Have you gone to a political rally this year?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onlyminis

Reaction score
Hubby and I went to a rally last Sunday, we were late arriving so had to stand outside and watch on a big screen, BUT, this brought us a bigger advantage, we got to shake the canidates hand! We got to watch the reaction of a huge crowd outside, the building of the excitement, the camradirie (sp?) of the crowd! We watched the building of excitement, watched the people talk and get along. Before he even arrived we noticed all the secret service and bomb sniffing dogs, watched the excitement with people thinking they would meet the the man they'd chosen beforehand. Then we heard him speaking, so jogged over to watch him speak on the big screen. Hundreds of people watching intently, taking in every word.

I happened to look over and see the Secret Service checking people with metal detector wands and letting them into the "rope line", grabbed hubby and ran, we got in. We got to see it all, the huge rush of excitement, the cameras, hear the roars. Then Senator John Mccain came out to greet the crowds. He made his way down the line, shaking hands, thanking people and looking them all in the eye. Taking a moment with each, making it a personal moment for them.

This was great for us, especially for hubby who is a true fan of a war hero. For me it was a wonderful moment to meet a true hero of our country.

But today was even better. Today we went to a rally and got in in time. It was overwhelming to see the pride in all there to be Americans, to be free to be there and express themselves. The ticket for the day was to include Senator Mccain and Govenor Palin, along with Gretchen Wilson performing (now you know hubby was going to love that!) But along with them were Cindy Mccain and Todd Palin, and Willow and Piper. Oh, and Lee Greenwood showed up and sang.

I'm proud of my state for how well they've welcomed both parties, but I've got to tell you I have a special place of pride in my heart for these people today. They are ALL well spoken, quick witted, sharp, and IN MY OPINION honest on what they want to do for the party. The overwhelming POSITIVE feelings were wonderful, I did NOT see sneering, see negativity, see rudeness. Ok, yes, there was the wack job woman behind me that would not SHUT UP, she was one of those fanatics that was trying to preach about Obama being a terrorist. Trust me, the "stink eye" a few of us gave her SHUT HER UP! Sorry, I wasn't there to hear her opinion and I think people like that harm both parties. I was there to hear the canidates speak, and they did it well.

I'm not a "blind" republican, in fact I'm voting for a few democrats on the local level, they hold the true needs in mind in my opinion.

But, IN MY PERSONAL opinion, John Mccain is a healthy, good man that has our true needs in mind. Cindy Mccain is a LADY in all ways, and stands behind her husband. As for Sarah Palin, you can mock her all you want, I personally see her as a straight shooting SMART woman that shoots from the hip, a quick learner and NO ONES PAWN. I honestly think she scares insecure woman, and I sure didn't see any of them there today! And you can mock her all you want, she does NOT have that "silly" accent so many want to "tag" her with. I really think she cares and has a great future.

BTW, we were lucky, we got into the rope line for this event also, shook all their hands and looked into all their eyes. They were personable, had good handshakes
default_smile.png
Took a moment with everyone and made me proud.

Oh, and no it would NOT be what would sway my vote, but my heart just melted when Piper handed me a sticker, now she is a CUTIE!

So, have you gone out of your way to meet your canidate? Have you had the chance.

bb

Good Morning,

Yes! I have gone to several......My husband and I volunteer for the John McCain campaign, so we go to quite a few rallies/town hall meetings/campaign stops. Whether or not you get to meet the person, it is a very neat experience. we were lucky enough to meet the Senator several times, (once years ago on his first run for Pres.), along with governor Palin this past week. It is really neat.....and a wonderful experience. I find the Senator to be very gracious and humble, and I do believe he has this countries best interest at heart.

I do have friends who have gone to Obama rallies......and they have just as much fun.......like you said, doesn't matter who you vote for, just get out and vote and if you have a chance to go to a rally.......go, as it is an experience you will not soon forget.

I have not had the opportunity to attend an Obama rally, although I would love to do so. I'm so happy for you that you had such great experiences. They will be memories you will always treasure. Don't we live in an amazing country!?!
default_smile.png

Unfortunately I found out too late that Sen McCain was visiting a city about 30 miles from me. Would sure have tried to go if I'd known about it before he was gone. Sounds like you had an exciting experience....good for you!

I'm very glad to hear that there was none of the baiting, shouting and misconduct that we viewed on a video a few days ago!!

Latest posts

Back