De-shedding brush recommendation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trails4jd

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I hope no one points out anything is wrong with this but on a whim I decided to try the wire cat brush to help my guy Eddy shed out. He seems to love it and it does a great job of getting rid of that never ending supply of hair. And what is it about mini hair that makes it cling to you? I can't decide if it's like cat hair, rabbit fur, or what? I read once that they never completely shed out--do you all agree?!!

Absolutely nothing wrong with trying out a cat brush on your horse! I’ve used assorted horse brushes on the dogs and the rubber dog shedder on a mini, plus a human hair brush was repurposed one horse show. Full disclosure though, the brush continued to serve both horse and granddaughter. 🤣

My favorite grooming tool is a pair of rubber grooming mitts, Hands On Grooming Gloves. I love those things!

Personally I think minis shed out as completely as their bigger cousins, but may need more help during the shedding season to get rid of the winter woolies!

Eddy no doubt enjoys anything and everything you use!

My mane comb doubles as a human comb at the shows too! I have a Haas curry that a friend gave me and it's awesome for shedding, it looks like it would be uncomfortable as it's hard and the teeth are unforgiving but all three of mine love it. And I wouldn't be without my Slick 'N Easy block of whatever it is. That's pretty good too.

Hey, I've used a Furminator on Rowan. Whatever works!

I do like the jelly scrubber though, the hair seems to stick to it and I feel like it takes more out than the round metal shedding blade I have. The rubber ones work fairly well too but the jelly scrubber stays on my hand nicely and I don't have to grip it.

Latest posts

Back