Huybers - Buffy's milk is at 6.0! This has got to be it!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't get the cam up
default_sad.png

Cam ok now -perhaps it was one of those storms going over again?

Not that Buffy seems bothered - she's still standing quietly!!
default_thud.gif

Keeping an eye on them today
default_smile.png
lets see that filly Buffy!!

My sister has come to my house in the hopes that tonight is the night. Sure hope it is. Her bag is nice and tight and warm, but she is not dripping milk yet. She usually does that a hour or so before she foals. And the wait continues

Congrats on your new colt. He is just gorgeous and really cant believe that Buffy hasnt foaled yet - you would think she could take a hint LOL

Hey Amanda, any new info on Buffy? She sure is dragging this out!

I think she likes being the center of attention. Her vulva is puffy, loose and a violent purplish colour today. Looks like mares usually do AFTER they foal. She's been kicking her belly a ton today. I've seen the little guy pushing around in the lower croup area (not sure the proper name) so he is trying to get into the spot he needs to be in. Her milk is skim milk coloured at pH 6. Tail has no resistance whatsoever. there's not much else needed to indicate a certain foaling but still she persists in staying pregnant. I just hope this isn't an indication that trouble is on it's way. The vet will be here on Wednesday to check her out if she's still preggers by then. I hope she's not but if she is I'll feel alot better if he can tell me all is fine. And so I continue to not sleep and watch her.

I'm with Diane, odd that she hasn't popped yet!

Can you turn her out and watch her? Some mares just don't seem comfortable foaling in the stables, maybe she's more likely to kick things off outside?

she was out 3 times today and I took her for a walk/trot also. She's just being so darn stubborn about this I dont know what to think. She's been at least 24 hours at the 6 pH. I know she surely should have gone by now.

Ugh Amanda, I know youve got to be exhausted! If you need a nap let me know I will be happy to watch for you. I dont know how she is holding on!

I see you are there with her at 3.00am Amanda, is she in labour? If so
default_pray.gif
for a safe foaling

5.00am and I have to go out now, safe foaling Amanda, I hope all is well
default_pray.gif

She's dripping milk finally. Looks like it will be a July 1st morning baby. She has never gone more than a few hours once she starts dripping milk!

Excellent news!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a safe foaling!

Ok, need advice, never have I had a mare drip milk and not deliever within hours. It's been 6 hours and she is standing there like there is nothing pressing she needs to do. Have you ever had this happen to you, did the mare have trouble foaling. I'm worried something is not quite right with this foal's position or something as she has tested ready for 10 days now and is dripping with no real signs of wanting to deliver

Latest posts

Back