Happy Appy Acres - Sugar **colt 5/2**and Cheerio angel filly 5/10

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol Both her nipples look like that. They have a crease in them. When I feel them for milk it's like I'm feeling 4 nipples.

Lol and I thought it was the wine
default_smile.png

Anyone ever see a nipple like that? I was wondering if it was going to be ok. She has 2 white ones on the right and 2 black ones on the left. They really aren't 2 separate ones on both sides, more that they are grooved to look like 2 per side.

I have everything in place now, just waiting until they are a little closer. I have bandwidth caps on my internet so I have to watch the live streaming a little. I have them on cam now in the house but it's an ip cam so no internet use. The one I have streaming to marestare is the internet one.

ok no worries
default_smile.png
thanks for letting me know. I hope they are a good girls and wait until they are on marestare cam before they show their babies
default_smile.png

they look awesome!

I've never seen the nipples like that either and I too, did a double take and went back and looked at the udder pic... I bet when her milk comes in, it will round out just fine, then go flat as nursed. Wonder if it will return to this "double nipple" grooved look after baby is weaned? Now that will be interesting to follow!

Can I ask about your hay feeders? The one with the "short mesh sides" - did you build that? If so - what is the mesh material & dimensions? If not - who did? And can you show another shot of the "cover" on your hay ring? Sorry - I'm always looking for a way to feed hay that is economical and EZ, too, as I feed round bales and try to have not too much waste (goes up and down!)...

they look awesome!

I've never seen the nipples like that either and I too, did a double take and went back and looked at the udder pic... I bet when her milk comes in, it will round out just fine, then go flat as nursed. Wonder if it will return to this "double nipple" grooved look after baby is weaned? Now that will be interesting to follow!

Can I ask about your hay feeders? The one with the "short mesh sides" - did you build that? If so - what is the mesh material & dimensions? If not - who did? And can you show another shot of the "cover" on your hay ring? Sorry - I'm always looking for a way to feed hay that is economical and EZ, too, as I feed round bales and try to have not too much waste (goes up and down!)...

The short

mesh sided ones started out as pallet containers that I got off a business in

town. We cut the sides down to the height they are now. They have feet to keep

them off the ground. They are totally mesh on sides and bottom. We ended up

finding steel sheets of mesh that we have made tops out of. The mesh is about 2

inch squares. I will measure the width of them but the height will be hard

because they are frozen into the mud right now. As for the large round bale

feeder, I use slow feed hay net, large sized that we put over the bale before

putting into place. The "house" is just some 4x4 posts about 8-9 feet

high with a steel roof put on top. We put 3 walls and one door on the top so

that blowing snow and rain wouldn’t wreck the hay. The door side is where we

put the hay in, needed to open to move the bale. We also have an old round bale

feeder with the feet cut off. I had it so just used it instead of building a

wall on the bottom. On the bottom of the 4x4 posts I have a platform so that

the hay doesn't sit on the ground. It also makes it easier for the minis to

eat. It works great for us. Have been using these feeders for a few years now.

I took some quick pictures today.

Mar 15

DSCF3146_zpsb3d03076.jpg

Mar 11

20130311_155147_zpsea298ec2.jpg

Feb 24

pregnantgirls2013016_zps88ace98c.jpg

She is relaxed on the croup now.

DSCF3152_zpsf280529c.jpg

DSCF3140_zps463343ee.jpg

mar 11

20130311_154950_zps645efede.jpg

Feb 24

pregnantgirls2013004_zps330ff5e8.jpg

DSCF3142_zps39e79a33.jpg

It's neat to see the progressing of the bellies!

Well we have changes today with Cheerio. She has dropped more and her udder is about 2/3rd way to full. That is good for a maiden. She went off her grain this morning and not overly excited about her hay. She is outside just laying in the sun resting. She is day 306 today but I can't see her going another 2 weeks if she keeps at this pace.

Sugar looks to be in no hurry, little udder and nto a lot of movement on the body shape changing.

From your latest pictures I would say that Cheerio already has her baby in the correct position and could be producing any time! I dont think Sugar will be far behind either. I suggest that you start checking the colour of Cheerios vulva daily from now on to give you that last minute vital sign - she could easily fill the remainder of her udder as she foals so dont necessarily rely on that to tell you that she is close.
default_yes.gif

I was lucky enough to finally have the camera with me when the baby was moving. This is Cheerio's belly after she got up from laying in the suneshine sleeping. I am uploading the video now and it will be able to be viewed soon on this link.

Mare stare is going up with weekend if we make that long. Cheerio is getting very close now. I am doing lots of checks on her daily and she is always under house cam. Her udder isn't full but her teats are pointed down and she is very relaxed in the croup area. Her vulva is getting close too. The baby moved into position last week and we are sitting waiting now. I can't wait to see the new one!

On the flip side, Sugar is in no rush. lol She could hold off for another couple of weeks easy!

That is great news, let hope she keeps her legs crossed until the weekend
default_smile.png

She is still hanging on. Her bag isn't completely full but with her being a maiden I'm not expecting it to get that way. Everything else is sitting ready.

She is small and saucy that's for sure. Once hubby has a chance to get the computer connected to the cams in the barn we should be rolling. He has been away most of the month so it has but me a little behind on streaming.

Latest posts

Back