hey all you watchers of Venus

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope they let us know what position the baby was? and filly or colt?

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:
default_wub.png
: :saludando:
They need to hold us up a sign! Bet they didn't realize that birth was seen all over the country!

PHEW!!!!! That was intense. Congrats to Venus and all who helped!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I kept trying to look around that butt in my way :lol: :bgrin

Glad to see everything is Ok, That sure got my heart going fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I am so glad everything is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if I could only see a picture of the very popular filly or colt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:

Ok, now that the drama is over... did anybody else notice the lady in the pink/purple shirt is barefoot? HAHA :bgrin

OMG!!! I was so scared something bad happened. It was my first time watching one of these, and almost a tramatic experience. That does it, my mind is made up!!! I don't ever want children of my own.

I pray that both momma and baby will be healthy and have a fast recovery.

Ok, now that the drama is over... did anybody else notice the lady in the pink/purple shirt is barefoot? HAHA
Yes I did! Ouch.....hay can give you a good jab now and then.

Ok, now that the drama is over... did anybody else notice the lady in the pink/purple shirt is barefoot? HAHA :bgrin
Yeah, I noticed that earlier. LOL. I'm just so happy everything seems to be doing okay. Mom is up, Baby has been making attempts. Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl, but I have to go check on my own right now.

Holy crap! That was hard!

We have a filly, bay, a big one.

Venus is tired and vet gave her banamine.

The baby presented with the foot upside down.

We called vet immediately.

She was here in 10 minutes.

The head was back, one leg was back, and she was upside down.

It took everything the vet could give, along with my husband in there pulling to get her out.

And I mean everything.

The vet says she's glad the camera has no sound because she was swearing!!

Mom and baby will be okay.

A HUGE thank you to backwoodsnanny and scoopiedoo for coming here. They came to visit the other baby we had today and Venus went into labor. They stayed and offered moral support. Jodie jumped in the stall with Sarah to help.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Thank you for the update! Congrats on the new baby girl, she is a real cutie!

congrats on the new filly! you must have had a few angels on your side today! I think we are all glad mom and baby are doing okay! and greatful you left the cam on so we could see and learn.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH A FILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad mom & baby are doing ok!!!
default_wub.png
:

I would have been swearing too!!!!!!!!!! Talk a bout STRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Oh Tracy, I'm so very thankful everything went good. It was so gut wrenching to watch. You're so lucky to have a vet that got there so quickly. So happy you have a wonderful filly and a healthy momma!

Maybe when you have a minute, just tell us what the Vet had to do to change the postition?

Would help us in the birthing, if this ever comes up.

Thanks in advance.. :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheeeeeeewwwwwwwww

Could you get the mare to move a little more, it would make me feel better, she is just too still. I know, she went through a lot, but get her to wave or something.

The vet told me what she did, but you know what? I was too stressed to let it absorb. Sorry.

Vet said to let them rest so we got out of there and are watching on the camera.

I don't know how much you guys saw. They had to pull pretty hard!

Vet held her upside down when first out. She wasn't breathing at first.

Labor was about 40 minutes total I guess. I know when it started but I didn't look when it stopped!

Just wanted to thank you for allowing us to watch and learn during your expereince. Some of us have never gotten the chance to experience a live birth (and now I'm sure I don't want to
default_yes.gif
: ). But I can actually experience the first steps, first nurse, etc via your web cam. What a wonderful thing to see...it makes life seem full of beauty and worth living. Congratulations!!!

Latest posts

Back