I am ECSTATIC to announce...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GORGEOUS!!!

Congrats!!!!!
default_wub.png

More pic's please!!

Would love to see what her colour looks like out in the sunshine! It is beautiful!~

default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

What about Destiny for a name?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amy, I just had her out for about 1/2 hour for Katie to get some grass, but I didnt have my camera with me!

I will take some outside pictures of her tomorrow.

She is already unfolding more, and I just love her more everytime I see her
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

She is drinking well from both sides now, and is obviously getting plenty as she has a milk moustache when she comes up for air
default_laugh.png

Katie is so proud of her and didnt like being outside with her, was worried about everything and keeping baby extra close..she is such a good mama

She's very beautiful, Congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing more pics of her!

Afew name suggestions: Adaya : precious charm of God, or Tamiko: beatuful child or Nayeli: means I love you in one of the Native American language

Just a few that are different
default_smile.png

Yeah Helen! I'm so happy for you. She is beautiful and being healthy and happy is just icing on the baby cake!
default_wub.png

CONGRATULATIONS! She is beautiful! She sure does look dun, and not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me or not, but it sure looks like she has stripes(barring) on her back legs in those photos!!
default_yes.gif

Hey Mona, She does have darker stripes across the backs of her legs, back and front legs...is that what you mean?

She also is a lot darker red almost brown on her head and legs than the rest of her body...

Dad is Chestnut, His Dam is Chestnut with definite dorsal stripe and his Sire is Buckskin

Mum is Grey, used to be black with black dorsal and darker legs, Her Dam is Grey and her sire is Bay...is it possible for her to have been Dun but the Dun greyed out with age? Mums Grandsire was Grullo...so it is there in the background on both sides???

This color stuff is confusing! I'm not fussed what color she is, Im tickled with her!!!

Oh Helen, I am so so very happy for you and Katie and "Stixette"
default_smile.png

She's a little dear, just like her daddy was, he will be so very proud of his very first offspring
default_smile.png

Keep us up with her progress as she grows, she's a very special little filly
default_wub.png

Brigid

Well, upon close inspection of her legs, she does have barring all the way down her back legs and behind her knee joints on her front legs.

Her head is also alot darker on the bottom half than the rest of her....I'll try to get some good outside pictures tomorrow, shes an interesting wee gal.

Still no poop from Katie
default_unsure.png
Vet here in the morning though so we should be fine.

What a darling girl she looks lovely cant wait to see her in person one day soon. What about "rising glorie" or "Miracles do happen" mirra for short lol

I like Brigid's nick name Stixette, I think it sounds super cute, but then again you know how werid some of my horses names are.

I still wouldn't worry about the no poop as long as she is comfortable otherwise. Im not even going to tell you how long I waited after having Casey. Its the last thing ya feel like doing.
default_wink.png

Well I bet for sure she is a dun then! It's hard to say which side it is coming in from though. I guess color testing will be the only sure way to know for sure. As for her bvibrant color at birth, I also wonder if it means your filly is going to grey out...I bet that is a good possibility, as most horses (if not all) that are going to grey out, are for some reason, born much more deep and vibrant in color.
default_yes.gif
So I'm thinking it's a good possibility. Again, since they now have testing for grey, you can have that answered as well.
default_yes.gif

The vet just left and has declared her "perfect"
default_wub.png
and is going to run the IgG today.

Victoria, too funny! I laughed out loud when I read your comment! The vet said the same thing, she will go when she is ready...nothing to worry about at this stage.

YAY, so now I can just relax and enjoy my baby!!!

New pictures to follow once I get them uploaded

Ok here are her updated pictures

I never realized how hard it is to take decent pictures of a foal!!! They are not very good but hopefully in a day or two Katie will have settled down enough to let baby explore and I will get some better ones.

What does everyone think about her color?

336453589.jpg

336453600.jpg

336453595.jpg

336456652.jpg

You can see her dorsal in this one...

336459816.jpg

and here you can see her leg barring, its also on behind her knees on her front legs.

She is so naughty!!! Not even 48 hours old and she was running away from her mama and causing Katie to have a nervous breakdown haha

Latest posts

Back