Grants Pass Auction Minis - Katya - colt born June 22

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katya just had a colt! It was really fast, water broke to baby in less than a minute.

Oh WOW!! Many congratulations!! Well done Katya!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Cant wait for the pics and all the details - did the chant for spots work????

Yippeee congratulations, I can't wait for pics and details. You must br so glad the waiting is over
default_smile.png

Yes, so glad the wait is over. I had just gotten home from a trail ride ten minutes before her water broke. Think she was waiting for me? He just figured out how to stand as I type. Born about 2:15 pm.

Will be able to tell more when he's dry, but I saw your FB pics, and he sure does look buckskin.

WELL! That was unexpected. I got a text from Crystallos: Katya babby now. I had to interpret, but it wasn't that hard. May I say the wait was worth it? We should have started chanting for the spots sooner, I suppose. He has one large one on his side, and maybe one on his head.

22Jun2013 Ohhhh.jpg

22Jun2013 legs.jpg

22Jun2013 bracing.jpg

22Jun2013 Milkbar.jpg

He was born at 2:15ish, up on wobblies by 3:15ish, and trotting and jumping by 4:15ish. We've been touching him all over and Katya is extremely good about us until there are too many of us. She's such an accomplished mother. We've moved them into their stall, since Katya chose to deliver in the sunshine.

Boy is so cute! He finally figured out how to stand up and now he has to figure out how to lay back down again.

Aunties: Thank you all for your help and encouragement during this endless process. We learned so much from you!

Oh my gosh...look at those legs will ya!!!.........I've never seen such long ones..least not on a mini foal!! Its wonderful that Katya is so trusting with you and is sharing him with you. Congratulations to all and to all....IM glad you can finally have a good night.....sleep that is!!! He's beautiful!!

I was fascinated by the length of his legs compared with his little body. It was even more fascinating to watch him trying to gather those great long things under him. Crystallos, I'm sure, got a picture of him doing the splits. I feel like a new mother: please, let me show you ALL my pictures and tell you, exhaustively, about every first moment in his life. I'll try to get a handle on myself, but no promises! And the moment he hits the monster portion of his programming, I'm sure my tune will change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please please..tell us every thing..every detail..every picture...I think I can speak for everyone! Please!!!

P.S. Trust me The Aunties start going viral if they don't get to see pictures...do as they say or Renee will send out the flying monkeys...she's done it before!!

Heheeee yes do share him with us
default_smile.png
pleaseeeeee

Those legs just go on for ever, no wonder it took him an hour to learn to stand. congrats again Evelyn he is adorable.

Well he certainly looks Buckskin to me - maybe he will grow a few more spots in time? But those legs are just amazing!! Just another little tip from the Aunties here - remove Katya's halter asap, it is not safe to leave them on a mare once there are babies around!

Oh and yes, PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES!! and loads of details are essential.
default_yes.gif

We'll both be posting pictures. Crystallos is very talented with a camera, so I'm looking forward to action shots.

Katya's halter only stayed on while she was out, since we had to occasionally catch her. We kept a close eye on it, and it came off as soon as she was in her room.

Boy took his first nap standing up, because he hadn't figured out how to lower himself back to the ground. I was talking to him about it and demonstrated squatting down, and he nickered at me. OMG, I'm going to have fun with him.

Those nickers are very dangerous you know, I think they are also known as " I can't work I have a foal" ROFL

Latest posts

Back