Sea Tac was pretty good to us~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
The weather was great for move-in day and the first day, Friday, but turned wet and cold on Saturday, drying up again by Sunday. Fairly typical for April in Western Washington...we're lucky we got any sun at all.

Friday only had one class for Mouse and I: Amateur Hunter. He was very good, but I pulled over the second to the last jump by a standard (snagged the lead!), pulled it under him and he landed on it. NOT his fault. I was very proud of him, and felt like I betrayed him.

We didn't do so well in Halter on Saturday. He's out of shape, grown up to be too heavy for the current trend, and the other geldings in this region are just beautiful! He's also a bit bored with it all, I do believe (the Halter scene). Whatever the reason, we placed in the middle to bottom of the pack, but that's ok.

Pyro was a good boy, he went in the Amateur Jr. Stallions Level 1 class with me, in lieu of his big brother, Kyan, and he did alright even though he didn't do much standing, and I was kicked, pawed and bitten more times than I can count. He really didn't miss mom so much as wanted to challenge all the other boys out there.

After that was Open Weanling Stallions, and he got three firsts (only one in his class), which qualified him for the Jr. Stallion Championship...which is the two year old stallions as well as the yearlings of each height division. Two of the judges gave him the gate, but the third judge gave Pyro Reserve Grand Champion Junior Stallion!!!!!! I was blown away!!! I believe there were a dozen or more young, beautiful and well-trained stallions in the ring, and here was Pyro getting his first neck ribbon at his first show, ever, and prancing out with it into the rain for a victory lap back and some milk to top it off!

He does look beautiful, though, very much like his father in body type and that gorgeous little head as well as his momma's (and grandma's) expressive eyes, his own little attitude.

I have yet to get a good pic of him with his neck ribbon (it was drizzling miserably right after), but here he is, Mr. Pyro a/k/a Raftered Hearts TNT:

pyro42207st.jpg

pyro42207st1.jpg

pyrost07h.jpg

Little Black Meanie (story behind the nickname if ya want) succumbed to the magical talents of CCR's Hilary, and took a short nap in her lap. Here's a cute pic of Raftered Hearts Raven Sky:

hilarylbmst.jpg

We got to meet Shellie of Loren & Rocky on the Forum, and of course Loren and even David. They are the greatest people and Loren is wayyyyyyyy cuter in person, and a sweetheart. I just wish we'd had even more time to visit and be social. Shellie and Loren brought coloring books for the boys and cookies for us horse show types. I think Cherry Bomb ate one, though...
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Rori was there, too, and we didn't get the time to visit with her that I would have liked to. Apparently she was invisible for a bit of the time as I didn't even SEE her til the last day! Again, too busy.

My son Brandon was a little on the ill side, having come down with an ear infection. Colton celebrated his 3rd birthday on Sunday so we had cake on Friday (didn't want to store the cakes for that long, fresh cake is best!).

Shellie got some pics of Mouse and I doing Hunter, and waiting ringside, also some of Lailah and her daughter. I will have to grab those off my other computer and post them.

Here is a pic of Pyro and his dad getting a look at each other. Easy to see where Pyro gets his great lines:

bestpyrofalc.jpg

Kim should post some more pics of Pyro's daddy, who's gorgeous even if he IS a pita in the ring. ;) He thinks there should be something else more exciting going on in there than just standing around looking beautiful, so he and Mouse are on the same page.

Everyone was so kind to offer condolences and hugs regarding the loss of Kyan just a week previously. It was sad knowing he should have been there, but it felt like he WAS sorta there as his little brother toddled out of the ring with three blues the only boy in the class just like Kyan was last year at this same show.

Thanks for looking!

Liz M.

Heading out for Oregon Gold, but just wanted to give you a big :D. WAY TO GO!!! :D

Pyro looks GREAT, Liz -- especially that headshot! Between Pyro and Colton, I think you have the monopoly on bedroom eyes, both human and equine.

I love the photo of Hillary and the little princess!

I see Kim is listed as being on this thread, so hopefully she'll post photos of that gorgeous PITA!

Can't wait for our visit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Amy and susanne, and River!

Oh, susanne, you would be proud to know that Pyro achieved his win sans ANY makeup. He was clipped w/a #10 and a #40 over his muzzle and around his eyes, and he hadn't even ever had a bath in his whole life when he set foot in the ring.

No hoof polish (hence you can see the line where his baby hoof is growing away and the new, dark band of horn is growing in), no hair gel, no baby oil (yayyy b/c it would have been all over ME), no razors, nothin' not even show sheen.

Ahhh, the luxuries of being so young you glow, huh?

;)

L.

Oh Liz, he looks so good!
default_wub.png
: :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: I can't wait to hug that young man the first weekend in June and watch the fireworks when he and Kody meet.
default_rolleyes.gif
: I really really think Kody would like a younger brother to play with....

Leia

Wow --- Pyro sure has grown into a handsome little man!!! :new_shocked: :new_shocked: Congratulations to you - can't wait to see your summer pictures of you driving on the beach!

Liz R.

Pyro looks great Liz. Congrats!

Congrats Liz. Pyro looks awesome! He did his brother proud!

There is the little red wild man! He did great, better than his old man! Who was a pain. Lisa showed him, I showed him, Liz showed him and Matthew showed him,,, and he couldn't pull nothing higher than a third in amateur stallions. He was a brat. He tried hunter with my 16 year old son and loved that, but my son didn't. He had 22 in the class and not a chance to get a ribbon. And he was skunked in liberty, he was 49th out of 49. And didn't trot at all. But it was a blast. When you can have pouring down rain, a little throwing up, some great coffee, wonderful friends, plugged up toilets, beautiful horses, good food and a birthday party all in one weekend. Well, thats some good livin'!

I was surprised that Falcon was so kind to his son, he has never been around his kids too much. Liz and I were talking and Falcon was facing me as I was sitting down. We weren't paying attention and we THINK Pyro tried to nurse off his Dad. Maybe some teeth were involved. Falcon hunched all up and started toward me like he was going to jump in my lap, meanwhile making three shrill mare screams. We think he was saying " Bad touch, BAD touch,,,, BAD TOUCH!!!"!!!!! I was failing to protect my delicate little stallion from his two month old son! Oh lord.

He is a little cutie. Got to see you show in the championship class.

You and he both have more patience than me, standing that long for three judges is tough! Way to go!

Hope you do as well in Tacoma, sure you will.

Well, Kim, when you put it like that, it almost sounds like touring with some rock star or something...! Oh, that was Pyro, wasn't it?

Guess Falcon and Mouse will have to be old performance horses now...I am kinda enjoying it when I get over my nerves.
default_smile.png
I still enjoy Halter the most, though.

countryrose, thanks, and looking forward to seeing you there. I think Pyro's little sister will also make her show debut there. I am a glutton for punishment, ya know?

Thanks, everyone, I think he's a pretty special little guy with a bright future even if he never takes another ribbon. ;)

Poor Falcon, he was so good about the "checking under the hood" that Pyro was doing. Many stallions would have kicked the you know what out of him. It was pretty funny!

L.

Falcon screaming like a girl and jumping onto Kim's lap...people barfing...sounds like I missed all the fun!

I think that Leia needs to hold off on any more carts and buy Pyro -- before he becomes a super star...

But, but...no more carts?? :new_shocked:
default_crybaby.gif
: But I need more carts! I still need a Frontier and a real show cart now that Kody is back into a higher headset mode. After all, if I bought Pyro you KNOW the little monster will be between the shafts in three years. Surely that requires more carts....
default_unsure.png
: Surely.

Leia

Back