Hi everyone! New to forum, no mare in foal tho.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok first pic! This is Penny. She is a mini appy filly, she will be a year old next month. So here is here story.... Mindy found this little girl and rescued her! She was skin and bones! FULL of worms and she would have died if not for Mindy! Her halter was left on and so tight that she still has a mark from where it was. It has taken a long time but she finally has a little meat on her bones now. Mindy did such an awesome job getting this lil girl back to health! Mindy has given her to me, so she is now part of my lil herd. This pic is her as a foal before she was so bad off. I think Mindy got her just when she was weaned at 6 months? Is that right Mindy?

Anyway, I don't know much about appys so can anyone tell me what pattern she is? Is she a few spot?

She still looks really bad cuz her hair is still so poor, but I will go out and get pics of her.

image.jpg

A few of Sunny taken about a month agobeach2012adleysylee 635.JPGbeach2012adleysylee 636.JPGbeach2012adleysylee 506.JPGbeach2012adleysylee 507.JPG.... he is a bit on the tubby side right now! lol

And the last two are of my sweet 23 year old TWH Blaze! He was also a rescue and was skin and bones when i got him. The lady had him and Red, Mindy's TWH in a dry lot pin and did not feed them grain or hay! SOOO mad at her! I dont even know if they had water. She would have killed them if she had them much longer. They where living on sticks cuz that was all their poo was. : ( Anyhoo they are happy and healthy now! : D

Oh my, they are cute! That little appy filly was a doll, so hopefully she'll pull out of it well! Thank heavens for Mindy! My Arab was the same way when I got her; it was not good. Luckily, she pulled out of it, but she was older. She's still paying for the previous owner's mistakes and she's 10. She has metabolic issues due to all the damage the worms did. I still love her and she'll always be mine!

Oh, and I think it's awesome that you've taken her under your wing to continue her care!

Yes, she was 6 months old when we got her. I don't know why she got so wormy and malnourished at her original home.... All of their other horses looked good. She was just so resistant to the chemical wormers for some reason, they were not working on her. They said they wormed her every 2 months.... I guess she just had a really poor immune system as a baby.

I can't wait to see the girls out their riding her when they all get big enough!

Your furry kids are gorgeous and very lucky to have found you girls
default_yes.gif

If "foal coat" she's showing as a "near fewspot" -- but I think when you show me her pictures without the foal coat -- she has so much white patterning, she may actually BE a fewspot! Beautiful!!

/monthly_04_2013/post-45209-0-59670100-1366989113_thumb.jpg

Viola, so glad you saved your mare too! I hope Penny doesn't have any problems from the worms she had, she still looks so poor in her coat.

Thanks Renee! : D

Thanks Diane! I will try and get pics of her soon. She is a mess right now! Lol

She is just about to be a year old and already about 34" so like mindy said I think she will be a cute riding/driving horse!

Well, don't let "being a mess" keep you from posting her pictures! We all have "messy horses" at some point -- and you KNOW I just HAVE to see the appaloosas. You're being a tease to Auntie Diane!
default_nono.gif

Lol so sorry Diane!!! I'm going to give her a bath today and get some pics for you! I know you love the spots!!! ;D

Its the time of year for the all to look like a mess, my yearlings are woolie messes right now. I have 3, two just look fuzzy (and a bit ratty), the third looks like he's covered in short little dreadlocks. The mares and boys look moth-eaten with their winter coats finally coming off in clumps. the weather is finally straightening up, so hopefully I can get back to work on everyone very soon. [As soon as I get the rest of the ice and water out of my flooded barn.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Chanda! It's that time of year when they all look pretty funny! Hate it! Lol

Here you are Diane!!!!! Pics of Penny!!! She is still a little wet from her bath, and she did very well for her first bath I must say!image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

WOW!! Your horses are just gorgeous!! Plus they are so very lucky to have found you and Mindy.
default_yes.gif

I love little Penny's colouring, she is really quite unusual and very pretty.

"Little" is not the word I would have used for it!! Lolololol That's the biggest headed mini I have ever seen! But she is a sweety!!

Thanks so much Anna!! : D

Lol Renee, mindy is right about her big head lol but YOU are right too that she has a sweet face! : D hehe

Oh and thanks for turning my pic! Wasn't sure how to fix it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Near fewspot -- 100% appaloosa color/pattern producer!! An appy breeder can't do better than this!!

Wow! Really???? I know nothing about appys so I had no clue! That's really neat! So if she was bred to a solid she would still have an appy foal? What about a paint? Would that maybe make a pintalossa? (Not sure how you spell that lol) I don't ever plane to breed but it's neat to know she is a sought for pattern!

So, Jessie...did you and Mindy go get that poor little girl that was on Craig's list??? That drove me bonkers worrying about her!! You two have some purty ponies!!

Wow! Really???? I know nothing about appys so I had no clue! That's really neat! So if she was bred to a solid she would still have an appy foal? What about a paint? Would that maybe make a pintalossa? (Not sure how you spell that lol) I don't ever plane to breed but it's neat to know she is a sought for pattern!

Yes, she'll always produce appaloosa coloring/patterning no matter who she's bred to. That's why fewspots and snowcaps are so sought after by appaloosa breeders. And yes, bred to a pinto, she'd produce some beautiful pintaloosas!!

Hey Amy, no we didn't get her : .( my husband said no, but I still was trying to find some way to get her. Lol. I worried and stressed about that little girl for two weeks, then they took the add off so there was nothing I could do then. Guess she sold. : (

Thanks for all the info Diane! Really enjoying learning all about appys, since she is my first one to have. Her mom and dad are both appys and AMHA registered but we didn't get any papers on her. She is already 34" so I think she would grow out of AMHA papers anyway. If I was a breeder I could hardship her in AMHR, but I'm SO scared to breed minis! Lol

Back