Happy Appy Acres - Sugar **colt 5/2**and Cheerio angel filly 5/10

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope that all goes well for this foaling for you! I remember how sad it was with your mares last time
default_sad.png
and we all have our fingers and toes crossed that all will be well with this little ones!

Just wondering if you had your cameras set up yet? will be most happy to watch your pretty girls for you
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is all sounding very exciting - keeping my fingers crossed for Sugar to have a safe foaling and a healthy little baby. Can you take pics for us when you get your 'hands on' periods please.
default_yes.gif

Cheerio , the maiden's udder has started too! I am having troubles with my cams.Heather and her son have been working on them for me. I'm looking to get them up mid March.

Well after more than a week and 2 different sets of camera I still don't have a new set to set up for Marestare. I guess I will have to go with the old set that flash back and forth between cams quickly. I was hoping to get new ones but they just aren't working. The girls are sitting at day281 now and progressing quickly.

I will get more on the weekend. I get home after dark from work and go to school before the sun comes up.

Ok so we have spent last evening and so far today figuring out these cams! What we have done is modified the barn to accommodate the cams that I have. I hated how they flipped from one to the other so fast. There was nothing we could do about that so we dropped to 1 cam instead. To accommodate 1 cam we had to remove the full wall between the 2 stalls. We started that last night and finished it this morning. We have now installed a steel mesh wall between them. This makes it so that we can see through to the back stall well. We also have 2 sets of the same cams, One receiver had issues and needed to be replaced and you could only buy the whole set again to get it. So with the extra set of cams I will have them put up one on each stall for the great moment. That way I can turn them on and only have a clear centered shot of the foaling. Also because of the internet caps that I am dealing with now, I will only get the marestare cam set up close to due date but I will have a logitech cam that can be accessed for quick checking running first and longer than the mare stare cam.

Updated pictures! Theses are taken today at day 285. I'd say we have another 4 weeks or so left.

Cheerio

20130224_082124_zpsd08249e1.jpg

20130224_081752_zps22d8e844.jpg

Sugar

20130224_081658_zps1fdb26fb.jpg

20130224_081719_zps5374ba25.jpg

I have lots of studying to do this weekend. 3 different exams this week. Only 5 more weeks of class room work thankfully though.

20130224_082124_zpsd08249e1.jpg

Cheerio's expression here is hilarious "DO HURRY UP MUM IT IS FREEZING OUT HERE"

Both girls look great and right on time for a spring baby
default_smile.png

I have the girls in today on the house cam because of the storm. Sugar is not happy, that's for sure. She is kicking and biting at her belly and stomping her feet. She also had a soft poop this morning. I hope her uncomfortableness is just the baby moving. She isn't ready to foal yet. Cheerio is loving the bed of deep shavings and is laying around. lol She does like to sleep laying down though, always has. Use to freak me out when she was a weanling.

I am going to try to clip around Cheerio's udder area today. Her bag is starting to fill quickly and I need to remove some of her mammoth fur before foaling. Once I clip, if she is cooperating, I will post new pics of the 2 girls. Sugar should be good in the clipping department but Cheerio is not always so good about it. I might have to get the scissors out and give that a whirl. lol

Just about to the 300 day mark now. Monday is the safe day. The girls are moving right along well. Udders are coming in nicely. They are both changing shape and spend a fair bit of time laying down to sleep and rolling once they are inside for the night. Cheerio loves to lay out flat a lot so I can imagine that I will be getting a few calls thinking that she is having the baby. False alarms are better than no alarms, that's for sure.

I think Diane means once the V moves forwards and is no longer in the middle of the mares tummy.

Interesting! You know, Missy got a definite V belly with her first foal, but the last one she never did. She was just well rounded and her flank filled out a couple of months before foaling.

So is are the pictures from Day 300.

Cheerio. Last night Cheerio had a hard time. Very uncomfortable. Now today her belly is closer to her front legs then before and her udder is coming along. She has a ways to go but she is a maiden. She is very loose in the tail and her croup area is soft already.

20130311_155147_zpsea298ec2.jpg

20130311_155220_zpse55006db.jpg

20130311_155326_zps923adee0.jpg

Sugar has very little change yet. She is holding the baby close and in the centre. She has almost no udder which is odd for her. She normally turns into a milk cow.

20130311_154950_zps645efede.jpg

20130311_155007_zpsb8803fbc.jpg

20130311_155046_zps20bd700b.jpg

Latest posts

Back