IAMHA Auction going on NOW

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too would like to know how to find out about Miniature Horse sales or get on mailing/e-mail lists for Miniature Horse sales. I would have gone to the Little King sale if I had known about it. I might have bought a whole herd of horses!
default_drool5.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow....those are bad. Part of the problem(but not the entire problem) was this sale conflicted with a AMHR/ASPC show in Corsicana, TX. Granted, that probably wouldn't have pulled in loads of buyers but I had thought of going with 3 of my clients' interests in mind but I also had to go get points on some horses. So, what do you do?

But it is also a sign of the times. Horses are a luxary item and right now with the economy and the holidays people are holding on to their cash. I wish we had a spring sale in this area (TX). Unfortunately, all of our sales are in the fall.

I bought a tiny mare lot 54 , and she is gorgeous. I would have bought another, but I was dog sick, and could not attend. I bought her online watching marestare

There was a banner on top of the forum. I clicked on it several times.

Mary Lou offers such a good way to advertise with the banners. I have bought some horses from the banner and got the links from the IAMHA/MHA banner at the top.

I was also at the Texas show in Corsicana so could not attend. It is hard for new sales to draw in people. It really takes two to three years to get a sale established. I do think that the timing of this sale was not the best. Here in Area V we had 3 shows in October, immediately followed by Convention, immediately followed by another show. I know that my clients were spending money on shows and Convention and were not thinking about buying anything. I have a few that are thinking about buying now or talking about buying after the first of the year. Economics has a LOT to do with it. Election year horse sales do not do as well as sales in non-election years and of course being in a recession does not help either.

Just an outside observation ( no flames please). I watched the whole auction from here in the UK and one thing did strike me. A lot of the catalog photos did not do justice to the horses that were forward for the sale. There was at least one horse there that we would have registered to bid on had her catalog photo been better. ( We have two half sisters and a half brother all of which we are very pleased with). When she came in to the ring we were really annoyed that we hadn't registered
default_rolleyes.gif
. Good pics can make all the difference when you are looking to buy, especially from out of the country. I did enjoy the seminars though, great idea, and thought the turnout of the sale horses on the day was very good.

one thing I did was call right away when I saw the horse I wanted to bid on, and got registered. I too, noticed the quality of horses, and wanted to be registered just in case. THey said they would have just called me back when the horse was fixing to enter the ring so that bidding would not have been missed. But, mine was next, and I barely got registered in time.

SO, next time, just call, they will help ya out!! I know it does not help much now, but you can call next time during the auctions!

Latest posts

Back