry to read this news this morning. I hope over time your memories of yesterday's struggle will fade and just the good times with saturn will be in your thoughts.

Hugs my friend.

So sorry for your loss..

Peggy, I am so so sorry you have lost your little guy. A sad morning indeed for you, it is so hard to lose a friend. Again, so sad you lost him.

I'm so sorry for your loss Peggy. Your beloved Saturn is resting in peace. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Oh Peggy, I'm SO very sorry you lost him.
default_crybaby.gif

My heart aches for you {{{{hugs}}}}

So sorry for the loss of your dear boy. It is so hard to deal with a loss like this. I pray your heart heals in the future.

Run free, Saturn.

I am so sorry you lost your special friend Peggy. I am sure he felt your love and care. Hugs.

Barb

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending ((((HUGS))))

Run free little man - you were so well loved, but then you knew that.
default_wub.png

Peggy,

I'm so sorry to hear you lost Saturn. I'm sure you did everything possible and it sounds like he would not had lived even if you could have gotten him to a vet. This is the price we pay for having animals we love - eventually they pass and we are left to pick up the pieces. You can remember that you gave him a great life and lots of love.

Saturn's necropsy showed a twisted gut. He apparently coliced in the night and rolled. We never saw him roll once. Vets said nothing could have been done at home - he would have had to go to an equine hospital several hours away for surgery. Of course, we were snowed in. Vet office made a hoof imprint in clay for me - I thought it was a nice gesture.

Miss you, Saturn.

I am glad you were able to get an answer, and unless you were willing and able to have surgery, there was nothing more you could have done. I thought that was what they might find based on our experience with colic surgery and a snow storm. I don't know what the connection is, but Max died right after a snowstorm too.

RIP Saturn and hugs to you.

Peggy,

I just read your thread. I am so sorry to have read about Saturn. I know he always had a special place in your heart.

You did everything you could have done.

Latest posts

Back