HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, Gramma Pony!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA PONY! :aktion033:

That is such a wonderful story.
default_yes.gif
:

Well, here are some pics, sorry so late!

Gramma didn't approve of the first part of her birthday, being as she had a bath, the first whole bath she's had since we've had her, and that will be 11 years this December. Just as that was finishing up, the farrier pulled in. He saw her standing there drying off and said, "Oh, great, now Gramma's gonna be all mad."

*LOL*

She didn't want anything to do with us for a while so we just turned her out in the pasture where she promptly had a good roll.

gma30.jpg

Just hanging around the pasture on a sunny July afternoon, as it should be.
default_smile.png

grammap30.jpg

But she DID have a few "tricks up her sleeve" for her visit w/her one-dimensional toy-boy *LOL* (not fair, he's actually a well-rounded dude!):

gmalotto.jpg

(can you hear the music?)

gmalotto2.jpg

(well, after this, they made me leave them alone for a long time)

30fritter.jpg

Afterwards, she was really hungry, but Mr. Lotto was ASLEEP. Go figure!

ravenbabes.jpg

An interesting turn of events is that "Mouse's" Raven (for those of you that remember Bonnie Fogg's reading of him and other stories I've shared in this regard) brought it's first clutch of babies down to feast on leftovers of apple fritter! The Raven in the middle (you can barely make out the white spot on the chest) is "Mouse's" and the other two are the babies!!! So maybe they came to help celebrate. The babies and (father? mother?) were quite pleased to have these treats and squawked and carried on with the babies begging to be fed in between stealing bites. Sorry the pic is so bad, but I had to take them through the (dirty) dining room window o/wise the Ravens would have left in a hurry.

Thanks for sharing Gramma's birthday with us and thanks for all the well wishes!

Liz M.

[SIZE=14pt] Wow she sure looks like she is in good weight Liz! Cute little hair bows and everything!!!![/SIZE]

Cool about the "Chicken" showing about the birthday party!!! Mouse probably invited them, he knew it was a big day to celebrate!!!!!! Glad I finally got to see Raven!

Heheh, Kim those are just flowers we picked from the backyard (err, maybe Gramma stole them). The Sweet Peas made her smell so sweet.

Yeah it was neat to see the babies. I suspected the Raven/Chicken was raising babies b/c they were so frequently here to eat and the last week or so I have heard them squawking but never saw them til today. I didn't know for sure it was THEIR babies, though, so now I know! Yay!

Hopefully they too will come back and raise more generations but I love the one we have (Mouse's) as I can tell him/her apart b/c of the white chest.

Liz

Aw, she looks fantastic! Although what you think you're implying about our chaste and wonderful Mr. Lotto and our sweet and innocent Gramma Pony...I don't know! :new_shocked: You have a dirty mind Liz! LOL. I'm sure they just shared a bowl of fritters and engaging conversation.
default_rolleyes.gif
: :lol:

Leia

Better late than never....happy happy birthday Gramma Pony! With all the
default_wub.png
: I can send you from Europe!

It's good to hear that some horses find a happy ending and a good home to retire.

Our mare Celly is only 18 (rather young compared to Gramma) but she is retired also.

After giving us a beautiful foal she got ....o how do you call it...the hoof problem which causes horses not to be able to walk, some get it when they eat to much grass.....???

Anyway it caused her to get really skinny and we thought we were going to lose her.

After quite some time now she is better again but her hooves will always be a chronic problem for her.

My parents were so lovely to adopt her and now she can enjoy the rest of her life in their pastures eating apples and carrots.

We can only hope she may have the honour of becomming 30.

Celly has probably been one of the more lucky ones, so all respect goes to Gramma.

And to you Liz...for all your hard work and unconditional love!

Patricia

default_rolleyes.gif
:

Leia, it might be YOU with the dirty mind. I never said a word about what they might be doing or talking about in their solitude. Heheh.

As we all know, good conversation tends to whet the appettite, but Lotto being of the male persuasion may have opted for a nap instead. Besides, he has a lot of travelling to do starting today.

default_smile.png

Shari, thanks, Gramma always comes in from the pasture with pieces of the forest in her mane (moss, twigs, pine cones/branches, and of course sticker brambles), so I thought we'd let her have some hair decorations that might be a little more feminine for her special day. Bet she's glad today is "just another day"!

Patricia, my mare was about the same age as yours when I first got her, so I hope you will have a long time with her, too. I am happy to think that just maybe Gramma has lived here, in one place, longer than she's lived anywhere in her life and that I've owned her for over a third of her lifespan so far. She seems very content here, and in very good health. I hope your girl's founder is manageable with a minimum of discomfort for her.

Liz M.

Oh, Liz .... those pictures are absolutely wonderful....just warmed my heart. It looks like Gramma Pony enjoyed all that special attention - and the flowers in her flowing hair are absolutely beautiful!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing the photos --- and letting us be a part of this special day.
default_wub.png
:

Liz R.

Happy Birthday and many more Gramma Pony!!! You look great! Good job Liz

Ah! No wonder he opted to hang around and chat
default_wink.png
: with her, she looks gorgeous!

She looked so sweet looking at him!

My favorite photo though, is the one with her and her cake-o-fritters with the candles!

Thank you so much for sharing her special day with us! And for letting Flat Lotto be a guest. I hope he was a good boy! I guess he's on his way to my Home state now! Wheee!

Thanks Liz!

WOW...Happy 30th Gramma Pony!!!! Great Job Liz!!!!!

Dawn :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
default_birthday.gif
:

Happy Happy Birthday Gramma Pony, kudos to you Liz for taking such good care of this special girl :aktion033: :aktion033: Her story brought tears to my eyes, she was lucky to find you.

Yvonne

WOW...Happy 30th Gramma Pony! Looks like she had a super birthday party.

And looks like you had a fun time doing it. I love seeing the pictures of older the

horses.

Vicky

Back