Hello from southern Connecticut

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrie Wind

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 minis and board a third. We carriage drive and are successful pleasure and CDE show competitors. The mini pictured here has Cushings disease and has a very large personality! She is also very good in the dressage ring and fast in cones. We love trail driving and sharing the fun of driving with some adult students who take lessons here at my farm. Glad to have this community to share and learn from.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1684158139111.jpg
    FB_IMG_1684158139111.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 0
Welcome! What a beautiful mini! I also do carriage and am just getting started in CDE's.

Welcome @Carrie Wind ! What a lovely little one, and a neat set up. I'm very excited that you've joined. I personally am just entering the world of CDE with our mini mare and mini donkey. I'll be following along the adventures you post. I see that you've opted for a breast collar harness with a low line of draft rather than a collar and hames set up. It seems that this is more personal (pony) preference than a hard set rule by what I've seen around the community. I have much to learn.
Sending greetings from Alberta, Canada - the great "white" north (currently white with smoke from forest fires, not snow)

Welcome @Carrie Wind ! What a lovely little one, and a neat set up. I'm very excited that you've joined. I personally am just entering the world of CDE with our mini mare and mini donkey. I'll be following along the adventures you post. I see that you've opted for a breast collar harness with a low line of draft rather than a collar and hames set up. It seems that this is more personal (pony) preference than a hard set rule by what I've seen around the community. I have much to learn.
Sending greetings from Alberta, Canada - the great "white" north (currently white with smoke from forest fires, not snow)
I hope you are far away from the fires.

Welcome! What a beautiful mini! I also do carriage and am just getting started in CDE's.
Thank you! This cart is a Bellcrown, light yet sturdy to take on marathon courses at Prelim. level and also trail outings that often are quite roots or rocky. Best of luck to you in your driving journey!

Thank you! This cart is a Bellcrown, light yet sturdy to take on marathon courses at Prelim. level and also trail outings that often are quite roots or rocky. Best of luck to you in your driving journey!

Welcome @Carrie Wind ! What a lovely little one, and a neat set up. I'm very excited that you've joined. I personally am just entering the world of CDE with our mini mare and mini donkey.

Hi there Canadian comrade! So sorry about the fires there! Be safe. I do use a breast collar as I feel the fit is better and looks more appropriate on a 35" equine! Lightness is a factor as we go good distances at a trot/canter. Good luck to you.

HI! Sometimes we make the haul to White Memorial in Litchfield. Lovely place to drive. Do you go there?
I go to White Memorial several times a month, year round....but to walk. Although I've had minis for years, I've never learned to drive. Three weeks ago, I purchased a new mini and he knows how to drive, so I guess it's time I learn. If/when I feel comfortable driving outside my property, I'll give a shout out. For the meantime, enjoy White Memorial, it is a beautiful place to visit.

Latest posts

Back