Help with Harness Fit?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minirocky

Reaction score
Here is the first test-drive in the Comfyfit Harness I purchased. I have to say, I love it!!

1620357_10100764510272563_1609418590_n.jpg

I ground drove Mac in it a bit. I just wonder, what do I need to fix on it? I'm pretty sure I didn't get it on the first try. ;)

What I am noticing is that the surcingle/belly band seems like it is right up on the front leg instead of being about a hands width from the front leg.

I wondered about that. I'm used to girths, not actual surcingles, but I thought to myself it might go there. I'll move it back.
default_smile.png

good for you!! breeching is close, hard to tell not hooked up, but i would be sure to loosen it a bit too--get a hand in between. also, i usually end up with the front neck strap a hole lower than the back one--with your mini in draught, make sure there's not too much downward pressure on his neck--that has to do with your line to the singletree. easiest way to test is to have someone put their hand under the neckstrap when he's in motion, and feel how much downward pressure is going on. you don't want a mini with a sore neck!!! good luck--i have that harness in the camptown version, wait a minute, 3 of them!, plus two pairs collars, and i LOVE the collar fits.

Thanks! I think it's pretty loose, but his hair is so super fluffy you can't tell. But I will double check.

I do love the collar, it's so nice! :D

Absolutely I will be photographing again, maybe today or tomorrow.
default_smile.png
I wish it was a Myler, it's a knockoff from National Bridle. He works in it well though.

Latest posts

Back