Hello!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wings

Reaction score
Hello all!
default_saludando.gif

Newbie to L'il Beginnings so I hope I've put this topic in the right place!

Got recommended here after I drove a few people nuts with endless mini talk, I think they felt I would fit in around here?
default_laugh.png
I've done a bit of lurking (already followed Suzie's thread now to read Peanut's!) and it looks like a lot of fun!

I'm in Australia and I've been keeping mini horses for about 5 years now, showing for 2 (about to start my third season) and breeding for ! So I still consider myself a newbie to all this but thankfully I've been mentored into the whole showing/breeding thing by some awesome people. My stud is called Marlanoc and will soon have a website up.

Last year I foaled down my first mare, I purchased her in foal and out popped my little Derby who will be shown this year as a yearling gelding. I have 5 mares due this year as well as the first foals from one of my stallions!

I won't introduce everyone or I'll be stuck writing this all day but I'll put up a few.

I have a 7 year old chocolate taffy/silver bay gelding paddock named Baringa. He was one of the original minis to start this craze and has been a very supportive show partner for me to fumble around with.

steampoweredmini.jpg

I have two stallions, one is a 5 year old Buckeroo lined palomino who has dominated two show season. His name is Pallidon, he has two foals due this year and they are his first. My other one comes home this weekend, Tinker is a 10 year old with show experience and he has put some amazing foals on the ground, sadly I have none by him this year so I have to watch everyone else who does! Tinker is sired by a favourite stallion of mine over here, Roys Toy Snippets Silverado.

palli.jpg

2331e1e0.jpg

The horse in my avatar is Dreamy, a little mare I showed for someone else and then was lucky enough to buy in foal this year. I couldn't work out which of 'the boys' to use so I decided to use one of the 'the girls' instead!

And finally my adorable almost yearling Derby. My first foal, my first 'totally from scratch' trained horse. I don't think I need to describe how much I love this foal to anyone who has raised their own! I'm not sure there are enough words to use!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Derby.jpg

So thats a bit about me and my mad mini herd!

Welcome to the forum from Ireland. You have some gorgeous horses there and I love your 2 stallions they are so handsome.

Derby is such a cutie in his winter woolies.

So whats your name and what part of Australia do you hail from?

You will enjoy this forum especially the foaling threads as we have all gone a bit nutty with all the waiting and waiting lol

Hey and thanks! I'm pretty fond of my lot as well!
default_biggrin.png

Well in my day to day life most people call me Bree, half my friends and just about everyone online calls me Wings so I tend to answer to either of them! I'm down in Victoria which needs to be renamed Mudland. Most of my horses are a very non interesting shade of brown right now
default_thumbdown.gif
Can't wait for us to go back to summer!

Looking forward to joining in on the nuttiness! Seems to be a fair bit of nuttiness hangs around with these shorties. Do you think we can blame them for it?

Hi Wings,

Welcome to LB from the mountains of East Tennessee, USA.
default_saludando.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Bill

Thanks Bill, happy to be around here! So much mini focused information. It's brilliant!

...and a big welcome from Washington, The State, USA.

Nice herd of kidlets you have there.

We are being nicely represented on the LB Forum by Down-Under mini folks.

Enjoy!

Hi Bree
default_smile.png
I love your Mini's!! how cute!! your stallions are stunning
default_biggrin.png
I think you should definitly leave Mudland and come and join us here in NSW somewhere close to me I think we would have lots of fun together
default_saludando.gif
default_biggrin.png

well you already know me from Suzie's thread lol still can't believe we have 140+ pages on here LOL
default_yes.gif

Suzie has many Aunties and Uncles who look after her for me while I sleep, LOL

when are your mares due to foal? and I hope you will be setting up cameras so our little 'group' can be watching them!!
default_yes.gif

talk to you soon

Cassie
default_laugh.png

Thanks Nancy, yes in my lurking I noticed a few of us Aussies hanging around!

Hi Cassie, I'll pass that on to the boys. They tell me compliments are like food and if I, or someone else, doesn't tell them how lovely they are once a day they will fade away to nothing. Or roll in poop. I think they might be telling stories but I'll humour them.

My first girl is due to pop 1st of September, followed by one on the 24th of October and another from the 4th of November onwards. The other two need their dates calculated by the person I got them from by they will also be in the October/November/December area. Who needs sleep?

Wish I could rig up some cameras! Be nice to share the watching around! My girls foal down in the paddock, they are very much paddock minis and only a few of them even like the stables. So I strap on their foaling alarms, watch their signs, milk test and trek on outside a lot when we are close!

I will be taking lots of photos and sharing them on here though so everyone can follow along
default_biggrin.png

Welcome! I am new around here too
default_smile.png

I love your stallions and pictures!

default_saludando.gif
Hi wings and welcome to this great site you will learn lots and the people on here are fantastic

Iam in perth wa and i too have 2 tiny toys in 1 glenrowan from victoria.

WELCOME to the forum!
default_saludando.gif

I'm happy to meet you and I enjoyed seeing your horses! I'll be looking forward to seeing you posting in the future!
default_aktion033.gif

Robin

Thanks everyone! I look forward to bumping into you all on the other threads. I'll certainly have more pictures once summer hits and I have horses instead of yaks to photgraph
default_new_rofl.gif

Lucky Lodge who are your Tiny Toy boys by? Might have some siblings to my Tinker with you!

Hello and Welcome!! Sorry I hadnt noticed your post. I couldnt help but notice your handsome black and White stallion...jeeze I thought at first I read that it was a mare I was all set to bring my stallion to her....Hes handsome as they come....I love him and the horse in your avatar is pretty special too.look on page 168 I think your stallion looks a little like mine!!

Hello and welcome form Italy Bree
saludando.gif
Your horses are gorgeous, I can't wait to see the rest.

Thanks everyone! I look forward to bumping into you all on the other threads. I'll certainly have more pictures once summer hits and I have horses instead of yaks to photgraph
default_new_rofl.gif

Lucky Lodge who are your Tiny Toy boys by? Might have some siblings to my Tinker with you!

This is tiny toy dust me in red MARE

sire ''roys toys snippets silverado

Dam; tiny toy baby dusty

2sants7.jpg

This tiny toy snippets saffire MARE

Sire:roys toys snippets silverado

Dam' Baruba blazing sapphire

4hryid.jpg

Hey Little Ribbie. I saw a pic of your boy and did a double take myself, quite similar!

Little Lodge I love the Silverado bubs! He sure does stamp them!

Thanks Eagle
default_biggrin.png
and thanks everyone for the lovely welcome and the compliments. I've passed them onto all the horses of course. Must admit I'm enjoying checking out everyone's websites, great to see so many other lovely little horses from all over the world!

Latest posts

Back