I feel so happy and proud right now...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've said it before and will say it again -- I'm a proud supporter of President George W. Bush.

july4_1.gif

Also, I like that there seem to be a lot of Republican members and that the McCain and "NoBama" threads are hot / popular with lots of interesting input.

"I've said it before and will say it again -- I'm a proud supporter of President George W. Bush"

default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Sorry Jill...

If you want to back, in my opinion a lying, stupid war criminal,,,, have a good time! I am sure you benefit from him somehow.

I know we all have our own opinions. Mine is that George W. Bush has been a good president (I feel history will be show him to be so) and that he is a very good and sincere person. This is truly how I feel. And, I think it's important to speak up and say so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we all have our own opinions. Mine is that George W. Bush has been a good president (I feel history will be show him to be so) and that he is a very good and sincere person. This is truly how I feel. And, I think it's important to speak up and say so.
I agree with you Jill.

I do have to say that I was filled with hope and pride after hearing Obama's speech. It reminds me of the 60's and the Kennedys when this country was at a big turning point then. I hope we do see change because if we continue on the spiral we are heading now...this country will be in BIG doo-doo! We are aweful close to it now and I for one am tired of lining the pockets of corporate America-big oil and the insurance industry so they can live in their 5 bedroom-six bath indoor swimming pool (and that's just their vacation home)
default_wacko.png

Yes I think by now we know that you think that Bush is the ultimate. I think he should be in prision for was crimes and torturing people, letting them suffer and die without a care in the world in our own country. And lying to get our children to fight in a war that makes money for himself and Cheney. I asked for OBAMA supporters.

I didn't go on your threads where you are talking about how you love McCain and Palin. Even though McCain is as evil as Bush. And picking a woman to just placate women,,, well some will fall for it. Myself I think that here she is telling people they HAVE to have their children, she has no right telling me or anyone what to do with their lives and bodies. Why make the children suffer if someone can not take care of them. Oh yes, because they say it is so. And what does she do for fun??? Kill animals to get her jollies. Did I go on your post and put this.... ???? Nope. But I am proud of how I feel too. And I hope that Obama and Biden take us in a good direction. And yes I am patriotic. Not for Bush though. You don't have the fate of a 17 year old boy weighing on you. For a war that was started with lies.

Sorry you feel this way, but this is a public forum and an open thread. I had something to say BASED on what had already been said in this thread. In my opinion, you're more than welcome to say whatever you want regarding McCain and Palin anywhere, anytime.

The very fact that McW -- I mean McCain -- and his supporters do little but attack Obama and his supporters PERSONALLY and not on the actual issues speaks volumes.

And did I hear the term "flip-flop?" I guess McCain would know all about that, since McCain the Senator and McCain the candidate bear almost no resemblance to one another. Witness the outright hatred the conservative members of the GOP have voice toward him.

As was stated during the Democratic convention, McCain needs to debate himself before he ever debates Obama.

Just an aside...A friend of Keith's and mine (and a co-worker of his) went to high school in Hawaii with Obama. According to her, whatever your beliefs (and her husband is an arch conservative Republican), you cannot say that he is anything other than exactly how he appears. He is honest, considerate, respectful, and extremely intelligent and well-spoken.

The comparison to Kennedy is interesting. Historians see Kennedy as not being one of our greater presidents. However, the way he inspired people across the country still lives today. Any administration is far more than just the president. It's who he can bring on board as advisors, the consensus he can build in the legislative branch, and the extent to which he inspires the citizens.

Is there any reason McW -- I mean McCain -- can only attempt personal smears?

The very fact that McW -- I mean McCain -- and his supporters do little but attack Obama and his supporters PERSONALLY and not on the actual issues speaks volumes.
If that were the case, I'd agree. Happily, it's not the case.

I'm glad some people feel confident in a candidate whose advisors call us all a "nation of whiners." Once again, he's W warmed over.

I know I'm a kid... but politics effect us too. We'll be the ones voting not too long from now, and we'll have to deal with the repercussions of who you elect, and who you
default_rolleyes.gif
HAVE elected.

It's sad. That Bush was re-elected... I'm glad that people can only be in office twice, but thats two too many times for me. I'm sorry, but not much about his presidency was good. He ruined America's name.

We need change. We need America to get over skin color. To get over religion. To get over themselves. Am I saying that we should continue letting people cross the borders? no. I'm sorry but immigration needs to end. No one does what they used to to get into this country anymore, they just walk in and demand the rights we have. It's sick. People used to risk their lives coming over seas running away from their countries and kiss Lady Liberty's feet. No, now they decided that our money and our country, is their's as well. Obama is a good person. And he made a simple mistake with his words (he meant 47 clearly, not 57. He isn't stupid.) No, he isn't a terrorist. People are ingnorant. Obama is not though. Obama seems like a brilliant person.

But also, McCain came to my parents' work place (Fermi nuclear plant in Michigan) and they said he seemed like a good honest person, he made an effort to shake everyone's hand, even though he could have walked right on past before delivering a speech. He looked tired, and very pale though. But overall, he's a good candidate too, though I'm worried about his outsourcing... and connections to oil companies.

Politicians are so stupid though. Their commercials make me want to *shakes fist* gah... just talk to them firmly.
default_wacko.png
They sit there at each others' throats acting as if they are children. This isn't a fight. This is an election. Get a grip.

And, I'd hope to see some maturity out of the adults in this thread.
default_no.gif

We are a nation of whiners. All we do is complain about how bad our lives are. When we have EVERYTHING. Besides a good leader at the moment. And our economy has declined. Terribly. Now, you can't ask yourself that at the end of the day and not blame Bush. It certainly wasn't Obama... Or McCain for that matter! \

Sorry if I rambled, but America needs to get it together. We out number those idiots in office, why aren't we doing anything?

No one will change anyone else's mind about politcal parties and I sure have no intention of trying.
default_smile.png

I will say this though like him or not *and I do* I think it is a wonderful thing and about time that a African American has made it to the point of running for president. Do I think he should be elected on that alone of course not! That alone is something I am proud of to be honest I did not think I would see the day in my lifetime.

[SIZE=12pt]I'm staying away from the other threads
default_rolleyes.gif
I am proud to stand behind a candidate I don't have to constantly make excuses for... [/SIZE]

For a child TrippleDstables. You have a good concept of your politics! Pessimism in politics is a good thing. No one is perfect. But is it sure nice to have someone that I feel is going to try and do something for people that need help. NOT just set things up for his friends in big business.

Laura I feel like you, nice to have some pride in a candidate.

Susanne, when next I see you, I want to see you dancing! With Mingus of course.

Jill, I respect you for your opinion about W. The opinion of other countries about W are not so glowing. He is the reason that many many other countries lost respect for the U.S.A. I hope the next President is able to repair the U.S. image as it once was.

TripleDstables, you are wise beyond your years, however, I must correct you on one thing. People are always looking for someone else to blame their economic troubles on. I grew up in Michigan, near Detroit, and my life revolved around the auto industry for 22 years. The situation there is not Bush's fault...the auto industry has been in trouble for 30 years, through Democratic AND Republican administrations.

The other piece of the financial downturn has to do with people living WAY beyond their means. Nowhere is this more evident than in Southern California. I can't tell you how many people I see living in huge homes with fancy cars that cannot afford the lifestyle. They are now losing their homes, cars, and everything else that was part of the facade. This is not the President's fault, it's not the mortgage companies' fault...it's their own darn fault!! If people don't know what they can and cannot afford, then they need some serious financial counseling. "If it sounds to good to be true, it is. I am so sick and tired of people blaming everyone but themselves for their own financial downturn. Unfortunately, it is affecting the whole nation's economy. (I know that there are other situations where people have not been living above their means, and for those people, I am truly sorry.) I just ran into an acquaintance who lives in a very large home in my valley. She was whining how they are broke (they're both artists) and how they can't afford much of anything. They have one large horse and three minis, and she drives a Jaguar. In the next breath she tells me she's going to Hawaiito stay in her sister's timeshare!! Ugh!! Yeah, wouldn't we all love to do our hobby as our career but some of us realize we have to pay bills and need a "real" job to do that.

Anyway, I am not against Obama or for McCain. I am honestly trying to figure out where they both stand on all the issues, and how they are going to pay for their brilliant ideas. I'll give you one thing...the government (both Democrats AND Republicans) are TERRIBLE at living within their/our country's means.

Okay, off my soapbox now.
default_blush.png

He is the reason that many many other countries lost respect for the U.S.A.

Don't worry when those countries need our help, they will have somehow found the courage to forgive the US for whatever reasons they had to be angry...regardless of who is in office....

Silverdollar, you are 100% right it has not just happend in CA but all over the country!

He is the reason that many many other countries lost respect for the U.S.A.

Don't worry when those countries need our help, they will have somehow found the courage to forgive the US for whatever reasons they had to be angry...regardless of who is in office....

Silverdollar, you are 100% right it has not just happend in CA but all over the country!

We don't dislike the people of the U.S at all, but we have to be honest and Bush was very much disliked around the world because of his fast to react ways to the point where he was going off in all directions and saying things that were untrue. Also I swear if I hear one more time the term "axis of evil" which he used about the caches of arms that were suppose to be there.... Countries that are peaceful countries don't like to be bullied and Bush tended to do this. He couldn't take that other countries didn't always agree with his policies. Canada and Europe as well help other countries in need when asked or if we see the need to. It is not just the U.S. You make it sound like it's only the U.S. that helps people in this world.

Jill, I respect you for your opinion about W. The opinion of other countries about W are not so glowing. He is the reason that many many other countries lost respect for the U.S.A. I hope the next President is able to repair the U.S. image as it once was.
Danielle, bluntly, I do not care what other nations think of our President.

Citizens of other nations do not know what it's like to be an American at this time. Their media is even more biased than our own. Most of their leaders would prefer our Nation not to be the world power that it is. Lots of ulterior motives from the leaders in other nations, and also from many of their citizens as well (immigration comes to mind).

It annoys me to see people who are not US Citizens get adamant about the politics of the USA. Not only is it not within any other country's power to decide, it's also beyond their citizen's ability to actually know and deeply care what's best for our Nation. They do not know what it's like to live here as a United States Citizen in these times and their opinions of our politics do not weigh on my mind.

july4_7.gif

Latest posts

Back