I am pretty sure I am crazy now.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
I have always had little dogs with hair not fur. Larry was allergic to dog hair.

My dauughter has been dog walking 2 Belgian Shepards and the first thing I told her DO NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR FIRST CLIENTS!!!

But of course she did. I went over to meet them during vacation and I went wow these are nice dogs that is different than what the owner said. He and his wife divorced(she didn't want to be a wife or a mother anymore she wanted to be a Hedonist now. so he he got the kid and the dogs . He doesn't want the dogs and told my daughter that in 2 weeks he was putting them down.

He didn't want to pay for their food or anything else anymore.

Yes he is an as%&*(e.

And of course April was devastated ...sobbing etc. she cannot have them where she. And well guess who opened her mouth.............yup
default_wacko.png
It might be a really good thing or a bad thing but I will let you know in a couple of weeks I guess.

My neighbor has 6 dogs and they can't bark any worse than hers do..........

So in a couple weeks I will have 2 very very smart Belgian shepards.They are 2 sisters, 5 years old. I have to do some more fencing afterwards they will have about 2 acres to run and after snow goes about 4 acres.

I saw my vet today and he said, oh Belgians, said he used to own them and the problem with them is they are usually smarter than their owners!!!!

I have to say these dogs are incredibly smart and high energy..................

So now we enter a new faze of life! Wish me luck??
default_unsure.png

Hugs

Bonnie

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay Bonnie! I am so happy for you. I bet these girls will keep you busy and happy! You will have to share pics when you get them!

OMGosh I love Belgian Shepards. Has your daughter been caring for them for a while? That will be such a benefit if she knows the dogs personalities, house breaking etc. What a great chance to have 2 beautiful dogs. I think they are also good watch dogs and protective of the family.

Congratulations Bonnie. What are their names?

I went over to meet them during vacation and I went wow these are nice dogs that is different than what the owner said.
Well, I don't know about you, but if I were living with someone who resented paying for the food I was eating, I don't know how "nice" I'd be, either! Poor girls! First, they get caught in the chaos of a divorce, and they are still surrounded by all this negative energy. Sounds like their luck is really changing, I wish all of you well! Congratulations!

My friend's husband just lost his Belgian Shepard last summer, he was such a beautiful dog and had good manners and temperament. Theirs was pretty good sized, but oh so beautiful.

Edited to add: I didn't realize there were 4 varieties, then I went back and read the link someone provided. My friends was I believe the Tervuren (longhaired fawn). I had only heard of the Terveren and the Malinois.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Bonnie....you sweet lady.......... I bet they will love you for taking them in.....sounds like they need to get out of the environment with the man and he needs to get his head on straight.

Hugs to you for being you! It's so nice to read you posting again, I have missed your posts.

I saw my vet today and he said, oh Belgians, said he used to own them and the problem with them is they are usually smarter than their owners!!!!I have to say these dogs are incredibly smart and high energy..................
LOL Owning (or being owned) by a different herding breed, I'll agree with the vet
default_laugh.png
Seems to be a herding breed 'thing'
default_rolleyes.gif

I do like Belgians! I'm sure you will have fun with them! Congrats & can't wait to see pics!!!
default_wink.png

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

First off, Congrats, secondly, THANK YOU for saving these two.

Herding breeds are generally much smarter than their owners think, and need a "job" or can become nuisances. Now, that job can simply be things like playing ball or Frisbee or going out with you to feed the horses, but they do need their mind stimulated. Not the type to sit on your lap and only go out to potty, and they tend to want to be with their owners.

That said, I LOVE herding breeds, more specifically the German Shepherd. Have fun!

BTW How dare you post this without pics! lol

Bonnie...just awesome!!! Please post some pics when you can...and good luck with these pups.

Congratulations on your two new CHARGES.
default_smile.png
You made me go and Google the breed...... They're beautiful! And it sounds like they'll keep you busy too.

What is a hedonist?

These girls were meant to come to you for some reason. I can't wait to see them!

Congrats on your new girls Bonny!

I think this is good news for you and for the girls!!! They are very lucky to be getting a good home and to be staying together. We are raising two shih tzu brothers now, and they love each other so much. I can't wait to see pictures of your new big girls!!!

Robin, a Hedonist is someone that wants no commitments, no strings attached, nothing tieing them down. I had never heard of it either so googled it.
default_laugh.png

Good for you! They sound like really nice dogs and they were just waiting for you! Enjoy them! Lavonne

I don't have any pictures of them i am sorry. I only saw them the one time. It will be awhile until they come home because I have to get all that fencing done.We also have a gazillion feet of snow so won't be for awhile yet. These 2 look something like a border collie.

Sasha who is 5 has a lot of white hairs on her face like she is 15 years old,which puzzles me, she has some white on her back paws and I wonder if it could be roaning????

Her full sister is named Mia and is all black as I remember.

Thanks Mona I am going to go and have a look around the site.

My only concern is that I work all day. However so did the other owners and they are used to it. I would like to get them over April vacation so I would be there for the first 9 days. I hope I can get him to agree.

My daughter would come over and walk them during the day right now she walks them 2-4 miles a day plus plays get the ball.

I hope I am doing the right thing......

Thanks everyone.

P.S.

I think I am doing better. The sun helps. I actually went up to the barn for the first time in 5 months. It seems funny to see it a garage now with the van stored in it and no stalls. I have not been up since Larry got sick. I even had some energy this weekend and did some work around the place. My memory seems to be better also,you don't think of that being part of grieving but I couldn't remember anything the dr kept telling me it was normal but i was scared. Never was good at keeping track of dates and things but now it's very bad can't remember crap!

Oh Bonnie that is great. They came to you for a reason.

My two big dogs are in a wire kennel during the day while we are all gone. They have tons of blankets in there to make it their home. I never thought I would have 2 big dogs but love it. I can't wait to come and see them. Can't wait for pictures too!!!

Take care

Oh bless you Bonnie for taking them in- you won't be sorry! I love Belgians, though I have never had one of my own, I have always admired them! I think you will find them wonderful companions and they will keep you entertained as well, LOL

You are not crazy, you are just kind and caring and things happen for a reason!

Latest posts

Back