Happy 31th Birthday, Gramma Pony (Dell Tera's Betty)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hosscrazy

Reaction score
Today is a very special day - it is Gramma Pony's 31st birthday (owned by Liz M. - Nootka). Although I have never had the honor of meeting her in person, she is a special equine friend who has captured the hearts of many of us long-time forum members.
default_yes.gif
:

For those of you who don't know Gramma Pony's story, here it is:

http://www.rhminis.com/gramma.html

She is one lucky gal!!!

Big hugs to you, Gramma Pony!!!

Love,

Liz R.

What a beautiful story!!! Happy birthday Gramma Betty! lol. She is just beautiful!

Awww, happy birthday Gramma Pony!! Spyder says hi, and he'll catch you one of these days. LOL (He got ridden yesterday for the first time since his 30th birthday in January.) Kody says he'll be happy to take Pyro off your hooves for awhile and give you a break.
default_yes.gif
:

Leia

Hey Gramma Pony, Happy Birthday!

Be sure to enjoy your birthday apple fritter, although I don't know that 31 candles will fit...

Happy Birthday Gramma!!!

You would think once you were over 30 years old, you wouldn't have to put up with nasty little colts comin' on to you! You have lots of patience Gramma! Give him a kick in the knickers!

default_birthday.gif
: Happy Birthday Gramma Pony!

I have such a soft spot for these older "historical" horses and she's no exception! There are so few around from what I really consider the early days (I know it's not technically the beginning of the miniature, but I think of it that way) it's so nice to see her so well taken care of, healthy and happy!

Kudos Liz!
default_yes.gif
:

Awwwww...is it that time of year again?!!! :aktion033: HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet girl!!! I agree...I have a soft spot for those Equine senior citizens and you truly are a grand old gal!!!
default_wub.png
: :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:

WOW!!! Happy Birthday Gramma Pony!! Her story made me cry!

:aktion033:
default_birthday.gif
: I think it is fabulous that you found her and are giving her the pampered life she deserves. [SIZE=14pt]HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAMMA PONY[/SIZE] Hope you enjoy your apple fritter :bgrin

Both the real Lotto and her boyfriend Flat Lotto send their love and nicker their sweet nothings to her!

I wish her happy birthday too! She is one lucky girl to have Liz and her family giving her the best there is!

Liz, please give her a big hug from me! If she'll stand for it LOL!

I love that mare!
default_wub.png
:

Thanks, Liz, and everyone, for remembering our sweet old Gramma.

I don't know how many offspring of Dell Tera's Hippy exist out there, but the fact remains that not many of the horses born in the 1970s still exist.

I am forever indebted to Stacy Score of Mountain Meadows for coming forth and helping to identify our girl.

She gave us one filly a year and a half afterward, and that mare, now ten, has given us several beautiful foals, Mouse, Kyan and Pyro just to name a few!

She enjoys her days and seems content in her little stall at night with her crunchies. Lets us know that she expects a beet pulp top dressing like all the other horses. Even if her dish is full with senior pellets, she will paw if we try to leave the barn without the scoop of wet beet pulp. Applesauce, grated carrots and of course something cinnamony for pastry make for nice treats.

I'll come back with some pics if she will let me brush some of the clumps of hair off of her.

Leia, I know she'd gladly buy Pyro the bus ticket if she only knew where to go.

She's so much more agreeable to being around his little sister for reasons we won't go into (though that has diminished already, he's still just too rambunctious on a hot day for a granny in jammies! *LOL*)

Liz M.

Happy Birthday Gramma Pony! :saludando: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

31 times!

Here's the birthday girl, who makes NO apologies for fairy knots or wind tangles in her hair. She was not about a brush and comb on her day:

grammap31.jpg

grammap31a.jpg

She has such a pretty, soft expression.

naptimelnp.jpg

Just for fun, here's the grandkids (Pyro, who really is her grandson, and the little black meanie (who's really bay, but is not related by blood, though preferred by gender!) sharing naptime. Gramma was just a few feet away, dozing on her feet.
default_smile.png

Thanks for looking, and I, too, would love to see her make 40 and beyond, as long as it's this good for her.

Liz M.

default_birthday.gif
:
default_birthday.gif
:
default_birthday.gif
:

Happy Birthday to an incredible Mare.

I am so happy she has found the perfect home for her. The love you two will share

with live with you forever. She is so blessed and you are blessed as well. I think

God placed her with you knowing she have a grand life doing what she loves, being

the Grandma to your babies. Thank you for sharing her birthday with us again.

I remember last year's birthday too. She is a true blessing to all of us.

I wanted to add, she is such a beautiful mare and looks so awesome, its hard to believe

her age. She is so beautiful.

Happy Birthday to Gramma Pony

Vicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww....thanks for the updated photos! Gramma Pony looks GREAT!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

Back