How much is this mare worth

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heart k ranch

Reaction score
How much is my buckeroo mare worth.

She's blood bay, 10 years old, and 29.5 inches tall, very correct and show quality

The sire

LITTLE KINGS BUCKEROO TIMES TWO

The dam

RANGERS HIGH SIERRA- goes back to gold melody boy

half sister to, alvadars double destiny

Last edited by a moderator:
JMO but I would price her for about $4000
default_smile.png

I dont see a pic showing up?? Im thinking you probably meant to post this on the miniature forum (this is the pony forum) Just keep in mind that price is very subjective
default_smile.png

I dont see a pic showing up?? Im thinking you probably meant to post this on the miniature forum (this is the pony forum) Just keep in mind that price is very subjective
default_smile.png
Yea I'm sorry I didn't mean too. :eek: .

I know the line '' The horse is only worth what someone will pay." I think I did that quote right. LOL

oh no need to apologize!! I bet if you ask a moderator they will move your post for you to the miniature forum and you will probably get more responses
default_smile.png

Conformation plays a major role, so pictures would help. The information you listed doesn't mean anything if the mare has poor conformation. I know you said the mare is show quality, but not everyone may agree with you.
default_wink.png
:

In my opinion, one cannot put a price on bloodlines alone. Even those top show horses can have pet quality offspring.
default_yes.gif
:

In my opinion, one cannot put a price on bloodlines alone. Even those top show horses can have pet quality offspring.
default_yes.gif
:
Well said :aktion033: I was only stating what I would price a Buckeroo mare with shoq quality conformation for
default_wink.png
: Nice age & good size
default_wink.png
: I would ask $2500 to $4000 but that is JMO
default_wink.png
:

Without seeing pictures, I'd say $500 - $10,000 could be realistic. There are horses I've seen people describe as correct and show quality that to me are pet quality and vice versa, where what some would call pet quality, I would be glad to take out and show. So, without pictures, no one can begin to form a meaningful opinion as to worth.

Hello! It's sooooo difficult to figure out a price for a horse when you want to sell it. You have to factor in all it's strengths and weaknesses and then check out what similar horses are selling for. That's partially why I like to cruise the saleboard, to see what other people are asking. If you ask too much, a buyer may opt for a similar, better-priced horse. Asking too little might also turn away some buyers who figure there must be something wrong with it!

If the mare is the one pictured on your website, I would say around $1500-1800. Pedigree alone cannot sell a horse generally... unless it's the "hot one" (such as all the siblings did well at Nationals that year).

If your horse or any of it's foals have placed at the National level or have HOFs, that may increase the price a little.

Just my opinion.

Andrea

Well I'm not wanting to sell her. BUT if someone offered me a good price. You bet I'll sell her.

She doesn't look good in those pictures but I think I have a resent one of her.

She has a small show record!! She's very correct and her head is very dishy!

000_0022.jpg

Picture is nothing that would tell me anything about the mare other than it's color. We are seeing mares advertised from $500.00 on up and I do think who owns them will make a difference of what the price will be and what a buyer will pay. We can check the saleboards for what others are asking but we have to know if they sold for that or not to really know what minis are bringing. You know what you would like to have for her but on todays market, I think a person has to very realistic if you really want to sell. JMHO Mary

How much is my buckeroo mare worth.

She's blood bay, 10 years old, and 29.5 inches tall, very correct and show quality

The sire

LITTLE KINGS BUCKEROO TIMES TWO

The dam

RANGERS HIGH SIERRA- goes back to gold melody boy

half sister to, alvadars double destiny

I would probably price her at $1500 and take offers.

Being from Buckeroo blood is nice, but there is A LOT of Buckeroo out there, and there are more bad than good....................BUUUUUTTTTTT I say that because people like to say Buckeroo bred, when Buckeroo is like their Triple Great Grandsire...............so that is unfortunate for Buckeroo.

I would probably price her at $1500 and take offers.

Being from Buckeroo blood is nice, but there is A LOT of Buckeroo out there, and there are more bad than good....................BUUUUUTTTTTT I say that because people like to say Buckeroo bred, when Buckeroo is like their Triple Great Grandsire...............so that is unfortunate for Buckeroo.
I agree, I would ask $1500 for her, Now that I have seen a pic
default_yes.gif
:

Seeing what things went for at the Heritage sale and reading the post after (that was removed) about the two colts selling for a few hundred dollars and considering just how overbred I personally think the Buckeroo lines are (face it...everyone and their second cousin has Buckeroo in at least one of their horses LOL...I do
default_wink.png
: LOL...I'd not pay more than $500 for ANY mini in today's market. Show records mean nothing to me at all, I'd rather judge the horse than it's record. I've seen horses with "show records" that would make you wonder if the judge was really looking at them. Wait 'til next year when the foreclosure market on houses is causing utter chaos with our economy...You won't be able to give away something as expensive as a horse (even a mini) Please don't take this as a put down on your mare....I haven't even seen her pics...I'm just talking about purchasing in general, watching the market and knowing the U.S. enonomy and what's in store with the housing market fiasco. There's people around here turning horses loose onto Forestry land because they can't afford hay :no: .

I honestly don't think this is the time to be buying new horses and that will have to reflect on the selling price.

Sorry I guess I'm asking a stupid question.

I would want to get my moneys worth out of her, I paid a thousand for her in bad shape so if someone came by and asked 1500 I would most likely take it. She is 8 months preggo BTW way.

She is alvadars double destiny half sister then the other side is Gold medoly (sp) boy on the dam side!

But sorry to waste all your time

Well, I think she's cute from what I can see! And I love the Buckeroo bloodlines. Definitely worth the $1500, especially if she's bred.

I'd not pay more than $500 for ANY mini in today's market.
Unfortunately, too many people think this and now no one can get the prices they should anymore....

Lucy

Latest posts

Back