Gramma Pony (special thoughts for her/us...please?)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers for Grandma pony!
default_pray.gif

Liz, you already know how I feel about GP. I've been sending her prayers.

I have also pledged to send in some $ on her behalf to CMHR during their fund drive.

My thoughts are with you. OK, I'm crying again. I always do when I think of her because I love her so much. I know you'll do right by her as you've always done.

{{{{Hugs}}}} and LOVE to you both.

I so hope this is just a few days of down time. But know she has had a beautiful and loving retirement if she choses this time to go "home". It is so hard to lose these wonderful examples. It brings tears to me because I have watched her on LB for years, always praying that my own little herd of mid 20 seniors will honor ME with such longevity. We never want to let them go because they are so cherished.

Prayers to you both.

Hiya all...the vet just left and put her on some antibiotics this time (she has a bad smell in her mouth that is new), drew some more blood and says she seems fine, no temp good gut sounds, resp. and pulse.

She even perked up this morning when I let her out (after posting this) so perhaps the good thoughts are already working.

I will let you know when he calls me back w/the blood work...

THANK YOU again and yes, the pledges to CMHR are a great way to think of us if you can spare it. Gramma was a "rescue" at one point in her life, so was her grandson, Jack. Both are success stories.

Liz

Liz,

I sure hope the antibiotics work. Just saw this thread. I always love hearing about gramma pony and cherish each new story about her because we all know there are going to be fewer as time goes on. I'm keeping you both in my prayers. She's truly a part of history.
default_wub.png

Liz

Hello, I glad to read she is doing a little better. I will keep her in my prayers. I too love

this little mare. Hugs and Prayers Grandma Pony.

Vicky

Ohhh I hope it is just something little bothering her and she heals up soon. She is a good old girl!!!

Poor Gramma. She's such a pretty old girl. I hope she's feeling better soon!
default_wub.png

That was a good update. I'm glad she perked up and the check up went well!
default_wub.png

Fingers are crossed for the blood work!

Liz,

I can't think of a horse with more people pulling for her than Grandma Pony -- she is such a great old girl! I feel so honored to have shared an apple fritter with her...

She's found her heaven on earth, with a wonderful family of good people, her daughter and grandcolts and grandfillies...what more could a horse wish for in her old age? I'm sure she won't leave until it's really time...perhaps when Kyan needs her.

I'll be thinking of you all -- please keep us posted.

Take care,

susanne

Last edited by a moderator:
Been sending the healing energy most of today for this wonderful lady. She (and You) are an inspiration to us all. They creep into our hearts these old ones, and we hurt when they do. Hugs and love and light continue.

Ah Liz.........I'm sorry to hear that Gramma Pony is doing poorly. Most of us here know her thru your wonderful stories, and feel like she's part of our "family"
default_wub.png
. Many prayers go out to her, in hopes that she will soon bounce back, and again return to her usual self.

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers....dear, dear Gramma Pony...
default_no.gif

Liz R.

Liz,

Our prayers are lifted up for Gramma, and you. {{{WARMESTHUGSALWAYS}}}.

In His Hands,

Tanya

My thoughts and prayers are with Gramma Pony and your family, Liz. I'm so sorry this is happening.
default_sad.png

Back