Has anyone else put up their Christmas tree?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos Ranch

Reaction score
I had been saving money for a couple of horses and my yougest son asks me something about what they're getting for Christmas. I mentioned that the money I had was for the horses, their dad's money would be the Christmas money. To which he says "you always have money for horses or horse things" but not us.
default_wacko.png
default_sad.png

Well, that hit me in the right place because the next day my husband and I went to Wal Mart and dropped 300. on a big 7 and a half foot douglas fir Christmas tree, two bags of decorations, and lights. We came home and got the tree up before the kids got home, but didn't get it decorated. Good thing they all went to the homecoming game cause that gave me time to decorate it before they got home again.

They were sure surprised when they came in and ooohhed and ahhhed over the tree. I told them I have a feeling this is going to be one of our best Christmas's ever.

Marty, I thought of you when I was decorating the tree, and I was sure to use some of the decorations you sent me last year. Thank you so much for that.

I even went down to the firestation and decorated our tree down there. It's a white tree...hard to get past the green on the lights in a white tree.

Anyone else have thier Christmas tree up yet?

Yes, I have my tree up, but it isn't decorated yet. I will be doing that tonight!
default_smile.png

I decorated my house last Tuesday. I was working from home that day and it was a VERY slow day at work, so I put up all of my house decorations, except the tree. The tree went up Sunday night, and I haven't had a chance to decorate it yet, but I will tonight. I just decorating for Christmas!

I am hoping to get my outside decorations done this weekend too. I don't do a lot outside. Just a couple of rope trees and and a small horse and sleigh, and a couple of light-up window decorations.

I love Christmas!!
default_wub.png

I have had my tree up for 3 weeks (just lights on it so far) jumped the gun a bit.
default_rolleyes.gif

Wish I could put a tree up, but with 8 cats/ think they are kids/ we cannot put one up. We raised/ bottle fed these kids and they think they are human, so no luck with a tree. Daisy chases the blinky light tips round and round and up the tree, Buttercup and Patches climb the tree so they can jump out and pounce on someone going by, BooBoo likes electricity so he wants to chew the wires, Roscoe knocks the ornaments off and plays soccer with them all over the house, Meester starts meowing/ screaming/ tattle telling that somebody is messing with the tree. PopTart chews on the tree, I hate cleaning the kitty litter after that. AND FINALLY- Smokey is the only good one, he just wants to lay under the tree and enjoy it.

So we have stockings for all 8 cats but we have to hang them from the ceiling, ha ha ha ha

This is a picture of Smokey last year. I had to take it because it looks like he just ate Santa Clause!!!!! and has a OH YEAH, THAT WAS GOOD look on his face.

HPIM2527-1.jpg

No tree for us this year either. Reasons.. My DS is 19 ...goodness... where did the time go, really do not have the room in the small house and the three cats ranging from 1 year old to 6 months old. One would steal any ornament she could reach and put it behind DS bedroom door, other would climb it and swing around.... well.... you get the picture. <LOL>

But I do have a garland over the fireplace, with fir cones on it.

fireplace.jpg

I was thinking about getting a small "Feather tree" to put on the dinning room table, though.

Nope not yet waiting for the 4 day Thanksgiving holiday to cart the 10 boxes of STUFF up the basement stairs.

Yep we have ours up! We have always had the traditional green fluffy triangle shape tree every year so this year when I saw the goofiest looking tree I had to have it!( It made me smile and it made my heart feel good! (I know thats sappy but it did!) It looks like a real tree! Kinda scraggly, charley brown looking, goofy thing that you can see each branch( and the window/wall behind it!! LOL)! Hubby looked at it and said.... ahh.. ok.. thats our tree? I said yes and doesn't it make you smile!! he said Yep it definately does that!!! LOL!! So I had a plan of all natural things on it and I put berry garland and a couple bird nests, stuff like that and put lights on like you'd do to your out side trees...soft like. I love it!! It makes me happy! LOL!
default_wub.png

Leya

Ohhh yeah...I put a tree up in every room of the house, from small to large, and I usually start the day after halloween. I do have all the trees and decorations up except for the family room tree, which is a real one and I dont put that one up until the day of my birthday..Dec 1. I just got a early xmas present from dear hubby, he bought me a new computer system, witch is loaded and has a ton of memroy (something I seem to be lacking lately!) and as soon as I get my camera downloaded into it I will post pictures. I didnt do no where near as much decorating outside this year..I just had a hard time, since that was something my brother, who passed away in April.. and I always did, with Bob (hubby) putting up all the blowups. I did go out to the cemetary a few weeks ago, (its a few hour drive from our home) and decorated the plot.. I am sure Lance is looking down and thinking to himself.."she just dont give up with all that x-mas sh*#" Now, I get to go and start decorating other homes for the holidays. My favorite time of the year!

Hi Kim!
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

Wow! It sounds like for the first time your family is going to have a really nice holiday season. Good. You all have had so many hard years, you all deserve it. I am so happy for you all. We get a real tree every year so nope, I don't have one yet. I'm thinking maybe Dan and I will go next weekend maybe. We never take the HUS because he's terrible. He'd make us buy a little Charlie Brown tree and Dan and I like to go BIG!

Connie, you crack me up........

Corrine, pictures please!

Yep,put ours up the week before Thanksgiving. I have 10 cats in the house and they love the tree :love I got up on Thanksgiving day and one was sleeping in the tree all sprawled out on the branches
default_new_shocked.gif
I haven't decorated it yet, but I will again be using all plastic ornements this year!! At least its prelit.

We aren't doing a tree this year. We are going to be doing some remodeling so it will just be in the way. Plus it's just me and hubby and no visitors this year so it would be kinda pointless.

The girls and I got ours up today and everything decorated!
default_aktion033.gif

Ours will go up as soon as i get the first batch of gifts wrapped to put under it
default_smile.png
. Which is...sometime next week im guessing. Whats a tree without an gifts under it???

My dog, Sassy, gets her own little tree, its one of the 3 foot tree's...it goes on the center of the coffee table. When i get a weekend free im taking her to petco to pick out her christmas presents, her middle name is "Spoiled"
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No tree yet, but a friend of mine picked up my Christmas present to myself, that I already put out in the yard......a lighted sleigh and horse!!!!

Nope, not here and we own a Christmas tree farm!
default_rolleyes.gif

I have to say business is brisk, we are usually not this busy so early.

Our will probably not be up until Christmas eve.

just cut ours today....in the freezing rain....
default_wacko.png

Probably won't be up for a couple of days now....

~kathryn

Have been off work, so I got ours up the day after Thanksgiving and the next day. I usually put the monster up, but I just am not up to it this year. We have 3 artificial tress, the monster tree, the nice tree, and the okay the tree is up tree... This year it is the "okay the tree is up" one...pitiful looking...Took me almost 2 days to do it.
default_no.gif
But it is done.....Art says its beautiful, Donnie says nice job mom, but I know they are disappointed and wanted the monster tree....(they like to play with the train set that goes under the tree). If I get to feeling better, maybe I will take it down and put up the monster..

Okay the tree is up, tree...

IMG_9265.jpg

IMG_9266.jpg

The monster tree...The angel is not on the tree yet in this picture. Donnie and his family were coming from Fla. for Christmas and it has always been his job to put the angel on the tree..

2006xmaswithDonnie-kendra-valory009.jpg

Here in Ohio, they aren't kidding about the changing weather! Here is a picture of our first customers on Thanksgiving day, then one from today. Funny, nobody wanted to cut a tree today, they wen for the pre-cut.

FirstCustomers.jpg

FoggyDays.jpg

Latest posts

Back