Hello :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubiesladie

Reaction score
Hello All!

I have just recently joined the forum. I have been looking around a bit, and wanted to say there is some great information on here! Thank you to everybody who asks questions and to those who respond with their knowledge!

I have not been a mini owner for a long time (less than a year). My friend started showing me how to show last year with her stud, Leap of Faith Gambling Mans Good Luck, Lucky. It was quite fun.

I now own one of his last foals, CM Gambling Mans Fancy Glimmer. She is not quite 2. We are showing some local open shows, in halter, showmanship, and in hand trail!

Her first show was last Saturday, and all things considered she did quite well! We did bomb the showmanship, and pretty much the halter too, but I thought she did really well on the trail pattern, even though we "flew" over the trot overs!

Anyway, thank you for allowing me into the forums, and sharing your information!!

Have a great day!

WELCOME!!!!
default_smile.png

It sounds like you're having a blast with your filly! I'd love to see a photo of her
default_yes.gif

I will see what I can do! She is my profile picture, but I am sure I can find a few more
default_yes.gif
One of your foals lives just down the road and around the corner from her !! Roko Lotto Promise of Freedom .

She is such a cutie! I too am a new mini owner, and have to agree with you that this is a great location for research/information. I look forward to watching your progress with Glimmer, and if you have a question (no matter how silly) ask! I was able to work things over with my guys just by "talking" it over with people here. Best wishes!

Thank you everyone! She is not perfect, but I love her. She has quite the personality! We definitely have fun! Thank you again!

Welcome from NJ
default_saludando.gif

Your girl is very pretty

and it sounds like your having a blast with her

this forum is truely a weath of knowledge

we have been breeding and showing miniatures since 2003

and I still have tons of questions from the really experienced people on here

always willing to share with us

Welcome from Pennsylvania! So happy that you have so much fun showing. Your mare is a doll!!!

We show mostly in halter.

Does most everyone here show?
I use to show big horses - eventing and show jumping

I am getting into miniature showing for the first time this year. My first experience will just be with halter so I can get my feet wet and learn what to expect at these shows. Plus my boy has already shown since he was a yearling so I have some catching up to do.

We will eventually get into liberty, driving and jumping. Right now he is in training for driving; not sure what style yet still trying to figure that out.

Thanks everyone! It is nice to find a place where there are still nice people!
default_thumbup.gif

MiniNHF I just started showing last year, my friend is teaching me how. It is fun, when I forget to be nervous.....

So far I think the in hand trail is my favorite. Showmanship would be fun too, but I can't get the graceful part down to save my life... hahahaha. Anyway I bet you will do great!

CMC Do you show more geldings, mares, or stallions?

Eagles Ring Farm Wow! How many foals have you bred, and kept? I would have trouble selling them, I get attached to easy. How many mini do you have? I would love to have some land where someday where I could keep a few, not to breed, but just to adopt a couple who need homes.

Back