He's Here!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I name my new stallion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said before you need some help, for both you and your horses. A five year old has no business having a stallion. You are older now but can still get hurt. You want people to think that you know what you are doing. Your pictures of ropes dangling around your horses are dangerous. You say that your 23 inch filly doe not like the stallion. I doubt if he will care if she likes him or not. Have you ever heard of a silent heat? MRM people do not want to hear about you or your horses getting hurt. Grow up listen to all the good advise and get some help. If the people who sold you these horses get on this forum they are probably cringing and wishing that they had not sold you these poor horses.

My question is: if you just got him, why isn't he in quarantine? He should not be close to your horses at all for at least ten days.

Another "old hag" who is crabby from being on foal watch...

we dont quarentine and he came with a recent vet check and current coggins. thats good enough for me.

As I said before you need some help, for both you and your horses. A five year old has no business having a stallion. You are older now but can still get hurt. You want people to think that you know what you are doing. Your pictures of ropes dangling around your horses are dangerous. You say that your 23 inch filly doe not like the stallion. I doubt if he will care if she likes him or not. Have you ever heard of a silent heat? MRM people do not want to hear about you or your horses getting hurt. Grow up listen to all the good advise and get some help. If the people who sold you these horses get on this forum they are probably cringing and wishing that they had not sold you these poor horses.

um, all the people i have bought horses from saw my property and my website and they all think i take really good care of them because they are all healthy, freindly and in good weight.

we dont quarentine and he came with a recent vet check and current coggins. thats good enough for me.

Then you are an accident waiting to happen!

I have a daughter your age and if she behaved the way that you did I would have taken away her computer privileges by now!

Maybe it's time that mom was enlightened on her daughters behavour. This is the phone number on MRM's website. Already posted for public viewing. (207)730-3867. Anyone in her area feel like calling and giving mom an update. I know I'd want to know if my daughter was behaving in this manner. Not just that but I'd want to know if my daughter was doing something dangerous. If her parents really know nothing then they wouldn't know if she was in a bad situation to start.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a daughter your age and if she behaved the way that you did I would have taken away her computer privileges by now!

well i'm not your daughter so i dont really care.

only the LB forum could take something happy like getting a new horse and turn it into a street fight
wacko.gif

Maybe it's time that mom was enlightened on her daughters behavour. This is the phone number on MRM's website. Already posted for public viewing. (207)730-3867. Anyone in her area feel like calling and giving mom an update. I know I'd want to know if my daughter was behaving in this manner. Not just that but I'd want to know if my daughter was doing something dangerous. If her parents really know nothing then they wouldn't know if she was in a bad situation to start.

lol thats MY cell number! and my mom knows what i'm doing, she sees me doing it and doesnt care! i really think that you all need to mind your own bussiness!

YOU are making it our business. I for one though am putting you on the ignore list from now one. You are behavouring too over the top for me. My parting advice is grow up before you get injured. Best of luck.
yes.gif

YOU are making it our business. I for one though am putting you on the ignore list from now one. You are behavouring too over the top for me. My parting advice is grow up before you get injured. Best of luck.
yes.gif

i really dont care what you do.

Nobody is trying to turn anything into a street fight. They are appalled at your lack of manners and good judgement. People who have children are thinking what on earth is going on that your mother thinks you know so much. You say that your mother doesn't care. She will care when you have a huge vet bill . She will also care when you get badly hurt or worse yet killed because you fail to take anyones advise. I know it is very hard for you to believe because you are a teenager and one of those special people who know everything and make no mistakes. Everyone on here wants to give you advise. They have years of knowledge and can see the writing on the wall. Why did you have to get a stud? You would have been much safer and better off with a well trained youth gelding who could have taught you something. You need to keep your stallion away from your mare and learn how to handle your horses. Looking at the pictures on your website. Do you know how long it takes for a horse to break a neck or leg tangled in a rope ? Not very long. But i forgot that could never happen to one of your horses.

i really dont care what you do.
I tried to be nice and help you...But your "attitude" on here tells me you are either a spoiled brat OR a kid that her mother doesn't give a sh*t if her daughter gets hurt or not...If my daughters would have talked to caring adults (who were just TRYING) to give you SOME GREAT ADVICE, they would have been taken to the proverbial woodshed for some "attitude" adjustment.You DO NOT seem to have any respect fo anyone..What DID your mother teach you???..Your replyes on this forum tell us you are very immature in your thinking...I don't care how "nice" this stallion is NOW, what your doing with teasing him then taking him away is NOT going to help with his manners...your making a DANGEROUS stallion no matter how big he is...I ALWAYS TOLD MY GIRLS "IF YOU DO SOMETHING DANGEROUS AFTER I TOLD YOU NOT TO, AND YOU BREAK YOUR LEG, DON'T RUN CRYING TO ME"...do you get the message?

You said your mother has read all of this and AGREES, I highly doubt that...If she did she's as foolish as you are...And don't think for one moment your horses can't get tangled up in those ropes..I have seen a 20 year old gelding ( who had been tied out for YEARS)break his neck after being spooked by something...so don't you ever think or say it won't happen...A little girl was heartbroken because her parents were stupid...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to add a comment on quarantine, for those who are reading this and looking for information. Many equine illnesses have a incubation period of up to two weeks. I believe Strangles might be one of them. EHV also can take a few days to show. A horse may appear perfectly healthy, but is harboring a incubating illness. FYI, the human common cold has an incubation period of about 3 days. Chicken Pox is about a week, I think. Anyway, a health certificate just certifies that the horse appears healthy at that time. His temp and breathing, gums etc appear healthy. There are many vets who issue health certifs without even taking a temp or listening to the lungs. In order to protect the health of my existing horses, my vet recommends an incubation period of two weeks. The dogs are even prevented from sniffing the new horse as the saliva from the new horse can easily get on the dog's fur and then the dog goes and says hello to your other horses.

Bringing two new horses into my barn (they were body clipped) during one winter, caused illness in about 15 other horses and $13,000 - yes< THIRTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! - in vet bills. Of course, I didn't need to call the vet, I could have let nature take it's course, but I would have had at least 2-3 dead horses and lost foals. Don't ever think this will never happen to you, it can and will. Oh, I also fed those horses last and used Purel afterwards. They also had health certificates and negative Coggins. They came from a reputable breeder, who I don't blame at all. It just happens.

Oh, I heard a quotation in church Sunday that the forum readers might enjoy.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid." ~ John Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back