I am pretty sure I am crazy now.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just been advised to check with my insurance company. My home owners "could" be canceled for getting these dogs!

I know that probably they would never know about them unless something happened. Then they could refuse payment and that's not good.

I will check with them tonight...

Bonnie, that is great. I looked them up, what lovely looking dogs. They look like big teddy bears. Also might make a difference as the American Kennel Club calls them Belgian Sheepdogs. They do look like a sherphard with longer hair. Might get around the insurance company this way.

Glad to see you are doing ok. Karen, Lizzie and I will have to venture up one weekend soon for a visit with you. Take care for now.

Yes you are crazy for getting 2 dogs to begin with, one would of been enough but we know you and your big soft heart. Crazy but we love you.

Diana

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just been advised to check with my insurance company. My home owners "could" be canceled for getting these dogs!I know that probably they would never know about them unless something happened. Then they could refuse payment and that's not good.

I will check with them tonight...
Let me guess - because they are an "aggressive breed?" Oh, brother!
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif

Mona, that link was great! It solved a mystery that had been in the back of my mind for, gee, almost 20 years now.
default_wacko.png

My husband and I rescued two canine walking skeletons from a trash pile in the woods near our house. They looked sorta like GSD's, but smaller. Lots of love (and food!) later, they filled out to around fifty lbs. We named them Bunsen and Cisco. Never having heard of Belgian Shepherds, we assumed they were some sort of crossbred GSD's. After we'd had them for a few years, we saw an article in the paper about a local canine officer and his partner, a Belgian Malinois. The dog was a bit bigger, but otherwise, was almost a ringer for Bunsen! This dog and Bunsen both had the black "saddle" that is so common in GSD's, every other Malinois I've seen pictured was fawn, with a black mask. The one thing that didn't add up, was that Bunsen had wavy hair. His coat was short, but had a definate curl to it. Where'd that come from?

Thanks to that link, I think I know, at last! If there was a dash of Laekenois in him, that could account for the curl, couldn't it?

High energy? Oh, yeah! Destructive? I remember seeing the two of them, at about a year old, sitting in the middle of about 10 shredded flats of my most expensive pansies. I asked them "you guys are trying to see just how much I love you, aren't you?" But they were wonderful, wonderful dogs. They wove themselves into the fabric of our lives as no other animal has since then. They've both been gone for more than a dozen years and yet! When someone's rowdiness gets wearing on my nerves, the first thought that pops in my head is "Bunsen, SIT!" If we see Tom Selleck in a movie, my husband says "Look! It's Bunsen!" (long story) All these years later, my husband still occasionally will say, "I miss that dog!"

Bonnie, take care of yourself. Hearts can take a long time healing. (((Hugs)))

Bonnie that is so exciting. Remember back shortly after LArry died I told you there were a couple of dogs calling for you??? you said you didnt hear them yet... well, here they are!!! Keep us posted My son in law would love to own one someday.

Oh Bunnylady, I am nearly in tears reading your post. You have shared sooo easily, the deep love you hadvand still do today, with those dogs.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back