Great ending to a real Poopy day!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sound very much like me. My mother just doesn't get it at all but I do! Quality of life over "stuff" any day!!! I tell my husbanda ll teh time, do you realize what we could have if we lived in town again? But, we wouldn't give up this life for anything town has to offer. Shoot, we ran away from what town had to offer. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I get down sometimes for the same reasons. Some of our family are always trying to make us feel inadequate because we are always a bit "worn" around the edges. My in-laws just don't understand why we live the way we do. I am in a similar situation as you, part time job, kids, and raising a few minis on the side. My mother-in-law in particular likes to roll her eyes and tisktisk at us. She makes little comments about our permanently dirty old vehicles, the haying machinery parked all over the yard, etc. She just doesn't see the sense of pride my children have after doing a good job on the chores, or when they are mobbed for effection in the corral, or when they see the progress while socializing a new foal. Some things they just can't understand if they haven't been there. You follow your own drummer and be happy that you have discovered something they will never know! :aktion033:

With us farm girls it isnt haveing what you want its wanting what you have! :aktion033:

:aktion033: I agree with you 100%.

We would live no other way. Our lives revolve around our horses. Our vacation, if you can call it is the week at the county fair (but we end up doing twice the work because we have to run home and do the chores also). Our little ones give us more
default_wub.png
: than anyone could ever dream of.

Please do not let anyone get you down on the way you choose to live. Be happy, after all it is your life.
default_yes.gif
:

Deb

I always wanted to be out in the country but my hubby didn't want to drive a long distance into work. When he retired at age 60 he said we'd try it. It was scary for him I know as nearly everyone we talked with that was selling a "farm" was older people moving to the city because the farm was too much for them.

After 6 months he was raving about the country life. Said if he'd have known it was this good he'd probably have chosen the long drive to work! He lost weight which the doctor had been wanting him to and got a suntan (his was a desk job that ran more than 40 hours most of the time).

Life can be good and I'm so thankful that we are able to actually have "golden years".

I'm with you!!! My fondest memories growing up were trips to my cousin's dairy farm in Vermont. It was only a few hours from where we lived in Connecticut so we were there almost every weekend. Hanging out with the cows, helping to feed the calfs, watching when they were born (seeing how much poop I could accumulate on my shoes :lol: ) To me that was more fun than any amusement park could ever be. (still is). I hope to have a big farm in the counrty some day. Then I can have even more minis :lol:.

Latest posts

Back