I need advice...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanch

Reaction score
Now that I've pull you in with my vage title, I'll get to the point, I make a mistake and need opinions on what to do about it now. To start, im soon to have a 2nd driving horse, and I just WONT be able to afford 2 carts, I would love to have 2 nice driving sulky carts, but I have to make do with my metal easy entry, and that is that.

I did want 2 different harness though, so I ordered a brass fitted harness for my black guy through a store up here. It was only yesterday (2 weeks after ordering) that I realalized "Brass is going to clash with my cart. Its all silver fittings with a crushed velvet seat and large white vinyal stripes on the side. God, did I feel sick now, and now I had to make that dreaded call to the dealer to see if I can change things
default_frusty.gif
:frusty She was ok with it as I hadn't sent money in just yet, but said that if I was to change my mind, I would have to pre-paid, otherwise she would be out alot of money. I was ok with that, I had to pay soon anyways.

So now, I do want your guys opinions, I personally thing that silver looks nice on every cart, whereas gold isn't always so versitale. So if I was to get another cart, I would be pretty safe if I got chrome.

*What doyou guys think, would brass fittings look stupid if put to my cart??

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc111/S...nt=HPIM1008.jpg

*Also, this horse is a black, what do you guys think looks better on this color: brass or chrome??

Any advice would be such a big help, im so stuck on which to pick
default_wacko.png

Paige- In my opinion, brass is a more traditional metal for a more traditional cart. I ordered brass to go with my Silver Penney wooden wheeled, wooden pleasure cart because the whip holder, shaft tips, and footmans loops are brass. I am seriously thinking about changing those parts to stainless (chrome) because brass is a pain in the brass (VBG) to keep polished. I really like my harness with the chrome fittings as it is easier to keep looking nice. I also like the chrome fittings on my black/white pinto better than brass. For me, chrome is definitely the only way to go.

I think silver goes best with blacks, silver blacks, and grey horses, whislt brass looks best on red-based horses, silver bays and buckskins.

I personally don't like the looks of brass hardware on a painted metal cart...I would rather see silver or painted black fittings. (Just my opinion for what it's worth.)
default_wink.png

With the white pin-striping, I think silver or black fittings would look best as well.

If you put brass on your cart, to be considered "proper", you "must" always use the brass harness...if you go silver, you "must" go with silver harness. If you go with painted black fittings on the cart, you can go with either silver or brass hardware on your harness; so it really is the more versitile though perhaps not the most traditional.

I was driving a pleasure cart that was black w/ white pin strips and silver fittings then I bought my new brass with gold trim for my black and white and he looks soooo good in it. I did have him in silver and I hated it. Looked to STEELY to me. This warms him up. But, the minute I put the cart w/ the harness I was like YUCK I can't stand it, so I ordered a new cart w/ brass fittings and sold the other cart. I don't mind keeping the brass up cause the night before we leave after everything is done I relax and sit by the TV and do my harness and I feel so proud and it makes me soooo excited knowing I'll be driving, plus I love my new harness. I NEVER got that feeling w/ my other harness before, it was like oh I gotta use leather soap on that crummy thing lest it rot. I just had a BAD attitude about it. Plus it was an inexpensive one being his first harness he was ready to move up. So good luck to you in your decison. IF your cart was all black then I'd say you could go either way. TJ

Latest posts

Back