I feel so happy and proud right now...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"It annoys me to see people who are not US Citizens get adamant about the politics of the USA. Not only is it not within any other country's power to decide, it's also beyond their citizen's ability to actually know and deeply care what's best for our Nation. They do not know what it's like to live here as a United States Citizen in these times and their opinions of our politics do not weigh on my mind."

This above statement is exactly the way I feel. It is funny how you are always so quick to jump at the chance to be so negative about the US, our president and our health care system. I have to wonder if you have ever lived in the US or maybe you were a citizen and moved to Canada?

This above statement is exactly the way I feel. It is funny how you are always so quick to jump at the chance to be so negative about the US, our president and our health care system. I have to wonder if you have ever lived in the US or maybe you were a citizen and moved to Canada?
I bet you not as many as the number of Canadians who have spent their own money in order to receive prompt and high caliber medical treatment in the United States!

Well you know the way we have pushed our ways on other countries,,, they have a right to worry who we are going to elect. I can image that the 100,000 Iraq people that had no choice but to loose everything and no one blinks an eye. The had it bad with Saddam but we sure made it worse for a lot of them. Yes, as humans they have a right to worry. How many have died.... because he started it with lies.

You know Jill I started this thread as a positive thing and your comments about other people coming here and voicing their thoughts is pretty rude. In my opinion. We in the world are all the same. Or in my opinion should be treated this way. I know the current administration has done all it has can to make people who don't fit their mold make sure they stay in their place, below them in money, jobs and marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
"It annoys me to see people who are not US Citizens get adamant about the politics of the USA. Not only is it not within any other country's power to decide, it's also beyond their citizen's ability to actually know and deeply care what's best for our Nation. They do not know what it's like to live here as a United States Citizen in these times and their opinions of our politics do not weigh on my mind."

WOW isnt that exactly what we are doing in oh, lets see, IRAQ?? Etc? Arent we, a baby nation, dictating to others what WE want? Rather hypocritical I think. Do as I say , not as I do.

I can bet that if 'the other guys' were complaining about a President that you didnt like, you wouldnt be upset one iota. Because that is what it is boiling down to, you are feeling this is an attack on your President.

Thanks Crabby Chicken.
default_smile.png

Also, thats a good Point Silver Dollar. I'm in Michigan, and most of my family is into Ford Motor Company. It is true, Bush is not to blame for the auto industry's short comings.

lol, not everything in the world is Bush's fault, but an aweful lot of it...
default_wink.png

I got an email with pictures of Bush drunk at the Olympics... It just made me so ashamed.
default_no.gif
They have photos of him drinking, acting... drunk, and getting help up from his staff. What kind of statement of stability does that send out to other countries if our own president can't even stand on his own two feet?
default_new_shocked.gif
I'm not saying he shouldn't be a person, and have a good time, but at a international event like that? Thats a bit much for me.

But, he is old news now. I'm just dying to see who's next...

No, he is most certainly NOT my President. I never voted for him and most Americans didnt the first time either, he did NOT win the popular vote, he won by electoral college votes. He scammed us the second time. He is a liar, a cheat and most likely a War criminal. He is NOT my President. He just happens to be the idiot in that office right now.

As for Bush drunk. Didnt see that and I know how photos taken at the wrong instant can look odd. However, he was an admitted Whiskey drunk and Cocaine addict. HE addmitted to that years ago. Now the first thing a person who is an addict shouldnt do, is get into hig stress situations. But, since those 2 vices are more 'blue blood' than pot, all is forgiven in his little world.

Pepipony, you could not be futher from WRONG. I have a problem with the comments from someone who seems to always have something negative to say about the USA no matter what the topic. I have NOT said anything negative about either canidate, that's just not the way I am when it comes to politics. Both have positives and negatives, I am open and need to learn more about both before I make my choice. In the future it's best not to assume or "bet" anything
default_wink.png

Pepipony- I took that into account when looking at the photos, but there are so many of them. And they all have him looking intoxicated. I tried to say "No way, he couldn't afford to do that with his image how it is already!..." But, nothing surprises me with that goofy little fellow nowadays.
default_wink.png

Ok, other than the 'bet' paragraph, how is my statement wrong? People complain that other countries want into our political business, yet we jump right on in to other countries political business at the drop of some oil. How is that wrong? How does that not effect the statement I quoted?

Further more, I am not anti-US, I am anti-Bush. Suprise but you can be a Patriot and not like the President. Patriotism is loving your Country all the time and the Politicians when they deserve it. All Bush deserves is an impeachment and a swift kick in his Buttocks.

?

WOW isnt that exactly what we are doing in oh, lets see, IRAQ?? Etc? Arent we, a baby nation, dictating to others what WE want? Rather hypocritical I think. Do as I say , not as I do.
That was my first thought when I read that as well. We as a country under not just this administration seem to feel we can rule the world do what we want where we want when we want and get very upset if anyone dares to deny us. Yet no one else in the world has the right to comment on our politics and how it effects not us but them ???

Not meaning this as a attack on anyone but seems pretty selfish. No wonder the rest of the world thinks we are a very self centered country.

bingo, you need to edit your post, that was NOT my qoute, it was Jills, I agreed and it seems to have ruffled feathers. Thank you.

Yep, I am the one that said it and I'd say it again. It's exactly what I meant to say and precisely how I feel no matter how it comes across to others' eyes and ears.

Yep, I am the one that said it and I'd say it again. It's exactly what I meant to say and precisely how I feel no matter how it comes across to others' eyes and ears.
Jill you are my hero when it comes to debating politics on this forum...I don't need to reply to any of these threads...I wait for Jill to do it because she does it so much better than I ever could...Jill, you should definately run for some office, be it city, town, state, whatever....I'd vote for you in a heartbeat.
default_wink.png

Oh my gosh, thank you, Sonya! I wish I had the patience I think it would take to be a politician but I don't. I also wish I knew as much about it as my father. Thanks for the big compliment
default_wub.png

Wow Jill,,,

Seems like this group in the white house make your life wonderful and ohhhh so happy. You keep pointing out that you don't care about anyone else. And that is my point. They don't care about anyone who needs help either. So you have found your perfect party.

But I do care about other people and what the world thinks. I am glad we have a chance to hope.

Wow Jill,,,
Seems like this group in the white house make your life wonderful and ohhhh so happy. You keep pointing out that you don't care about anyone else. And that is my point. They don't care about anyone who needs help either. So you have found your perfect party.

But I do care about other people and what the world thinks. I am glad we have a chance to hope.
Kim --

Now have I really pointed out that I don't care about anyone else? That I don't care about anyone who needs help? That's a pretty cruddy thing to say about someone who does in fact have a heart and cares deeply about others.

What I said is I don't care if others don't agree with what I say, and that I'm not concerned about who citizens of other countries think we should elect as our next President.

If you're going to "quote" me and take me to task for what I've said, at least correctly quote or restate what I said. You're about a million miles off the mark in your statements above.

Thanks,

Jill

Telling everyone that you don't care what anyone else thinks about what you think. ..But you do care about others. That is part of caring for others is hearing them and caring what they think. You don't have to agree with them. I am sorry if I misunderstood you.

Telling everyone that you don't care what anyone else thinks about what you think. ..But you do care about others. That is part of caring for others is hearing them and caring what they think. You don't have to agree with them. I am sorry if I misunderstood you.
I think I've stated it really plainly so it's easy to understand.

I do not care if others do not agree with my opinions, any more so than you probably don't care that I do not agree with many of your opinions. And, guess what? I don't take it personally.

If I take the time to express an opinion here or out loud anywhere, I have put a lot of thought into developing it and no, I don't care if others don't agree with it. So what? I don't agree with many of the opinions expressed by others and it doesn't hurt my feelings.

However, I don't like to be described as having the type of character you've ascribed to me. I don't know how a person could construe my confidence in my opinions as not caring about others, and that is apparently the picture you'd like to paint.

Latest posts

Back