HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, Gramma Pony!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
When I got this mare for free along with a group of other minis, I never imagined I would have her for over ten years, nor did I ever figure I would know her true identity, as she didn't have papers and was on the verge of passing away from the looks of her.

gpncher5-03.jpg

(photo taken the following year w/her only foal she had for us)

But she is a fixture, here, and seems to enjoy her life quite a bit.

I'll post pictures from her "birthday party" (she has planned a visit with a one-dimensional wonder among other things) later today (it's just midnight, here).

Gramma has a day of leisure planned other than getting her "hair" done and maybe her "nails" too (farrier is supposed to show up), and possibly bingeing on apple fritters, lounging with her "toy boy" Lotto.

We want to use this opportunity to remind you that not all senior minis are so lucky as to find a home for life, and Chances Miniature Horse Rescue is an instrument to that end for many others.

Please see Frankie's thread on Christmas In July and give a little extra maybe, as a birthday gift for Gramma Pony.

You can read more of her story and see some pictures, here:

Gramma Pony is 30!

Thanks for looking!

(I have planned to donate an auction item to Chances in her honor, but waiting to finish it and for other needy causes to have their time as well)

Liz M.

Yay, Grandma Pony!! :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

What a fantastic old girl and she obviously still has the moves even in that photo at 29 years old. You know how special we all think she is and I am so pleased that I will hopefully get a chance to meet this wonderful old lady this year. You are right to remind us that not everyone is as lucky as she was to be rescued, and as lucky as you were to find such a special friend and babysitter. Thank you for using her birthday as an excuse to help others! :aktion033:

Happy birthday, Dell Tera's Betty.
default_birthday.gif
:
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

From Leia and "the old man," Spyderman, 29 1/2 year old rescue horse

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAMMA PONY!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I get tears of love in my eyes every time I see her photos or read about her. What a grand lady she is! And what a HUGE honor for Flat Lotto to be there to celebrate her 30th birthday!

I hope you'll get lots of photos!

Please give her a hug and a fritter for me Liz!

BTW I'm dying to hear (see) what the "flat man" got at the show! You're teasing me without knowing! Did he get a keepsake?

I'm all teary after reading that Liz, bless your heart for it's boundless love and bless Gramma Pony for loving you and her kids so much she just won't leave. That is an historic mare you got there! I think that missive should be sent to the registries, pics and all, what beter way to impress on others the value of "an old mare". :aktion033: Happy birthday Gramma.
default_wub.png
:

ever since i came on LB i have loved hearing about grandma pony. I love her!!! thank you liz

Happy Birthday Grandma pony!
default_birthday.gif
:
default_cheers.gif
:

She is so lucky to have found you Liz!!

Maggie's Grandfather is Dell Tera's Hippy. Maggie's foaling record is very much like Grandma's too.

So Grandma has an relative in the area. :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope to have the honor of actually meeting Gramma pony one day soon, if I can ever make it over to your place Liz!!

Happy Birthday Gramma pony!!! :aktion033:
default_birthday.gif
:
default_thumbup.gif
: :worshippy:
default_wub.png
:

default_birthday.gif
: to GRAMMA Pony!!! Wow, she is one amazing little lady! :aktion033:

She is beautiful and I would not ever guess her age in that trotting photo!!! I hope I am blessed enough to have my special mares with me when they are her age!

bday6.gif
bday17.gif
bday9.gif
bday17.gif
bday6.gif

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes.

Gramma was in fine form this morning, pawing vigorously and licking her lips for her breakfast/fritter to start the day!

I am bummed the farrier had to come today, but she does need her hooves trimmed and he only comes up this way on Wednesdays.

She handles it ok, even when we had an earthquake once while we were trimming her hooves. *LOL*

Without Gramma, we would not have Cherry Bomb (daughter), nor Cherry's foals Flash, Jack, Mouse, Comet, or Kyan, and we're expecting another little grandkid early next Spring/late Winter of '07!

We will have pics after she's had her 'salon' visit! *LOL*

Liz

Well
default_birthday.gif
: beautiful old girl! Seeing equine senior companions live happy and healthy lives just warms my heart! May she have many many more years left to enjoy! :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

You beat me to it!!!! I have this date written down in my calendar - this is a BIG day for celebation!!!!! I told my horses this morning that this is Gramma Pony's birthday, and explained to them who Gramma Pony is...to me, she was Misty's Cyber-Senior friend, a blessed spirit who is so lucky to have found her way into your home, Liz, and into your heart.

Bless you and Gramma Pony...please give her a BIG kiss and a hug from me.

Here's a poem I found about a month ago, for this special day:

The Spirits of Horses

In all Heavens Kingdom

Born to this earth to give love,and to protect

To serve here, as heavens sent gifts

Listen for their Whispers

Songs in the Winds

They'll speak to your heart

Love from within

By their essence and presence

In magnificent splendor

The heart and their courage

giving sweet natures

All the Power and Grandeur

Fluid grace That they move

Noble and kind

In the ways of the world

They run Wild

Forever Free

One with the wind

Alive in our Dreams

Their love will live on

in the hearts of all man

Heavens sent angels

Teachers of love.

Love,

Liz R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurray for Gramma Pony! She's such a grand old gal, and I just love all your posts about her. Can't wait to see her glammed up for her special day.

Thanks, Liz, of course you know it made me "Misty" eyed and I always think about Misty, too, when I hang out with Gramma b/c they just seem akin somehow esp. b/c you've been here all along, too, and probably remember way back when I was SO excited about Gramma's baby she was having/just had when the Forum was new. *LOL*

She has had her bath and her hooves done (oh, she wrestled Bob today. *LMAO* He wasn't happy w/me for bathing her, he said, "Oh, Gramma's gonna be all MAD, now"), so when she's dry and has had time to get the farrier ick offa her, she will have her "party"!

Thanks, everyone, for peeking in and wishing her well. She's so healthy and well, it really makes me feel good that she has this time to "just be" and not have to worry over much (except her annoying grandson Kyan and tagalong Bella).

Liz M.

default_wub.png
: HAPPY 30th birthday you dear lovely girl!! And many more.

I hope our live that long, although with two of our only 2 and 3 yrs old that's sacry as we'd have to know someone wlse would care for them because we won't be around for another 30 yrs:) (We're 65 and 67)

Shammy at 16 is guaranteed a good home if that happens from her former owner and we're trying to figure out who to leave them to and will approach people as we age even more, SO

congratulations and best regards of the day!!

(To you too Nootka for the wondeful care you give her!)

Carl and Maxine

Shadow, Shammy and Shortcake

Coming in LATE....to wish Gramma Pony a HAPPY HAPPY DAY! :aktion033:

Have never seen her in person (my fault! ) but seen lots of photos and feel like I know her!

Appreciate Liz R's poem.......and the words "Misty - eyed" did not go over my head. It was about this time last year that we lost OUR "Misty" who was only a couple years younger than Gramma Pony. I just wish we had had the chance to own Misty long enough to give her all the love you have been able to give your Lady........

They ALL deserve a special retirement home of happiness.

MA

Back