hey all you watchers of Venus

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutly could not breath the whole time. Was never so happy to see the end result in my life. Gotta think of a good name for that one.

WOW I missed it all !!! I've had the cam open on my desk top and then toggling back and forth between the cam and WORK....dang it! I got busy and forgot to check the cam....and I missed the hubbabaloo-----

I went back and there was a wee one in the stall :new_shocked:

Figures LOL...the one time I can actually SEE someone's webcam and I miss it....*sigh*

CONGRATULATIONS - on your filly !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: :aktion033: That was amaaaaaazing!!!! I have been watching Venus also along with my two mares..so she is 'kinda' like family. I am so happy things came out well....that was intense, cannot imagine how you all felt...I was also on the edge of my seat..ranting and crying like a total lunatic.. What a blessing you have, aagain, I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU(((HUGGIES)))) :aktion033: :aktion033:

WOW I missed it all !!! I've had the cam open on my desk top and then toggling back and forth between the cam and WORK....dang it! I got busy and forgot to check the cam....and I missed the hubbabaloo-----

I went back and there was a wee one in the stall :new_shocked:

Figures LOL...the one time I can actually SEE someone's webcam and I miss it....*sigh*

CONGRATULATIONS - um is it a colt or filly?
default_unsure.png
:

Almost the same situation here! I can actually SEE this webcam, and I check on this mare almost daily while I'm at work, each time expecting to see a foal.

Today, I had a meeting and missed the whole thing.
default_frusty.gif
:

Congratulations!
default_wub.png
: :488: I'm glad both mom and baby are doing well.

I missed it too
default_sad.png
,.....My girls dont have school today and they took over the computer,.....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Glad everything turned out ok.
default_yes.gif
:

I semi hear what the vet said.... She had to sedate venus (she said she was tripping on LSD) and told me to cover her eyes... i bet venus saw her poop grow legs and watched them walk away!!!!!!! LOL

The vet said that venus was fighting everything she was trying to do, so after she went to "sleep" she shuved the baby back in and turned it right side up. The fillys head was tucked in (like a bull dog). She got the seconde leg out that was tucked up by her sholder and pulled on one leg to reposition her sholder blades back and forth to agust her head and get it in the birth conal. It took my fit daddy and stronge vet to pull as hard as they posibliy can. besides the point her head was quite big. Venus was very tight. I belive that was all she said/did...

I love my venus... im going to go talk to her!!

P.S. I was the one with no shoes, hate shoes, plus i cant think with them on...

Sarah

BY THE WAY I LEAVE FOR FL IN 11 and a half hours.... :aktion033:

Barefeet was Sarah.

Typical for her. And everybody here gets upset.

Not recommended.

I'm sure we all have the same question: how were you able to get the vet over so quickly???? So glad it turned out well!

Liz R.

Wow! :new_shocked: I missed the whole thing because I was at work, but going through and reading all the posts made me feel as if I was right there watching the whole thing! LOL

I'm so glad both your mare and new filly are ok! :aktion033: She's a cutie!
default_wub.png
:

Vet is 10 minutes away. Called as soon as I saw the foot in the wrong direction. She "unhooked" a mare she was working on at the office and jumped in the truck.

I had called them earlier and the receptionist said no vet was in. When labor started I looked at Jodi and said, "We're screwed if we have problems."

She said, "No you won't. We'll go in!"

Jodi tried to go in, but it was too tight. Knowing what I now know about the foal's position, there was no way we could have done it.

I am so grateful that both mare and foal are alive.

Baby has pooped and have heard her sucking as she looks for the faucets. Sarah is out there now holding her up to be sure she gets all she can. I can hear the sucking and it is bringing tears to my eyes!

Venus will let Sarah do anything!

Poor thing has a swollen eye from getting crud in it while thrashing around on the floor. Vet said cold cloth it but I think they may need to come back out tomorrow.

The filly is not perfect, but let me tell you-- I don't care one bit. I am just so grateful!!

Thanks again to Nita and Jodi!!

congrats filly is so cute

Glad all went well for you and your mare and foal. :aktion033:
default_wub.png
: :aktion033: what a rough day

sounds like alot of forum members had a rough afternoon along with you.

I was at work so i missed the whole ordeal. But it was neat to read the play by play.

Lori

My dear Lord, I am reading this thread like a movie and praying for the best and man o man a sweet baby! Congratulations to one and all! Tracy job well done! Aren't Nita and Jodi something special! I saw her on the cam sleeping. Whew! Just sweet, she'll need a heck of name! and how nice you have 2 at a time and they can be friends! More pics soon, get some rest!

It was so ironic really We have minis here as well and dont have anyone ready to foal yet so have watched Venus pretty regularly especially while Tracy was in Nova Scotia but also off and on for over a month as many of you have. My daughter Jodi and Tracy and Hillary have been on IM several times over the last week just comisserating. When I read Tracy's post about the other baby I couldnt believe it. Jodi was on the computer with her and Tracy said why dont you guys come out and see her so we did. We came up from the other barn and went to see Venus within just a couple of minutes Venus hunched and I thought Well I think this mare may be in labor. Watched her breathing and thought yep shes in labor. It was 7 minutes from the time her water broke until the bubble appeared and at the time I was thinking this may not be good its taking a long time progressing. When foot appeared it was upside down and Tracy immediately called the vet. Jodi and Sarah went in to see if they could get in and see what was going on. Jodi said she has never felt a mare this tight and the decision was made to get Venus up if they could and keep her up not as many of you know an easy task when everything in the mare is saying lay down and push. God Bless them for keeping her up once Jodi knew she couldnt get her hands in. This story would have had a much different outcome if they hadnt. Vet who came is in my opinion one of the best and has very small hands but she couldnt get in either due to the terrible mal position. She ran to the truck and got Venus some meds to help her literally twilight through what was to come. Venus did wonderfully given that she was in la la land. The rest is sort of history as they say. The reason Venus just lay there was because she was twilighted and for sometime couldnt have gotten up if she wanted to. Kudos to Sarah and to my own Jodi for keeping cool heads and doing what needed to be done and to Tracy for calling as soon as she did. Congratulations on a job well done. Also if any of you want to see a live birth almost from beginning to end go to Tracy's site and she has a live birth from last year that you can watch.

OH MY GOODNESS! I missed all of it. I'm SO glad everyone was able to get the filly born and saved Venus too. Nita and Jodi are Angels! (Love those ladies!) What a good vet you have. Good friends, good vet, good hubby. Lucky you! Congrats all around!

Venus is doing well. Baby is not. She isn't able to nurse. We've tried the bottle and she can't suck effectively. The vet tubed 50cc of colostrum into her this evening.

Venus is worth her weight in gold.

I was afraid, as Nita was, that the labor was taking too long once it started.

Nita and Jodi are underestimating their contribution. Their presence alone was extremely comforting. Having all those heads together was priceless

Jodi and Sarah did everything they could. They were incredible!

I was going over everything I'd ever read in my head and hoping the vet would get here soon. And feeling helpless.

Thanks should also go to my husband who helped pull with the vet.

And the vet was fantastic.

When I move, the first thing I am going to check into is where the best equine vet is and move as close to them as I can.

I saw you in there (was it you?) with the baby across your lap trying to feed her with a bottle. And you and Venus talking together and looking at the filly.

She's in my prayers and to ALL of you I send a big HUG!

Tracy, How is the baby this morning? Did the vet think the sucking reflex would come yet? Does she walk and move ok? Is the camera frozen, I've looked for the last few hours and no ones moved? Praying for your filly, little thing deserves good now that she got out alive. Hugs to Venus.

Latest posts

Back