Huybers - Buffy's milk is at 6.0! This has got to be it!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weerunner

Reaction score
Wow, I thought I'd have another 20 days or so before I had to worry over Buffy and Carmel foaling. But maybe not. Carmel had NO milk yesterday and today she has lots of bright yellow, slightly oily and sticky opaque milk. With all my other mares, when they get to the yellow stage I have about a week to go!! Carmel is at day 291, I wasn't even thinking of putting her on cam for at least a week, but I guess tonight is the night to start. I dont trust that yellow milk one bit. It's way too easy to go from that to the white, tacky stuff in just a short time.

So here's my link for all those that dont have it anymore.

http://www.marewatch...aminiatures.htm

I appreciate any and all watchers. This will be Carmel's 2nd foal and the first one was dystocia with one foot deflected back into the pelvis. I was there and got it fixed, but I know it woudl not have gone well had I missed it.

I'll take pics of belly and udder tonight. My head is still reeling that this is happening so fast. I know others have had foals in 298 days but I've never had one start yellow milk so early.

Oh Carmel is the pinto and Buffy is the appy.

Last edited by a moderator:
291days.jpg

SDC18621.jpg

SDC18626.jpg

SDC18627.jpg

Camera's will be going on tonight and off during the day unless I think she is very close.

Hey Amanda!! Looks like we can watch together! Katie is looking close too. I will be watching your cam
default_smile.png

YAY Amanda is back!!!
default_smile.png
how are you Amanda? it seeems ages since we were watching your lovely fur kids
default_smile.png

can we see some updated pics of your foals please?

you know I will be watching!! :D

Ok, Cassie and everyone else that remembers my babies. Here are pics of the March set of foals.

SDC18638.jpg

SDC18650.jpg

SDC18634.jpg

SDC18648.jpg

The little black one (Hat Trick) is sold and the buyer is going to take another foal, but she hasn't decided which one yet.

Look how they have grown!!

They are so cute! And still Fuzzy!!

This is a link to a video of Marcella and Prince Charming at a birthday party. They were the center of the party and they were so good. I was very proud of them both.

wow great video! I cant believe how much they have grown! they are all gorgeous!!
default_smile.png
girls standing quietly at 12:03am, how are udders and everything looking?

Love the video
default_wub.png
So sweet and well behaved!

Hey Amanda How is she today?

Yes, that is Lucas and he was totally smitten with Charming. His mom is considering buying him and his sister a mini or two.
default_smile.png

How are things looking today Amanda? Just tried to get the cam up but it wont connect - maybe this is because the girls are outside??

Yup, girl are still at the going outside during the day stage. Their udders are starting to fill nicely, but not at the hard full stage yet. We've got yellowish, slightly oily milk in both mares. I'm thinking a few weeks to go. I've got a overnight show this weekend, so sure hope they both hold on at least until I get home. Looks like I'll be ok.

Hey all, I'm off to a overnight show this weekend, so if anyone could just check in on my girls now and then, it would sure be appreciated. My hubby will be home but he will not likely be too keen on watching the cams. I'll be back Sunday night. The girls are making slow progress but I dont see any reason to worry about my leaving. They are at days 293 and 300 today.

Will do Amanda! Have fun!

Latest posts

Back