Hardshipping A Gelding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourluckyhorseshoes

Reaction score
Hi-

I recently read on one of the posts that AMHA was closing their books in 2013. Does that mean geldings cannot be hardshipped in ? I would like to get one of my geldings registered but $200 seems like a lot of money right now and he isn't showing and we don't have any rated shows in the area where he is. Also can someone post the link to the AMHR Hardshipping page? I couldn't find it and I was wondering how much it cost for R. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

In AMHR it also costs $200 + actual registration cost. I wish the price would cut in half for geldings, I really do. In AMHR the books are closed unless you are hardshipping a AMHA or ASPC horse.

I am not up on the AMHA whether they are closing their books or not but the AMHR does allow hardshipping of horses previously registered with either the AMHA or ASPC in which case you would need to hardship into the AMHA first anyway. For AMHR the gelding must be 3 years of age at least. You can find the actual cost of hardshipping on the Work Order page on the AMHR website. You do need to factor in the cost as well of having a judge and steward come to view and measure your horse to enable him to be hardshipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
AMHA 2013 is closing hard shipping
default_saludando.gif

No exceptions and have till the end of 2013

Just talked with registrations dept at AMHA

So good Luck might be a good ideal if interested to do it before the dead line.

With AMHA closing their books, I would register NOW. In the greater scheme, $200 is not a lot of money when considering the value and options it offers the horse.

While you do have to have the horse measured by a director for AMHA, once he is AMHA registered, you just have to fill out an application with AMHR and send with 4 photos and the approriate fee. You do not have to get an AMHA horse measured for hardshipping into AMHR.

Check with AMHA to find the director closest to you or you might be able to find one going to a show close to you.

As for price, put the entire price together with what you paid for your horse, if you would have paid that for him as a double registered horse, then go for it. If you don't think he is worth the price, then don't worry about. It all comes down to if you think the horse is worth the money.

I might be wrong about the cost, but when I looked into registering a AMHR gelding into AMHA for my grandson I thought I read $600. and thought it was too much. Am I wrong, cuase 200 is more resonable.

It is $200 to hardship a gelding into AMHA.

Hope you got all your questions answered; however if you live in the Raleigh NC area as your profile states there are actually 2 AMHA Rated shows in your area. One is April 12-15, 2012 in Williamston NC. The other is June 22-24 in Raleigh at the State Fairgrounds facility. I can help you if you'd like to email directly at [email protected]. I am one of the AMHA Directors in your area.

Latest posts

Back