Heidi.....being a prankster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my word...can you tell Im tired....I thought that was Finn...I wasnt paying attention... Cassie mentioned photos and I thought....no wonder it looks like "Dianes little one"...pulling pillow over my head now!!

haha that little foal does look alot like Finn LOL just darker

I'm going home for lunch (so over work today :/) I'll put the pics up then for you
default_smile.png

here is the video so cute! http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/cassie_king1/media/20130513_162935_zps829564b7.mp4.html

thats nice they threw you a baby shower... am I guessing correctly that the baby shower was for your new little filly and colt?
default_smile.png

yes I know I dissapeared for a few days sorry... we just got all new printers at work, and I have spent the last three work days installing 12 new printers across our two stores and making sure the computers are working correctly... on top of that my work emails haven't been working (finally got that fixed today... phew) I have till the end of this month to finish my course so been madly doing that, 1 more subject to go... also getting Suzie ready for the show this coming weekend and to top it all off my stock horse Smartie gave us a big scare yesterday afternoon :/ we are so very lucky. I'll tell the story more when I go home for lunch another 15 minutes
default_smile.png
hopefully things will start settling down soon... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting Cassie as you said I was fast asleep. lol

Great video Heidi, now we know you can take them how about a longer one
default_yes.gif
just email it to Cassie or I and we will upload it for you
default_thumbup.gif

Here is another pic od Holly's colt
default_smile.png

peanut3.jpg

Finn is just too darn cute!! Thanks Renee, I love that picture with Skiff..he loves to scatch the babies hinies!

I know this is a foaling thread but seeing as your all are Cams aunts...quick question about him. Hes only a month shy of 2. Do you think its safe train him yet for just light lunging. ( 15 min walk trot , a couple times a day ) Of course first few days will just be a walk until he gets the idea with a few standing stll thrown in for good measure! .My round pen is only 50ft. so the circle might be too small (tight) for one this young. your thoughts are appreciated

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
New pics from Heidi
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
The first one is Sneeker then we have little Miss Noname
default_smile.png

holly and sneeker.jpgpeanut5.jpgpeanut6.jpg

As to your question on Cam, I personally wouldn't lunge him in a small area yet. He is still young and growing so I would keep it to in hand work in a straight line but that is just how I do it. They get a bit carried away on the lunge line when they are learning and you wouldn't want him to take of like a looney putting stress on his shoulder and tendons. I am interested to hear what the others think though
default_yes.gif

Thanks Renee, Im thinking you are right...perhaps if my round pen were bigger and he wouldnt be running in such tight turns we still have lots of other things we can work on. Again, thanks for your honest opinions. 1stpicture of course is holly and sneeker the 2nd 2 are Lady ( barn name...dont know name yet ) shes filling out quickly and doesnt seem as frail as she did...she doesnt have a snip on her nose like sneeker does but all else is pretty close. Just found out that nick's ( true black pinto ) is a red/sorrel roan pinto and so is hollys Mom..perhaps those genes wanted to visit...no roaning though. Her legs have inproved a million times..still have some toe out going on but my understanding is many foals do. like Diane mentioned a little farrier work will help.....hes due out in a week and 1/2 so Im sure he'll be fine till then. Could you refresh my memory..foal heat?...will that cause baby loose stools and what do I need to keep an eye out for as far as baby health during that time. Neither mare will be breeding next year. thanks

I agree with you Renee and would avoid any lunge line work until later this year or even next.

Love the recent pics Heidi - yes they do make a great pair dont they, very cute too!
default_yes.gif

Did you by any chance give your girls a dose of ivermectin wormer soon after they foaled? If so then it is possible that the babies will cope with the Momma's foaling heat without too much trouble. If not and they do get the scours, then just keeping them clean plus a little vaseline smeared on their little behinds will keep them from getting sore.

Yes Heidi, did you worm the mum's within 12 hours of foaling? If so the foals shouldn't have a problem with the first heat. If not as Anna said get your vaseline ready
default_yes.gif

Thanks you Anna...didnt remember the dates but did remember worming ( i was in such a frenzy seeing hollys baby up and out and staring at me I didnt remember until someone was reminded on another thread ) BUT I did not use Ivermectin..I used Safe Guard...should I now give them a small dose of Ivermectin...oh cripes!!

Meet Daddy Nick
default_smile.png

Heidi's Nick.jpgNick.jpg

I think only Ivermectin is the treatment that kills migrating larvae in the mammary tissues of the mare, thus removing the immediate source of infection for the foal but Diane or Anna will confirm.

Looks like Im off to T. supply to get some ivermectin just in case diane or Anna tells me its safe to worm again, thank you. Im sorry to be keeping you awake..shouldnt you be sleeping

Heidi, dont bother with the extra worming - it does have to be ivermectin and it has to be given within 12 hours of foaling. As you used Safeguard, you really shouldn't be worming with something else so soon - I would just worm them as usual according to your normal programme when the time comes. You can use the safeguard (or the remains of it) for the babies once they get to 4 to 6 weeks.

Heidi I think you can come up with a better name, Lady is far too normal to be in your barn. Lol

Thanks Anna...Im not feeling anything as far as names go, Renee...jeepers I havent even felt the baby yet...PNut is such a bratty girl. Actually I have held PN and MADE her let me touch the baby and shes getting better but nothing like Holly

Yes we all know Peanut the Princess, don't worry she will be begging you to babysit in a week ;)

Latest posts

Back