He's Here!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I name my new stallion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Molly's Run Minis

Reaction score
My new stallion, Tiz 2 Mr. Big Stuff, is finally here! he gave me some trouble when he first got here and saw the mares but he quickly settled down and is VERY well behaved, even when misty showed to him! he was able to even eat from the same hay pile and ignore them! he has such a nice head and neck and i cant wait to breed him to misty next year!(if the vet clears her for it) pics of him are on my website under Stallions and Other Photos. i need help choosing a name for him so please make a vote in the poll before he thinks his name is boy, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your new boy - its always exciting to add a new mini to the herd
default_aktion033.gif

can anyone tell me what color he is? he has dappleing, so i'm thinking dappled grey but not sure

My new stallion, Tiz 2 Mr. Big Stuff, is finally here! he gave me some trouble when he first got here and saw the mares but he quickly settled down and is VERY well behaved, even when misty showed to him! he was able to even eat from the same hay pile and ignore them!
I am going to offer some un-asked for advise. If your yearling or 2 year old mare (I forget which) is showing heat to your 2 year old stallion and you are letting them eat from the same pile of hay, you are asking for trouble.
default_new_shocked.gif
Even if she is not currently showing heat, they should not be together unless you want her bred. Be careful.
default_unsure.png

He's silver dapple. Silver black, to be more exact. Not grey in any way, shape or form....
default_smile.png

8285879.jpg

And I agree with Songcatcher...

Do you realize you can have a pregnancy resulting as soon as right now? I thought you were going to keep him separated in his own field and barn from the mares?

Please go retrieve your stallion from the mares hay pile immediately and put him in his own space before its too late.

As far as his name, I'd call him T_ _ _ _ _ E and you can fill in the blanks.

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Crabby Old Hag

I am going to offer some un-asked for advise. If your yearling or 2 year old mare (I forget which) is showing heat to your 2 year old stallion and you are letting them eat from the same pile of hay, you are asking for trouble.
new_shocked.gif
Even if she is not currently showing heat, they should not be together unless you want her bred. Be careful.
unsure.gif

oh no i dont have him in the same fence, lol! i bring him in there and hold him by a rope. she is my 2yr old and she's showing major heat and flirting like i've never seen her do before, but he listens to me and even if he didnt i'm just a foot away, lol. she'll be bred next year to him(if the vet says she can handle it).

Do you realize you can have a pregnancy resulting as soon as right now? I thought you were going to keep him separated in his own field and barn from the mares?

Please go retrieve your stallion from the mares hay pile immediately and put him in his own space before its too late.

As far as his name, I'd call him T_ _ _ _ _ E and you can fill in the blanks.

new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

Crabby Old Hag

you people need to chill, i know what i'm doing and i'm not stupid. and please dont insult him! he's the best, most well behaved stud i've ever had, until i got him i thought all studs were phsyco, but he changed my mind
wub.gif

I'm sorry, but quite apart from whether he is a 'good boy' or not, what you are doing is, in my opinion, an accident waiting to happen, with yourself or your animals being injured. Why do you have to take him into your girl's field to eat hay at all? It seems extremely unfair to expose a young stud to a tesing filly, and then expect him to wait until next year to do any covering! He should have his own space well away from the girls, and time to settle down into a new home and routine.

Anna

Many stallions are pleasant until they have their first breeding... and then the hormones get involved. Which you would know from all your experience with stallions that you say you have had. Again - people offer their concerns and advice and you just snap at them. "You people" are not the ones who need to chill....
default_no.gif

I thought your vet had already okayed your mare to be bred? Didn't you start a thread about that a while ago?

*confused*

I'm sorry, but quite apart from whether he is a 'good boy' or not, what you are doing is, in my opinion, an accident waiting to happen, with yourself or your animals being injured. Why do you have to take him into your girl's field to eat hay at all? It seems extremely unfair to expose a young stud to a tesing filly, and then expect him to wait until next year to do any covering! He should have his own space well away from the girls, and time to settle down into a new home and routine.

Anna

i do that because he has a show june 26th and i want him to get used to being around mares and not freaking out. i dont want him to be one of those studs that everytime they see a mare they flip out with rearing, striking, squeeling, etc. no offence, but i think i know him alot better than anyone on this forum and i dont think he could hurt me that badly. i dont let him get close to her rear, he can sniff noses and seems fairly content with that.

Many stallions are pleasant until they have their first breeding... and then the hormones get involved. Which you would know from all your experience with stallions that you say you have had. Again - people offer their concerns and advice and you just snap at them. "You people" are not the ones who need to chill....
no.gif

I thought your vet had already okayed your mare to be bred? Didn't you start a thread about that a while ago?

*confused*

no my vet says my mare is maturing the way she should. she hasent been cleared yet and i dont want to breed her when she's two. i'm not snapping at people, but every time i say something about stallions or breeding everybody freaks out on me and its very annoying. also, i dont like people insulting my new horse.

ETA: all the stallions i had had never been bred.

Actully I have been around stallions for 50 years now - riding, competing, and breeding, and I always say that it takes a year to get to know a stallion and two years to earn his respect enough to form a real partnership.

No-one is insulting your new boy. I for one think he is very nice and I love his colour. Did you say how he was bred? (sorry but I haven't read through all the posts here)

Anna

Actully I have been around stallions for 50 years now - riding, competing, and breeding, and I always say that it takes a year to get to know a stallion and two years to earn his respect enough to form a real partnership.

No-one is insulting your new boy. I for one think he is very nice and I love his colour. Did you say how he was bred? (sorry but I haven't read through all the posts here)

Anna

thanks. his paternal grandsire is sweetwaters crimson connection, his maternal grandsire is tyrospot patch. he also has Bond Sir Galahad, Sweetbriars The Crimson Cricket, Fykes Red Baron, Ohios Little Toy, Komokos Baby Jane, Komokos King Tut, Ohios Red Lady, Ohios Tiny Tim, Bond Pippin, and Wantsley Ariel.

Thank you too - I obviously knew about Patch, but could not remember the rest of his pedigree - good luck at the show!

Anna

no my vet says my mare is maturing the way she should. she hasent been cleared yet and i dont want to breed her when she's two. i'm not snapping at people, but every time i say something about stallions or breeding everybody freaks out on me and its very annoying. also, i dont like people insulting my new horse.

ETA: all the stallions i had had never been bred.
Then you have NO breeding experience with stallions. None. ...

Nobody "freaked out" on you. People were concerned about you teasing a young stallion and maybe the potential for your mare to kick him or vice versa. And if the advice and concerns of others are annoying to you - then you have a very long way to go...
default_no.gif

You do tend to snap at almost everything anyone says, MRM... you ask questions and yet all you want to hear are the answers you think are right. Nothing more. No concerns, suggestions or advice from people with far more experience than you. You know better. People try to help and you don't want to hear it. You even went out of your way to insult the mini people in your area... so you must understand that many will look at some of your comments with a lot of skepticism.

A little humility and "chill" would serve you well. Just my advice...

BTW - having him sniff around mares he will be living next to will not prep him for the chaos and excitement of a show - with all new horses and all new surroundings....

Then you have NO breeding experience with stallions. None. ...

Nobody "freaked out" on you. People were concerned about you teasing a young stallion and maybe the potential for your mare to kick him or vice versa. And if the advice and concerns of others are annoying to you - then you have a very long way to go...
no.gif

You do tend to snap at almost everything anyone says, MRM... you ask questions and yet all you want to hear are the answers you think are right. Nothing more. No concerns, suggestions or advice from people with far more experience than you. You know better. People try to help and you don't want to hear it. You even went out of your way to insult the mini people in your area... so you must understand that many will look at some of your comments with a lot of skepticism.

A little humility and "chill" would serve you well. Just my advice...

BTW - having him sniff around mares he will be living next to will not prep him for the chaos and excitement of a show - with all new horses and all new surroundings....

i have quite the ammount of mini horse friends in my area and everyone that knows me personally knows that i am a nice person but i dont take crap and stick up for what i believe in. what does it matter if i have no breeding experiance with a stallion? a stallion is a stallion, period. i have been humiliated plenty in my life and thats why i dont take crap and i dont "chill". i snap at everyone because whenever i ask a question about breeding i'm hit with "youths shouldnt handle stallions" "you shouldnt be breeding youre just a kid" and yeah, it annoys me a little.

look, i dont wanna fight with anyone. i just came on here to announce that my stallion has arrived and to show him off a little. if i knew this would happen then i wouldnt have posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back