Heidi.....being a prankster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mary did that happen this year...goodness I'd a died seeing that. I had so much fun here ( well we didnt have a foaling thread ) during my first...laugh, boy did we laugh. I am so bummed out that my little foaling season was over before it started this year....I was so looking forward to the camera again. Cant complain 2 healthy babies here and still enjoy the other foaling threads!!

It sounds as though everything is going famously for the new baby Heidi - by the way you must stop calling it a HIM (check your posts!), thought you said there was no willie. LOL!!

You did exactly the right thing as soon as you found Peanut had foaled, plus the letting them out straight away instead of waiting days certainly seems to have worked - remember how crazy Peanut went last year with all her rushing about tiring poor Cam out! The little GIRL'S legs will soon strengthen up with a few days of outside time - hope the weather hold up for you. Naughty Miss Peanut or should I say Princess Peanut, she surely is a protective Momma. LOL!!

Cant wait to see some pictures.
default_yes.gif

Thanks Anna,

Im so enjoying this little Filly play hide and seek this morning with PNut. Momma just wants to enjoy her hay and this little one wont let her( I swear I saw her stick her tongue out at Momma as she went charging past he...ha ha you cant catch her ) ...running all around and poor PNut. Its all pretty remarkable the change these foals make in just 24 hours.

PNuts baby still unnamed!! hint hint

Well we really need some good pictures before we can suggest any names! Hint hint!! LOL!!

There better be some pictures coming from hubby's office tomorrow! Or NO NAMES will be coming to help you from the Aunties! LOL

I've got more!!!!!!!

20130511_001236_resized.jpg

Look how tiny. The feed dishes are only 13" off the floor and she can walk right under them!!

Picture3.jpg

I think she should be named "Delicate Delight" !!! This one's my favorite!

20130513_083448_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Renee for posting them, I will send a few more in a bit thank you sooo much. Been a little hectic around here moving horses around to all get equal playing outside time and also getting them all out on the yard for a bit to eat some grass.I sure wish I had some of the grass that I see in other peoples photos....yes the grass IS greener on the other side!!

The middle pic is not very clear but its cute b/c she just wanted PNut to get up so she could have her first drink!!

Omgoodness!!! I've sworn off breeding or getting another pregnant mare because of the stress, but pics like this *almost* make me change my mind!!

Hi Diane, thank you too!! you are wonderful. Skiff just told me the feed dishes are a little higher than 13 in....oopppss most likely hung at 16. But she is a little pipsqueek. Shes just so much smaller than Sneeker it will be a bit before I can get the 2 together. Her legs are much better today but I think she will always toe out some in the back..who knows. Heading out to give them their last run on the good grass but will try to get more pictures in a bit, Thank you

I've had several foals born at 16" and they are such a delight! This little one is sooooooo feminine!

Her legs will be just fine with exercise, and your farrier can do a little corrective work as she grows to keep those little legs straight. A good farrier can help these little ones grow straight and strong!

Oh she is just so precious
default_smile.png
I really am mad at you girls for dropping them so fast though, I was soooo looking forward to seeing your antics
default_smile.png

Here's one of the cute little boy, Sneeker!!!

20130513_083528_resized_1.jpg

I tried to upload the cute little video but it wouldn't let me. I'm sending it to Renee, so maybe she can do it.

Last edited:
You can send it to me if you like Diane, I'll post it up as Renee will be in sleepy land right now
default_smile.png

OH MY GOSH!!!!! talk about complete opposite from last foaling for Heidi, lol go from months of watching and waiting to not even being able to watch a day LOL
default_thud.gif

they are both absoloutley gorgeous! and could be twins! soooo cute! love your new little ones! thanks for the piccies!
default_smile.png

Thanks..the wheezing and knowing there was water in there is why I called...just wasnt sure if i was getting it all out...I was petrified.

When vet left last night he suggested baby stay in stall for about 48 hrs and the very least the first day b/c his legs were still not really under him, pasterns were up but his hind legs were still pretty weak and cow hocky looking. This vet hasnt been out here in a while and I dont think he realized I had a smaller paddock just for the youngsters so I did let them out today. I have heard both ways..keep them rested ( vets ) and let them get out and stretch ( Anna ) this is the one time I went with the forum Aunties and Im glad I did!! She wasnt as "kicky and charging around" as Cam was on his first day but i think it was good for her. Just wish the witchy PNut would lighten up and stop pushing him away. She will not let him off her shoulder or out of the crook of her neck....Very Very protective. I will let them out in the pasture or halter on PNut for a walk around the grass to graze a couple more times today and tomorrow then her legs should be should be good to go. Looks like it might rain..I worry more about the heat than anything else.
I followed Anna's instructions with Finn as he was quite down on his pasterns (much to my friends disgust let them out.) and his back legs are great now! when I go home for lunch I'll find some pics to show you the difference
default_smile.png
I'm sure she will be fine!

gosh they are both sooo mega cute

How's this for crooked?

Eva's colt 7.jpgEva's colt 8.jpg

Then at 1 week old...look at how long the toes are at only 1 week.

Eva's colt - 1 week old - 3.jpg

And about a month or so later with a hoof trim and clip...

Martini - send 3.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, thanks Diane...hey, there you are Cassie..i was wondering where u were!! You know I too am missing the fun we had but catching up with all the new mares has been fun too. I honestly think it was less stressful w/Cam...we were like a family and all so close it was great. Now, we are still close but there were no cameras to help. Just wham bam thank you...help!!!

Im exhausted from changing pastures al day and friends invited me over for a little get together which I kept saying no no no finally hubby insisted so I went...he promised to kkep an eye on horses b/c I didnt want them over heating. good thing I went, the party was for me..a little baby shower...so nice of them...even had a little wine. Have an 8 oclock teeth cleaning in the am so im going to go get under the covers. thank you again and Cassie, if you can post it...wonderful but please dont worry...i think its a total of 4 sec...wasnt even aware what i was doing.

Latest posts

Back